The KEY

There have been many discussions about this.  Many think it is not worth it.  I have found it  worth it (when on sale) as I really do not like lines.  It was also nice to drop my carry-on off on boarding.  Really it depends on what is important to you.  To answer your question, yes I would purchase again.  Enjoy your cruise.

39 minutes ago, back-at-it said:

I was looking at the KEY option for our first Royal cruise coming up in DEC.  $25.99 a day, is it worth it?

Who has purchased it and would you do it again?

That is $25.99 PP PD, everyone over age 6 in the cabin must purchase the Key, happy cruising

If you are planning on getting the surf and stream it may be worth it to you. We bought it as we wanted the surf and stream and for a few dollars more we got priority boarding, lunch at chops, carry on luggage storage and expedited debarkation. 

Now with the new enforced boarding times I don't know how people with the key will get any priority boarding. Would I purchase it again? Yes if the price is right.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

If you are planning on getting the surf and stream it may be worth it to you. We bought it as we wanted the surf and stream and for a few dollars more we got priority boarding, lunch at chops, carry on luggage storage and expedited debarkation. 

Now with the new enforced boarding times I don't know how people with the key will get any priority boarding. Would I purchase it again? Yes if the price is right.

Agree with @Sea Dog and to expand slightly, in my opinion $25.99 is to high of a price. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Agree with @Sea Dog and to expand slightly, in my opinion $25.99 is to high of a price. 

Yes I agree too. We got the Key for our November sailing for $18.99. I think anything under $20 is a great deal.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, back-at-it said:

$25.99 a day, is it worth it?

Normal price pre COVID was $20. For most the "worth it" equation depends on the diff between Key and Stream VOOM price - anything more than about $5, probably no.

• Like 1

The chops lunch is now held in the MDR with a Chops menu.  This is something to consider. Also consider if all of the protocols and capacity control will still be in effect when you sail. There may not be a need for reserved seating in the shows or lines for the activities.  We were able to pre book shows through the APP and were able to get good seats. I think $25.99 per person is too much to pay.