Rose Hall In Jamaica

Has anyone done the excursion in Jamaica where they go to Rose hall and then the mall that is near there? I was thinking about doing this when coming to MB in september. I'm not much of a beach person, and have already been to the falls and thought that this one would be good for someone whom loves to see the history of a place. If there are other good history places please let me know!

I've read about it. Does carnival go there? 

I did a combo last time of the falls and green caves. Was only a little more $ to do two things. Green caves has the cavern down below with lots of steps down where a 007 was filmed. There are many places in jamaica where it was filmed but this was one. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I've read about it. Does carnival go there? 

I did a combo last time of the falls and green caves. Was only a little more $ to do two things. Green caves has the cavern down below with lots of steps down where a 007 was filmed. There are many places in jamaica where it was filmed but this was one. 

Yes, they do! When i was looking at excursions on carnivals site it caught my eye and wondered if it was a good one, there are some good reviews but i like to get a wider view.

• Thanks 1

My wife and I took this excursion a few years ago.

The Rum Punch at 9:00 in the morning is a great wake up call.

Historically accurate? That's debatable but my wife does enjoy ghost tours.

My personal opinion,,, go if there is nothing else you want to do.

We booked this tour through Royal when we took our first Royal cruise in June 2019. I don't know if Carnival offers the same tour because we never went to a Jamaican port during our past 7 Carnival cruises (no reason to look.)

I booked the tour because hubby and I aren't avid beach bums and I was looking to do something different.

The tour started out with a narrated tour of the area in the minivan (there were only 8-10 of us) and then when we arrived at Rose Hall, the manager of the place took over. The narration was dramatic, lurid and rather horrifying, referring to the discussion of the White Witch's cruelty. After the tour, I looked up the story on the web and most of the sites seemed to debunk the whole story, but, it was entertaining to watch. At the end of the tour, we stood around the White Witch's tomb while the manager sang a song (originallly penned and sung by Johnny Cash, who owned a nearby plantation, Cinnamon Hill, which is not open for tours.) 

After the tour of Rose Hall, we did go to a mostly-empty shopping center. I thought that I struck a bargain when I bought some t-shirts on sale. Turns out, the first time that I washed hubby's and my t-shirts, they shrunk like crazy. Nope, not buying those cheapie shirts anymore.

After shopping, the minivan driver and our tour guide offered to drive us to go somewhere to eat, and we all were eager to try some Jamaican food. We all ate at Scotchie's, a local restaurant.  I really enjoyed the pork jerky, rice and beans.  The prices were reasonable and  were  posted in Jamaican currency. 

While I wouldn't necessarily need to return to Rose Hall or the shopping center, I would jump at the chance to revisit, and enjoy, more of the yummy food at Scotchie's!

Edited by sushitex