Princess Gift Cards, $500 will get you $550 total

CruiseVA

7 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

That’s the quickest option.
Be sure to monitor your email and junk/spam folder just in case.

Thank you.... I'm running late for my dental appt. So I'll check into ALL of this when I get home, including trying to reach my TA to see if she was able to do anything.

Thank you again!

Diane

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruiseagain10 said:

Princess won't let me do anything once I transfer my booking to a TA.

I've told Princess previously I hate that I can't control my own booking, since it's MY money.

They always tell me the same thing, no matter which Princess agent I've spoken to. It's SO frustrating!😡

Diane

There is lots you can discuss/ask Princess when you use a TA.  The TA has to deal with anything fare-related like a re-fare, a payment, an upgrade, etc.  You can purchase your own gift cards directly, but if applying them as payment on balance owing, then you contact your TA and give them the GC number and the PIN code and they make the payment with Princess.  Also, you don't use a TA if ordering Excursions pre-cruise, or other offers in the Cruise Personalizer.  You also use EZ-Air directly and do not need engage the TA.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

There is lots you can discuss/ask Princess when you use a TA.  The TA has to deal with anything fare-related like a re-fare, a payment, an upgrade, etc.  You can purchase your own gift cards directly, but if applying them as payment on balance owing, then you contact your TA and give them the GC number and the PIN code and they make the payment with Princess.  Also, you don't use a TA if ordering Excursions pre-cruise, or other offers in the Cruise Personalizer.  You also use EZ-Air directly and do not need engage the TA.

I just got home... my TA called while I was walking in the door. She hadn't called Princess yet. I told her I would "Try" to get the gift cards.

From what I understand, I click on the link and order the gift cards? Does it say anything about getting the $50. gift card per $500.?

I just don't want to mess this up and put a lot on my charge card before final payment if I won't get the $50. 'bonus' gift card.

Sorry I'm being such a pain!

Thanks!

Diane

6 minutes ago, cruiseagain10 said:

I just got home... my TA called while I was walking in the door. She hadn't called Princess yet. I told her I would "Try" to get the gift cards.

From what I understand, I click on the link and order the gift cards? Does it say anything about getting the $50. gift card per $500.?

I just don't want to mess this up and put a lot on my charge card before final payment if I won't get the $50. 'bonus' gift card.

Sorry I'm being such a pain!

Thanks!

Diane

It's in the terms and conditions small print as a special offer expiring tonight.  When you do the order, it should confirm what you are getting.  That has been my past experience.  As you have no doubt read, lots of people have ordered multiple cards with no issues.  Order virtual cards and you will get emails for the base $500 card(s) and for the bonus $50 card(s).

13 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

It's in the terms and conditions small print as a special offer expiring tonight.  When you do the order, it should confirm what you are getting.  That has been my past experience.  As you have no doubt read, lots of people have ordered multiple cards with no issues.  Order virtual cards and you will get emails for the base $500 card(s) and for the bonus $50 card(s).

I just tried, and it wouldn't let me click on 'order', so I did a "chat" and the person said I had to close the tabs and start over... So I'll try that.. I hope it works,

Thank you again.

Just now, cruiseagain10 said:

I just tried, and it wouldn't let me click on 'order', so I did a "chat" and the person said I had to close the tabs and start over... So I'll try that.. I hope it works,

Thank you again.

One more thing~~~ IF it does go through, how do I get the gift cards to Princess?

3 minutes ago, cruiseagain10 said:

One more thing~~~ IF it does go through, how do I get the gift cards to Princess?

You give them to your TA or from what I learned yesterday you can add them directly on the

site into the payment tab 

16 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

You give them to your TA or from what I learned yesterday you can add them directly on the

I didn't know there was a $2,000 max and I was trying to order $3,000. 

It went through when I changed it to $2,000.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cruiseagain10 said:

I didn't know there was a $2,000 max and I was trying to order $3,000. 

It went through when I changed it to $2,000.

I think others did multiple transactions, if you read back a bit. If you need more for a upcoming trip 🙂

2 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

I think others did multiple transactions, if you read back a bit. If you need more for a upcoming trip 🙂

I got the $3,000 in gift cards plus the $50. for each card = $300. I printed them out, so I don't mess up, again!!

BUT: I didn't receive an email confirmation for the $1,000 (2 gift cards), I only received an email for the $2,000 (4 gift cards) The entire $3,000 was charged on my credit card, so they got payment.

Should I contact the gift card company? Again, sorry to be such a pain.. It's a LOT of money and I don't want to make any mistakes.

Thanks!!

Diane

41 minutes ago, cruiseagain10 said:

I got the $3,000 in gift cards plus the $50. for each card = $300. I printed them out, so I don't mess up, again!!

BUT: I didn't receive an email confirmation for the $1,000 (2 gift cards), I only received an email for the $2,000 (4 gift cards) The entire $3,000 was charged on my credit card, so they got payment.

Should I contact the gift card company? Again, sorry to be such a pain.. It's a LOT of money and I don't want to make any mistakes.

Thanks!!

Diane

Sometimes there is a delay.  Several have written about needing to call the gift card people to complete CC authorization.  It should work out.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Sometimes there is a delay.  Several have written about needing to call the gift card people to complete CC authorization.  It should work out.

Yes, there was a delay! They ALL came through, now I need to let Princess know... tomorrow.

I'm going to be embarrassed to meet all those who have been following my 'technically challenged' posts about the gift cards! 😁

Thank you all who told me about the gift cards, the bonus cards are REALLY going to help towards paying for this cruise! 👍 I really wish Princess wouldn't charge double for a solo cruiser...

