Now Two Silhouette September 21 Cruises Cancelled

JBare

Received this morning

"Dear Guest,

We are reaching out to provide an update on the status of your 2021 cruise holiday. Celebrity Cruises has been working closely with health and government authorities, in each country we sail from, to outline a clear path for cruising with new health and safety measures. As we thoughtfully plan our return to service, we are evaluating all current itineraries and the status of travel conditions around the world. Regrettably, the situation in many parts of Europe remains uncertain, therefore out of an abundance of caution, we will be canceling two Celebrity Silhouette® sailings to Europe departing 4 September and 18 September 2021.

We sincerely apologise for having to cancel these sailings as we're sure you are eager to enjoy the refreshing experience of traveling once again. Please know that your Celebrity family anxiously awaits the opportunity to show you the world. At this time, we would like to offer you the choice of being re-accommodated on another Celebrity Cruises holiday or to receive a 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) or a 100% Refund. "

Edited by JBare
spelling

• JBare changed the title to Now Two Silhouette September 21 Cruises Cancelled

So sorry your cruise has been cancelled.

Presumably these cruises will be replaced with more staycations....Do you know if you will get priority options to rebook one of these or if it is simply down to you to look on line?

We’ve had the email, I have to say I’m not surprised at all, ours was calling at 5 different European countries with probably 5 different sets of Covid regulations, I’m glad we’ve been notified before PIF day,  our email didn’t mention what May replace these cruises 

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

So sorry your cruise has been cancelled.

Presumably these cruises will be replaced with more staycations....Do you know if you will get priority options to rebook one of these or if it is simply down to you to look on line?

No not yet, this was the rest of the email with options.

From now through 14 July, if you are a fully vaccinated resident of the UK, you may reschedule your holiday for one of the new UK cruises aboard Celebrity Silhouette out of Southampton. You also have the option of keeping your cruise holiday plans to Europe and rescheduling for next year on a date within four weeks of your originally scheduled departure, by Lifting and Shifting your current reservation to a Celebrity Silhouette sailing departing in 2022, to a variety of European destinations including Iceland and Ireland, Spain and France, as well as the Canary Islands, Spain and Portugal. Just contact us or your travel partner for details and your reservation will be shifted at the same daily rate including any promotion you currently have on the booking. Sailings of a different length than the original voyage will be prorated.

If you are unable to rebook by 14 July, you will automatically receive a 125% FCC valid for use by 30 April 2022 on sailings departing on or before 30 September 2022. The value of the FCC will be calculated based on the amounts paid toward your cruise and will be processed by 13 August 2021 via email. Cruise taxes and fees will be refunded separately to your original form of payment within 30 days of cancellation. No action is required on your part to receive this FCC.

If you prefer a 100% refund to your original method of payment, as opposed to the FCC, you may contact us anytime up until 31 July 2021. To avoid waiting on the phone to cancel, please contact your travel partner or click here and we will get the process started for you. You can expect to receive a refund within at least 30 days after you submit your request.

53 minutes ago, JBare said:

No not yet, this was the rest of the email with options.

From now through 14 July, if you are a fully vaccinated resident of the UK, you may reschedule your holiday for one of the new UK cruises aboard Celebrity Silhouette out of Southampton. You also have the option of keeping your cruise holiday plans to Europe and rescheduling for next year on a date within four weeks of your originally scheduled departure, by Lifting and Shifting your current reservation to a Celebrity Silhouette sailing departing in 2022, to a variety of European destinations including Iceland and Ireland, Spain and France, as well as the Canary Islands, Spain and Portugal. Just contact us or your travel partner for details and your reservation will be shifted at the same daily rate including any promotion you currently have on the booking. Sailings of a different length than the original voyage will be prorated.

If you are unable to rebook by 14 July, you will automatically receive a 125% FCC valid for use by 30 April 2022 on sailings departing on or before 30 September 2022. The value of the FCC will be calculated based on the amounts paid toward your cruise and will be processed by 13 August 2021 via email. Cruise taxes and fees will be refunded separately to your original form of payment within 30 days of cancellation. No action is required on your part to receive this FCC.

If you prefer a 100% refund to your original method of payment, as opposed to the FCC, you may contact us anytime up until 31 July 2021. To avoid waiting on the phone to cancel, please contact your travel partner or click here and we will get the process started for you. You can expect to receive a refund within at least 30 days after you submit your request.

Sincere thanks, that was exactly the information I was looking for...

