VIFP Benefits Onboard?

lazydayz

I know someone posted this but can’t find it now.  We are on the Horizon and of course nothing in our room.

I remember we are supposed to order the Strawberry Delight from room service, and pick up our pins from the photo place.  

can someone please post that link?  Thanks 

• Thanks 1

For those who have cruised this year…

Are they enforcing the assigned check-in times? It’s all well and good to select an early check in time, but one YouTuber I saw who was on Horizon claimed that a lot of people came early, before their time, and were not turned away; which led to 2 hour long lines.

I hope they get this right! Otherwise, it’s unfair to those of us who show up during our correct time.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, EdmundXXIII said:

For those who have cruised this year…

Are they enforcing the assigned check-in times? It’s all well and good to select an early check in time, but one YouTuber I saw who was on Horizon claimed that a lot of people came early, before their time, and were not turned away; which led to 2 hour long lines.

I hope they get this right! Otherwise, it’s unfair to those of us who show up during our correct time.

They may have been Suite/Diamond/Platinum. If they werent S/D/P or part of their group how did anyone else know they came too early?

19 minutes ago, sailingships said:

They may have been Suite/Diamond/Platinum. If they werent S/D/P or part of their group how did anyone else know they came too early?

Currently, being Diamond/Platinum is irrelevant.  They shouldn't be allowed to enter if not their assigned time. Currently, everyone has to pick a time and should be arriving at that time.  I agree it isn't right that they allow people to come in if it is not their time, and force everyone to suffer long lines.

PS:  And I am Diamond, and would not expect special treatment and arrive early.

1 hour ago, wemjam said:

PS:  And I am Diamond, and would not expect special treatment and arrive early.

Agreed - and those Platinum and Diamond guests, should they prefer an early time (we do!), at least have the benefit of choosing their times two days earlier than those not yet at that tier level.

Tom

• Like 2

It is hard for me to pick a time because I come by chartered bus and there are times it gets there earlier than other times. Hopefully by my cruise in Oct 2022 they will let platinum board when they get there.

Laura

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2021 at 6:38 PM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Agreed - and those Platinum and Diamond guests, should they prefer an early time (we do!), at least have the benefit of choosing their times two days earlier than those not yet at that tier level.

Tom

My August cruise will be my first at Platinum... any idea how the benefit of choosing the check-in time early works? Currently in my cruise manager, it just says that online check-in is available on Aug. 1, which is 14 days prior to sailing.

30 minutes ago, EdmundXXIII said:

My August cruise will be my first at Platinum... any idea how the benefit of choosing the check-in time early works? Currently in my cruise manager, it just says that online check-in is available on Aug. 1, which is 14 days prior to sailing.

So, I'm guessing that you'll hit the Platinum level during the cruise? I would have thought that they'd extend the early check-in times for you, but apparently that's not the case. Someone else will have to chime in as to the timing of those benefits (and you could always call and inquire - assuming you reach someone that is in the know)!

Tom

1 minute ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

So, I'm guessing that you'll hit the Platinum level during the cruise? I would have thought that they'd extend the early check-in times for you, but apparently that's not the case. Someone else will have to chime in as to the timing of those benefits (and you could always call and inquire - assuming you reach someone that is in the know)!

Tom

Thanks!

I thought about calling, but given the long hold times, it's not that important.

In the past, they've usually given VIFP benefits on the cruise on which you attain a particular level. Not that they HAVE to do that. It's their club. Just curious if anyone has had experience with this since cruises resumed post-COVID.

We were on the Breeze last week and there were two lines just before you entered the terminal (I wish I'd taken a picture) I can't remember exactly what they said, but basically one was for on-time appointments with all online docs completed/vaccinated and the other was for people arriving outside their appointment time/didn't have all docs completed.  

I had completed our online check-in as early as possible and our appointment time was 10:30.  We arrived on time, and walked right through.  Although they did ask to see our boarding pass as we approached the terminal, I did not see them turning anybody away.

Aside form the facial recognition checkpoint, I don't think anything was much different than before.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EdmundXXIII said:

Apparently the backend fix the IT department did to open up the check-in at 16 days prior for Platinum & Diamond is not able to handle the passengers who will change their status from Gold to Platinum on the cruise. Some others in the same situation have had success in calling Carnival, asking to speak to a supervisor, and having their status changed manually in the system, to trigger the correct 16 day window. If you have a PVP,  you could email them and ask that they try and take care of it for you, or you could call yourself. 

• Thanks 1