Cancelling cruise after final payment and refund

kicia

Has anyone cancelled a fully paid cruise for August and gotten a refund?  I am interested in September, October, and November, but I know that the protocols are not out for those yet.  If you were booked and paid for an August cruise but are not vaccinated and can't go, did you get a refund wen you cancelled?  Carnival's cancellation policy only states that if you could not get to the ship because of a government shutdown, you would get a refund.  It further states that there would be no refund in all other cases.  It does look like refunds would be given if the cruise was cancelled during the declared emergency.  My September cruise is fully paid.  My October cruise only has a deposit because I pushed the final out until August.  I was told that if I cancelled before the new final date, I would lose my deposit.  If I cancelled after making final on August 4, I  would lose everything.  I was also told (by several Carnival people) that no exceptions were being made for COVID.  

We really want to cruise but will have to cancel if vaccinations are required, or if the protocols are too stringent for unvaccinated guests.   I just wondered what the actual outcome was for those that did cancel after final payment.  I can't  make a decision about my three cruises this year until we find out what the restrictions, if any, will be.

Thank you and happy sailing!

1 hour ago, kicia said:

Has anyone cancelled a fully paid cruise for August and gotten a refund?  I am interested in September, October, and November, but I know that the protocols are not out for those yet.  If you were booked and paid for an August cruise but are not vaccinated and can't go, did you get a refund wen you cancelled?  Carnival's cancellation policy only states that if you could not get to the ship because of a government shutdown, you would get a refund.  It further states that there would be no refund in all other cases.  It does look like refunds would be given if the cruise was cancelled during the declared emergency.  My September cruise is fully paid.  My October cruise only has a deposit because I pushed the final out until August.  I was told that if I cancelled before the new final date, I would lose my deposit.  If I cancelled after making final on August 4, I  would lose everything.  I was also told (by several Carnival people) that no exceptions were being made for COVID.  

We really want to cruise but will have to cancel if vaccinations are required, or if the protocols are too stringent for unvaccinated guests.   I just wondered what the actual outcome was for those that did cancel after final payment.  I can't  make a decision about my three cruises this year until we find out what the restrictions, if any, will be.

Thank you and happy sailing!

Protocols will not change until next year

You will need to get vaccinated or wait

until spring of 2022  Maybe

Cruise Lines have to be very careful to insure they can begin to recoup the billions of dollars they have lost in the 

last 15 months 

This Pandemic is not over

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, joe/jack said:

Protocols will not change until next year

You will need to get vaccinated or wait

until spring of 2022  Maybe

Cruise Lines have to be very careful to insure they can begin to recoup the billions of dollars they have lost in the 

last 15 months 

This Pandemic is not over

Has that been stated by Carnival (all Vax this year)?

We're both good to go (and doing so in four short weeks!), but some of my staff are of the "anti" vax mindset, and we have our office cruise planned on the Liberty in early December. This might save me some serious coin!  lol (really, I'd rather they be able to go. But REALLY, I'd rather that they were all vaccinated)!!

Tom

7 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

We're both good to go (and doing so in four short weeks!), but some of my staff are of the "anti" vax mindset, and we have our office cruise planned on the Liberty in early December. This might save me some serious coin!  lol (really, I'd rather they be able to go. But REALLY, I'd rather that they were all vaccinated)!!

Tom

Dec is after cso expires so things could change. On the other hand winter is flu season and covid could get worse like last winter, no one knows. 

I saw a post the exemptions going to under age 12, but by dec the over age 2 could be approved to be vaccinated.  I can see how you would be worried if you booked unvaccinated adults. Things seem to be tightening not loosening, like out of florida insurance required and pax to pay $150 per test. I wouldnt want that on my shoulders in your place, if someone did get covid onboard of your group, dropped off at next port and you have to arrange their flight home when they are testing sick. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Tom

no, they haven't said that.. and they have even said that cruisers that haven't been vaxxed will have to have insurance starting july 31st.. i'm not sure where he heard that

6 minutes ago, mpacker said:

no, they haven't said that.. and they have even said that cruisers that haven't been vaxxed will have to have insurance starting july 31st.. i'm not sure where he heard that

You can find it on Carnival.com under health protocols

it is for Florida cruises

TRAVEL INSURANCE REQUIREMENT FOR UNVACCINATED GUESTS – FLORIDA-BASED SHIPS

As a condition for sailing, unvaccinated guests are required to purchase travel insurance for cruises leaving from Florida homeports, effective with sailings departing July 31, 2021. Currently, we will waive this requirement for children under the age of 12 who are ineligible for vaccines. Each unvaccinated guest must provide proof of a valid travel insurance policy at the time of check-in that has a minimum of US$10,000, per person, in medical expense coverage and US$30,000 coverage for emergency medical evacuation and without COVID-19 exclusions. The insurance policy must name the unvaccinated guest as the policy holder or beneficiary and may be purchased from a travel insurance company of the guest’s choosing or through Carnival Vacation Protection, which includes the required coverage. Please note Carnival Vacation Protection is available for purchase until 14 days prior to sailing for guests residing in the U.S. (excluding New York and Puerto Rico), Canada (excluding Quebec), U.S. Virgin Islands (excluding St. Thomas, St. John and St. Croix) and American Samoa. Should you wish to purchase Carnival Vacation Protection, please call 1-800-CARNIVAL, your Personal Vacation Planner or your travel advisor. Guests without the required proof of insurance will not be permitted to sail and no refund will be provided.

So far these are the sailings that will be operating as vaccinated guests only.  IF one of those August sailings is yours and you are not vaccinated you will probably be allowed to cancel but you need to call Carnival for a definitive answer because no one hear would be able to give you one with the way things are changing so fast.

CARNIVAL PLANS TO OPERATE THE FOLLOWING SAILINGS WITH VACCINATED GUESTS:

We will be providing more details directly to guests on guidelines and protocols.

• Carnival Vista® from Galveston starting July 3, 2021
  • Carnival Horizon® from Miami starting July 4, 2021
  • Carnival Breeze® from Galveston starting July 15, 2021
  • Carnival Miracle® from Seattle; July 27 through September 14, 2021
  • Mardi Gras™ from Port Canaveral starting July 31, 2021
  • Carnival Magic® from Port Canaveral starting August 7, 2021
  • Carnival Sunrise® from Miami starting August 14, 2021
  • Carnival Panorama® from Long Beach starting August 21, 2021

Thanks for the info - I think.  No one has addressed my question of getting a refund, or FCC, on a fully paid cruise that I would cancel if vaccinations are required.

So, has anyone that had a fully paid cruise for July or August and cancelled because of the protocols, gotten a refund?

Our cruises are in September, October, and November.

Thank you!

Edited by kicia

32 minutes ago, kicia said:

Thanks for the info - I think.  No one has addressed my question of getting a refund, or FCC, on a fully paid cruise that I would cancel if vaccinations are required.

So, has anyone that had a fully paid cruise for July or August and cancelled because of the protocols, gotten a refund?

Thank you!

Deleted my response as it appears not to fit your situation.

Edited by Luckysll