Problems paying cruise balance on p&o

LLOM

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

I dont let any company I use my credit card for purchases keep my credit card details. I was advised to do that by my bank manager and dont trust any company to be safe enough to have their customers details hacked. 

I'm the same when it comes to my bank account no one gets to keep the card details

but when it comes to payments such as council tax., and Cruise payments I allow via my 

credit card  for deposit and final payment . The good thing is the cc company send me a 

text message before payment anyhow for me to OK payment  . Once onboard a cruise they

ask for a payment card again so they only keep the card details for final cruise payment.

I can think of a lot worse ways to pay but each to their own methods we are happy with .

• Like 1

I thought I had a problem being hacked so went to my local bank branch (those were the days lol) and the bank representative checked my account and everything seemed to be OK. His advice for the future was never pay for anything online unless itis with a credit card, not even a debit card, and if they ask if they can store your credit card to make future purchases easier and quicker always decline.

Getting worried about this. After getting the natwest verification request with the wrong phone number I checked my natwest credit card account and no money is pending. I also made sure my mobile number on P&O was the correct one. Just tried to pay again but yet again the natwest verification pop up had the wrong mobile number. Some thing is seriously wrong somewhere. Maybe that Natwest verification pop up is a scam? but how can it be, it pops up from the P&O online payment page and has the htpps address.

there is a helpline number listed and I checked it out but some say it may be a scam and others say it is natwest

Can you pay P&O via a phone call?, I know there phone lines are not manned on sundays

I have a really bad feeling about this 😟

3 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Getting worried about this. After getting the natwest verification request with the wrong phone number I checked my natwest credit card account and no money is pending. I also made sure my mobile number on P&O was the correct one. Just tried to pay again but yet again the natwest verification pop up had the wrong mobile number. Some thing is seriously wrong somewhere. Maybe that Natwest verification pop up is a scam? but how can it be, it pops up from the P&O online payment page and has the htpps address.

there is a helpline number listed and I checked it out but some say it may be a scam and others say it is natwest

Can you pay P&O via a phone call?, I know there phone lines are not manned on sundays

I have a really bad feeling about this 😟

We always pay by phone.Perhaps you could phone your bank and talk it over with them.The fraud line are usually there during the night and they may be able to reassure you

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ann141 said:

We always pay by phone.Perhaps you could phone your bank and talk it over with them.The fraud line are usually there during the night and they may be able to reassure you

Thanks I will be phoning the bank

May i ask what number you use to pay P&O as their web page does not seem to have this option

Just now, davecttr said:

May i ask what number you use to pay P&O as their web page does not seem to have this option

Its a while since we booked a P and O cruise but I think we probably just phone the freephone number 08000523840 and choose the pay balance option.I prefer to pay it that way in case the computer crashes!!They also confirm that the payment has gone through once credit card details are given

6 minutes ago, davecttr said:

All these people complaining about problems with P&Os reluctance to take your money, I seem to remember it used to be problems about their reluctance to pay your refunds, some people are never satisfied.😆😉😇

11 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

All these people complaining about problems with P&Os reluctance to take your money, I seem to remember it used to be problems about their reluctance to pay your refunds, some people are never satisfied.😆😉😇

I know you are trying to be funny,  but just adding a few emojis doesn't help someone who is in trouble.

• Like 1

Finally got through this morning after 45 minutes wait, the lady first of all said our booking  had been cancelled  because the deposit had not been paid, l explained that they had used our FFC as the deposit and I was given the the remaining amount outstanding which was what I was trying to pay, apparently our FFC was not available to till the 1st September , and it seems this is what has caused the problem.but she assured me it would all be ok and we do not owe any more money. I received a confirmation email of the amount paid this morning and now it says the remaining £295 (which was the deposit) has to be paid by 11 th July (yesterday) really can’t face hours again on the phone just yet so I just hope it is just a paperwork error.

19 minutes ago, LLOM said:

Finally got through this morning after 45 minutes wait, the lady first of all said our booking  had been cancelled  because the deposit had not been paid, l explained that they had used our FFC as the deposit and I was given the the remaining amount outstanding which was what I was trying to pay, apparently our FFC was not available to till the 1st September , and it seems this is what has caused the problem.but she assured me it would all be ok and we do not owe any more money. I received a confirmation email of the amount paid this morning and now it says the remaining £295 (which was the deposit) has to be paid by 11 th July (yesterday) really can’t face hours again on the phone just yet so I just hope it is just a paperwork error.

Your all paid up ? sounds a right mess  up .

Edited by kalos

I tried the freephone number this morning and after the initial greeting the line went quiet, very quiet. After 10 minutes or so I gave up and tried the helpline. Got a human response after exactly 45 minutes of music etc. Funny that they said the wait would be at least 45 minutes. Anyway paid the balance by credit card without any problem and it is the easiest way to pay. I received the booking confirmation email and checking my bank showed the amount is now pending on my credit card . I reckon all the problems were down to P&O's IT system.

• Like 3