Cruise Check In

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Someone posted a few days ago that they could not even check in on a computer and had to use the app which I find hard to believe.  Has anyone had luck checking in on your laptop?

I tried to check in on my computer it would let me go so far right up to the health acknowledgement. There are no boxes to check and it won't let me continue .I checked in using the app on my phone but when i click view set sail pass on my computer it comes up blank 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I agree. Not everyone has a smartphone or even a computer. 

Agreed.  There's also some that have a cell phone (may or may not be a smart phone) that only know how to use them to make phone calls.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BND said:

Someone always says that, but in reality, how many people are we talking about like that, that cruise?  My parents are 83 and have both.  My MIL, on the other hand doesn't, but she's too disabled to even think about cruising.  I can't think of anyone else I know that doesn't have either or both.  

Very true, my MIL has one. She can check FB and answer calls. But ask her to do something unfamiliar like fill out an application or do a checkin on a tiny screen with even tinier buttons. We aren't positioning ourselves for success. 🙂

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I agree. Not everyone has a smartphone or even a computer. 

If someone can book a cruise, they probably have a computer. If they don’t and they used a TA, then they should assist them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BND said:

Someone always says that, but in reality, how many people are we talking about like that, that cruise?  My parents are 83 and have both.  My MIL, on the other hand doesn't, but she's too disabled to even think about cruising.  I can't think of anyone else I know that doesn't have either or both.  

Someone always says that. I can. We have friends and family that don't even have basic cell phones and some who no longer use their computers but still travel. We still have a landline.  IMO, using apps for whatever isn't going to be the only option in life. We went out to eat last night and our server handed us a QR code menu. I then asked for two menus. 😵

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I guess I'm  slow at moving forward. We still have a landline. 🤣

I am almost never home anymore 😮 ...and would not even have cable TV if it was not "forced" on us with our community HOA program.  "Cut the cord" on the land line many years ago. 😉  No one home to use it.  

Bucky still hates his I-phone (too complicated).  

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, sixbirches said:

If someone can book a cruise, they probably have a computer. If they don’t and they used a TA, then they should assist them. 

Ya think! That's exactly my point. I have a computer and a smartphone. I do all my homework via the computer but still call (on my landline) and speak with a person at the cruise line reservations or if booking with a TA from that agency to book our cruises. I never book directly on the computer. 

Edited by davekathy

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

I am almost never home anymore 😮 ...and would not even have cable TV if it was not "forced" on us with our community HOA program.  "Cut the cord" on the land line many years ago. 😉  No one home to use it.  

Bucky still hates his I-phone (too complicated).  

Kathy won't use hers either. It's always in her car for just in case. The only time it's used is when I go into it to charge it and delete all the unread Emails and texts. Now the song "Telephone Line" by ELO is stuck in my head. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ahughes517 said:

It appears you show your vaccination card at the terminal. I haven’t seen an option for uploading it to the app. 

Is the original vaccination card needed?  Can a photo of it on your phone be sufficient?  Or should one print out the immunization record from their physician's office or medical records?

2 hours ago, bmblob said:

Is the original vaccination card needed?  Can a photo of it on your phone be sufficient?  Or should one print out the immunization record from their physician's office or medical records?

I would think that just as a photo of your passport wouldn’t be sufficient at the port, a photo of your vaccine card or immunization record also wouldn’t work. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bmblob said:

I’m sure a photo would not be acceptable 

5 hours ago, molly361 said:

Someone posted a few days ago that they could not even check in on a computer and had to use the app which I find hard to believe.  Has anyone had luck checking in on your laptop?

We are on Adventure August 14th. Totally checked in on my laptop and now see it in the app.  Cannot do the health thing yet, but everything else is done

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, davekathy said:

still call (on my landline) and speak with a person at the cruise line

I'm on the computer several hours a day, playing games, researching stuff, talking with friends, but booking cruises with a real live person.  That way I make sure I don't screw it up!

21 hours ago, Vibe said:

For those that have upcoming cruises soon. How and when are you checking in, website or app? if you are using the app, do you have any tips?

Already checked in for our August and Sept cruises

25 minutes ago, karena1 said:

Already checked in for our August and Sept cruises

Which ships? I am on the 8/14 Symphony sailing, which is the first one out, and check-in is still not open. I wonder if first sailings are a little delayed with check-in? 

11 hours ago, molly361 said:

I just did on on my desktop.

48 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

We're booked September on the Ovation. Royal say we'll get an e-mail when check in is available.

Evidently, Ovation is not ready yet.  We were able to check in for Serenade September and that is after our Ovation sailing.  I did not get and email, I just check my booking and it was available.

9 hours ago, orville99 said:

Sounds like check in goes live ~30 days pre-cruise. When do you get access to luggage tags and cruise documents? Is that still ~7 weeks out?

Our Serenade check in became available about 83 days out.

10 hours ago, davekathy said:

I guess I'm  slow at moving forward. We still have a landline. 🤣

We also still pay for a landline and use an answering machine. Neither one of us wants to let go of that tel number since we've had it for three decades.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

At check-in. They will scan it and your passport. 

I just have one question - and I know you have the answer:  

The security photo we take with the app…it doesn’t show up publicly on our seapass or anything, right?  Just need to know this awful pic of me won’t be shown around the ship.  😂