Carnival stock

firefly333

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Lol I'm up $2 a share on rcl. Bought at 77.57. Not the low ... but now it's over 79.50, almost back to even.

Cruise stocks being traded. Buy at open and sell a hour later, rinse and repeat tomorrow. 

Now I dont need to worry about rcl for obc by dec booking.

Anything extra is based on market direction now.

RCCL over $80 now.

1 hour ago, pc_load_letter said:

Some sectors of the economy surely will. Others, like travel, is exploding. Hotel stocks are through the roof.

But if food and gas prices keep going up, I would forsee cruise prices to increase. But I am no global economist so I could be wrong.

I can see some increases in food prices getting passed along.  Probably at specialty restaurants first.  Then some reduction in types of foods offered elsewhere.  going to take oil going over $100 pb and staying there  or higher a while before fuel surcharges will kick in. You'll see it in airfare first.

And the new LNG ships would have to see natural gas supply really drop--no more burn-off at wells--before costs get out of sight. 

11 hours ago, soremekun said:

I wish I had bought when it was around $10!

You are not the only one. If it goes to below $20 I will buy a little more. Bought 100 shares at $19 a few months ago to be able to get the shareholder benefit. Not a financially healthy company that inspires me to go "all in" by any means. Enjoy cruising on their ships thougfh.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, firefly333 said:

DIS is probably safer than ccl. It has the streaming and income from the parks. Streaming doing well.

Ccl scary. Waiting to see if this sell off is just a one day sell off. 

Travel stocks down overall on new variable hurting travel scare. I sure hope carnival has no cases onboard. News media just waiting. People dont want to go back to work, they signing a petition to get another stimulus and stay home. People not wanting to work could hurt fragile recovery.

Watching ccl today. I'm not trading either. Want to see tomorrow.

I agree dis much safer. Kust spent 4 days at the grand Floridaian , while some very large high end hotels are closed For refurb ,  annual passes still not available , reservations still needed parks the place is jumping, people smiling. , no

masks , social distancing (except on transportation) . Peopple are spending  a ton of money and doing it with smiles.

Commom issue i heard was the lack of staff , cocktails service by the pool was almost non exsistent . Bev manager daid it should come back by sept as some stipends people

been getting run out .

matching the reaorts , thier demand  with streaming dis is a good bet .. 

5 minutes ago, bitemyfly said:

I agree dis much safer. Kust spent 4 days at the grand Floridaian , while some very large high end hotels are closed For refurb ,  annual passes still not available , reservations still needed parks the place is jumping, people smiling. , no

masks , social distancing (except on transportation) . Peopple are spending  a ton of money and doing it with smiles.

Commom issue i heard was the lack of staff , cocktails service by the pool was almost non exsistent . Bev manager daid it should come back by sept as some stipends people

been getting run out .

matching the reaorts , thier demand  with streaming dis is a good bet .. 

Yea they have other revenue unlike ccl or rcl.

I dont like how the market is acting this week. Sells way down, people buy the dip, the next day its lower. Ccl dropped every day this week, bad chart. Until it finds support cant tell when the sell off is done. People keep buying the dips, market needs to just wash out the weak hands. Like it did when ccl etc sold off early 2020, just not as far down this time. Too many are buying the dips right now.

They keep saying those folks with extra unemployment will go back to work in sept. .. lol I think they like staying home. And will they want restaurant type food jobs? That's why I just bought 100 shares. I think the market is going to sell off, cant always go up. It's been going up faster than earnings.

4 days market and ccl sold off, let's see tomorrow. Futures down tonight. 

• Like 1

I have a happier portfolio now. I bought large blocks of CCL, RCL, Delta and Chevron near their low points last year and it has paid off.  Just remember it's only numbers on paper until you sell.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MMastell said:

I have a happier portfolio now. I bought large blocks of CCL, RCL, Delta and Chevron near their low points last year and it has paid off.  Just remember it's only numbers on paper until you sell.

I got 100 of rcl yesterday. And it bounced. Hey works for me and I got 100 obc on my upcoming rcl cruises. Cruise stock is more than numbers on paper. Its obc, money in my pocket. A,so had ccl.

• Like 1