Diane

• Like 4

10 hours ago, cruiseagain10 said:

Princess won't let me do anything once I transfer my booking to a TA.

I've told Princess previously I hate that I can't control my own booking, since it's MY money.

They always tell me the same thing, no matter which Princess agent I've spoken to. It's SO frustrating!😡

Diane

The gift cards are not purchased from your travel agent.  Follow the links above to purchase and then call your TA and have them apply them as payment for your cruise or as obc.  Do it quick!  The offer expires today!

4 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

I haven't seen the option to add them directly on the site.  Where is that?

2 minutes ago, suzyed said:

The gift cards are not purchased from your travel agent.  Follow the links above to purchase and then call your TA and have them apply them as payment for your cruise or as obc.  Do it quick!  The offer expires today!

Yes, I clicked on the link that was given me on this thread, and got the gift cards! 👍

2 hours ago, cruiseagain10 said:

Yes, there was a delay! They ALL came through, now I need to let Princess know... tomorrow.

I'm going to be embarrassed to meet all those who have been following my 'technically challenged' posts about the gift cards! 😁

Thank you all who told me about the gift cards, the bonus cards are REALLY going to help towards paying for this cruise! 👍 I really wish Princess wouldn't charge double for a solo cruiser...

Diane

Don't worry, Diane!  You have come to the right place for the info!  Most of us are happy to help!  And I have have my own trouble with brain farts from time to time.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, suzyed said:

I haven't seen the option to add them directly on the site.  Where is that?

If you booked through a TA, you can't pay directly on the site. This is what it says in the payment section:

To make a payment or check your balance on the booking, contact your travel agent.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Don't worry, Diane!  You have come to the right place for the info!  Most of us are happy to help!  And I have have my own trouble with brain farts from time to time.

It seems a get a lot of those "brain farts" lately!  😆

You do understand  you don’t need to apply the cards until your final payment unless you are using them for the deposit?  Be sure to use your bonus cards first….they expire in may/22. The regular cards never expire, so if somehow you can’t go, you can use them at a later time. 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2021 at 9:43 PM, suzyed said:

Let us know if you find out anything, please.

On 7/10/2021 at 1:54 AM, RSS from SF said:

-----

I later emailed Princess at giftcardsupport@princesscruises.com, with the following below, also including the response from Princess@buyatab.com. 
--  Hopefully we'll get a response next week. . . .

-----

=================================

Subject:  Issue: Princess Gift Card purchase no longer getting double points on Princess Rewards Barclays Card Visa

Hello Princess Gift Card Support,

I purchased Princess Gift Cards two times this week using the link

My first transaction for $2000 posted on this month's Princess Rewards Barclays Card Visa statement and only earned single points (2000 points) instead of double points (4000 points):

Purchase Activity for {my name} card ending {9999}
Transaction Date:   Jul 07
Posting Date:          Jul 08
Description:            Buyatab - Pr 8339073079  604-678-3275 DE
Princess Points:      2,000
Amount:                  $2,000.00

Today I called customer support at both Princess Rewards Barclays Card Visa and Princess@Buyatab.com with this issue, requesting double points on Princess Gift Card purchases: 
  1.  The Princess Rewards Barclays Card Visa Research Team will get back to me within 10 to 15 days.

2.  Princess@Buyatab.com has replied below to contact you at giftcardsupport@princesscruises.com.

NOTES:
  • An acquaintance who purchased gift cards 2 months ago in May 2021, using her Princess Rewards Barclay Card Visa, earned double points  -- with the merchant listed as Princess Cruises.

• I understand new vendor Buyatab has handled Princess gift card purchases as of June 9, 2021.

REQUEST:
Can Princess update new Princess Gift Card purchases charged to the Princess Rewards Barclay Card Visa to earn double points?

Thank you in advance for your assistance in addressing this issue.

-----

---

Reply from Princess at giftcardsupport@princesscruises.com:

From: Gift Card Support (PCL) <giftcardsupport@princesscruises.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2021 10:38 AM
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Issue: Princess Gift Card purchase no longer getting double points on Princess Rewards Barclays Card Visa //Fw: From: Giftcard Support <info@buyatab.com> [Ticket#1071757814]

Good Day Mr. ____________,

Thank you for contacting Gift Card Support.

We are happy to learn you have already contacted Princess Rewards Barclays Card Visa Research Team as this is your contact for Reward Points resolution.

Regards,

Shelley
Gift Card Support
Princess Cruises

. . . .  So now we await the response from the Princess Rewards Barclays Card Visa Research Team.

---

On 7/15/2021 at 2:42 PM, RSS from SF said:

---

Reply from Princess at giftcardsupport@princesscruises.com:

From: Gift Card Support (PCL) <giftcardsupport@princesscruises.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2021 10:38 AM
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Issue: Princess Gift Card purchase no longer getting double points on Princess Rewards Barclays Card Visa //Fw: From: Giftcard Support <info@buyatab.com> [Ticket#1071757814]

Good Day Mr. ____________,

Thank you for contacting Gift Card Support.

We are happy to learn you have already contacted Princess Rewards Barclays Card Visa Research Team as this is your contact for Reward Points resolution.

Regards,

Shelley
Gift Card Support
Princess Cruises

. . . .  So now we await the response from the Princess Rewards Barclays Card Visa Research Team.

---

😳

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, compozer said:

I was going to purchase some a week ago but got too busy.    Is the sale over with??    I don't see any mention of it under gift cards.   Thanks

I think the promo ended July 12.

• Like 1