I am so confused...

2 hours ago, MrMarc said:

Thank you both for trying!  I'm afraid to say more for fear of starting a "discussion."  But some of us really appreciate expert confirmation.

Anonymous experts on a cruise forum, how we can validate their credentials?

Yeah, that is exactly the kind of confirmation the world has been waiting for.😆

Not saying I disagree with their posts, but really people we need to KNOW things, not feel like our feelings are confirmed.  

Just sayin…..

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

I don't believe there is any documented case of a vaccinated person spreading covid to another person

I so wanna believe this, but can you prove this?  I don’t think any of us know.  Including the CDC.  I know people in the real world who were vaccinated and have contracted Covid19 in the last couple of weeks.  Are they contagious?  Heck if I or you know.  

Because of the tribal views on vaccinations, truth and science fled the seen at least a year ago, and they have gone into hiding.

Just now, xpcdoojk said:

I so wanna believe this, but can you prove this?  I don’t think any of us know.  Including the CDC.  I know people in the real world who were vaccinated and have contracted Covid19 in the last couple of weeks.  Are they contagious?  Heck if I or you know.  

Because of the tribal views on vaccinations, truth and science fled the seen at least a year ago, and they have gone into hiding.

I can't prove a negative.

But it's the kind of thing that if it happened, it'd be front page news.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

The really silly thing is even if vaccinated, you can still catch and be an active carrier of Covid, before and while on board.  You could even be asymptomatic, but yet zero testing is required if you are "vaccinated"....  yet be just as contagious as the unvaccinated.

That’s wrong info. Yes a vaccinated person can still catch the virus, but they are no where near as contagious as an unvaccinated person. What do you think the vaccines were for? 

• Like 1

Just now, smokeybandit said:

I can't prove a negative.

But it's the kind of thing that if it happened, it'd be front page news.

you would think but when did CNN start reporting news or The NY Times those are just opinion sources.  I mean do you think the press of 2021 is actually sitting with the scientists at NIH or CDC or even the local hospital waiting to discover some breaking news?  I think they wait for their emails to get filled with press releases from the shills in the communication department.  If it is bad to their beliefs, I don’t think they will report anything.  Long gone are the days of truth to power in reporting.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Not saying I disagree with their posts, but really people we need to KNOW things, not feel like our feelings are confirmed.  

Just sayin…..

Yes.  Trust no one.  Everyone is out to trick us into believing something bad is happening and that there is actually a way to stop it.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Just sayin…..

Honestly I believe them because their opinions match all of the reputable reports I have been able to find, and the fact that based on my research into how this vaccine physically works, common sense made me think this long before any study confirmed it.  It seemed to me that a vaccinated person might be able to have some viral reproduction, but would not be able to build up enough virus to shed it.  So if someone disagrees and says I am only agreeing because it fits with the narrative I already believe, I couldn't deny that.   It's kind of a catch 22.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

The really silly thing is even if vaccinated, you can still catch and be an active carrier of Covid, before and while on board.  You could even be asymptomatic, but yet zero testing is required if you are "vaccinated"....  yet be just as contagious as the unvaccinated.

No, you are not "just as contagious as the unvaccinated."  It is unfortunate that anxiety inducing misinformation like this continues to be spread.

There is  good reason that the CDC declared that people who are vaccinated can resume their pre-Covid activities, maskless, without distancing requirements.

22 hours ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

I am not a microbiologist, and didn't even stay in a Holiday Inn, but my point was not that simply getting the vaccine can cause it to spread (which I agree it can't), but a "subsequent" infection or "breakthrough" infection would act the same as an initial infection.  Are you saying that a subsequent infection, either getting it a second time (with no vaccine) or a first time after vaccine (breakthrough), is no longer transmissible to a 3rd party?  If so, then my point that a vaccinated person, that has an asymptomatic breakthrough infection shortly before or during the cruise, would not be possible to spread if a second infection is no longer transmissible would truly be wonderful news.  But, if a second/subsequent infection is transmissible, then the cruise line is not even testing vaccinated people for that possibility.

The covid tests do not test for whether you have live and transmissible virus, they just detect some of the proteins on the virus. So a vaccinated person can inhale a nice wad of of covid virus from an infected person, promptly have their anti-bodies kill it all, and then test positive due to the dead virus. And the dead virus particles can hang out in your nose for quite a while (my wife popped covid positive for almost 7 weeks post symptomatic, back when they required a negative test to return to work). So testing an asymptomatic vaccinated person does not really tell you anything, and the odds of a false positive for active infection skyrocket. A true breakthrough case would most likely be symptomatic, and these breakthroughs are most likely due to the vaccinated person not really producing the required immune response (hence the 95% effectiveness). This is more common in the elderly who have less robust immune systems. The older you get the slower you produce new cells, and you often have less fully functioning cells. I'm just a biologist, so anyone with more knowledge feel free to correct anything wrong here. I'm off to book a Holiday Inn.....

• Like 4