Crown & Anchor question

Sorry in advance if my inquiry is in the wrong forum. I looked for a specific C&A on but couldn't find.

A user in anther CC forum (solo/deals) mentioned possible discounts for C&A members. The post reminded me that, while I haven't sailed a great deal on RCL I did/do have an account. My account shows my past three cruises (back to 1999) and my total points at a whopping 23! Shows I received 8 points for a 4 night cruise (2016), (On this cruise I sailed solo.) Received 7 points for a 7 night cruise (2012) and only 1 point for a 10 nigher (1999).

Question 1: for an infrequent cruiser like myself do a handful of C&A points have any "value" (better rates, freebies, etc.)?

Not sure why I received only 1 point for a 10 night sailing. Alas, life's too short to be concerned about something that happened over 30 years ago!

Thanks for any C&A insight.

20 minutes ago, Love2Cruise4Less said:

Question 1: for an infrequent cruiser like myself do a handful of C&A points have any "value" (better rates, freebies, etc.)?

Not sure why I received only 1 point for a 10 night sailing. Alas, life's too short to be concerned about something that happened over 30 years ago!

RCI changed from a per cruise accounting system to a points based on nights system between your first and second sailing. Your one sailing converted to 8 points.

"Valuable" discounts start at the Diamond (80 points) level. The value diff of the perks between Gold, Platinum and Emerald are negligible.

For cruises before Jan 2011, one cruise credit was given for each cruise. An extra credit was given for cruises of 12+ nights and cruises in staterooms of type JS or better. So your 1 credit  for a 10n sailing is correct. When they did the conversion they multiplied credits x7 and gave you an extra point. 
Now you get a point per night ( 2 points per night if solo and 3 points a night is solo in a suite) 

Your points total is correct.  There is a double points promo on at the moment which is a good way to build up points. Book by 9/21 and sail by 12/22.

Good stuff starts happening at 80: although you will start to receive a discount on balconies at 30. 

Edited by little britain

2 hours ago, Love2Cruise4Less said:

Sorry in advance if my inquiry is in the wrong forum. I looked for a specific C&A on but couldn't find.

A user in anther CC forum (solo/deals) mentioned possible discounts for C&A members. The post reminded me that, while I haven't sailed a great deal on RCL I did/do have an account. My account shows my past three cruises (back to 1999) and my total points at a whopping 23! Shows I received 8 points for a 4 night cruise (2016), (On this cruise I sailed solo.) Received 7 points for a 7 night cruise (2012) and only 1 point for a 10 nigher (1999).

Thanks for any C&A insight.

If you add your points 8+7+1 equal 16.  You have 23.

That one point was they called a credit which converted to 8 points