Edited by chemmo

That's a shame. I had planned to transfer a September Med. Reflection cruise to a September Silhouette cruise. Glad I did not and used the deposit for a Norwegian cruise.

Sailing around the UK does not appeal. Think I will save that for when I am significantly older. I have difficulty imagining that the cruiselines can fill numerous cruise ships with keen Brits through end September.

Do I read correct you have to use the125% FCC by end September 2022. By May 2023 would have been more generous.

1 hour ago, hawkesbaynz said:

That's a shame. I had planned to transfer a September Med. Reflection cruise to a September Silhouette cruise. Glad I did not and used the deposit for a Norwegian cruise.

Sailing around the UK does not appeal. Think I will save that for when I am significantly older. I have difficulty imagining that the cruiselines can fill numerous cruise ships with keen Brits through end September.

Do I read correct you have to use the125% FCC by end September 2022. By May 2023 would have been more generous.

It's even worse you have to use the FCC by 30th April 2022 for a sailing no later than 30th September 2022. Not amused we had received 3 reminders to pay for this cruise over the last few weeks 

• Like 2

It’s really annoying when they deny knowing what is happening to the ship during September and then this afternoon publish this. They could have at least offered this to us. I have spent half a day rebooking onto a nearly full U.K. sailing, rearranging holiday and cover only

to realise I could have stayed on the same ship for the same dates and duration.  It’s infuriating! 

B3D6BE02-2E42-4D4C-AAAD-CCCD05F26755.jpeg

24 minutes ago, iandjm said:

It’s really annoying when they deny knowing what is happening to the ship during September and then this afternoon publish this. They could have at least offered this to us. I have spent half a day rebooking onto a nearly full U.K. sailing, rearranging holiday and cover only

to realise I could have stayed on the same ship for the same dates and duration.  It’s infuriating! 

B3D6BE02-2E42-4D4C-AAAD-CCCD05F26755.jpeg

Where did you see this new itinerary?

40 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Where did you see this new itinerary?

They're on the Celebrity web site under new September cruises,  just appeared and we have until 14th July to book before generally open to others apparently.

new.jpg

9 minutes ago, JBare said:

They're on the Celebrity web site under new September cruises,  just appeared and we have until 14th July to book before generally open to others apparently.

new.jpg

Thanks, it is fair that those with cancelled cruises get the first options...

1 hour ago, clivey said:

We’re on the September 27th sailing to the Canary Islands. Wonder if it will get canceled next!

You and me both. At this point one wonders Is it a question of if or when ?   

We were originally booked on September 4 cruise. We cancelled this last month and didn’t want to pay the balance. We suspected that the cruise would cancelled and decided to “jump ship”. We had previously booked this whilst on board and deposit and OBC has been transferred to our rebooked cruise for August 2022. As we opted to cancel, we are paying the current fare. We are in effect getting a 12 day cruise for the price of a14 day cruise.

24 minutes ago, JBare said:

new.jpg

Are these for UK guests only?

10 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Thanks, it is fair that those with cancelled cruises get the first options...

One or two steps closer to the likelihood of your earlier, prescient post of the 27 September cruise morphing into a UK only cruise coming to pass.  Off to double check if for UK residents only.

27 minutes ago, JBare said:

new.jpg

18th is the best itinerary as it avoids Dover which is a horrible place.

11 minutes ago, BigAl94 said:

Are these for UK guests only?

Celebrity email said

From now through 14 July, if you are a fully vaccinated resident of the UK, you may reschedule your holiday for one of the new UK cruises aboard Celebrity Silhouette out of Southampton.

I cannot find these cruises. I am so sad as my TA tried to make final payment today and celebrity refused to take it as they were planning to cancel cruise. Did not think it would go as advertised but hoped it might have changed to the Canaries but with our current covid infection rate I guess they do not want us.

We cancelled the Sept 4 cruise in May.  We thought it too early to be safe.  I tried to get them to extend the FCC to include Oct 2022.  Nope.  So we opted for the cash and we have already received it.  So sorry everyone.  It's a bummer isn't it?  Since then, we have had 2 more cruises cancelled.  Almost makes you afraid to book anything.

7 hours ago, JBare said:

new.jpg

Except when I called celebrity to find out what was replacing my cancelled cruise on 18 September they knew nothing about these. Totally uncoordinated shoreside yet again. I then rebooked for late August fearing the other U.K. cruises would be sold out before Celebrity worked out what they were doing. 5 hours later the new sailings appeared. 🤬