NCL Thermal Spa - Unisex?

2 hours ago, greatestvalue said:

Am I correct in thinking the Thermal Spa on NCL Bliss is unisex?  I would not want to buy passes and then not be able to spend that time with my husband. 

Yes, the entire Thermal Suite is co-ed. The women's and men's locker rooms only have toilets, showers, and a changing areas,,, no spa facilities. 

image.png.4d37ec694066e1cf942fc7b5a98bef09.png

image.png.b5569df8270b1578d83c7a3e4d0b0e0e.png

image.png.2ca8ecda967b087820abe18060cb50d9.png

image.png.7744b7c7819a84877f9ce0daedc19ca6.png

image.png.63c9e5e3f011d2b97d70e86028fb863c.png

image.png.f60ad1e4ad3a6ab242227fce59f1f282.png

44 minutes ago, ClevelandCruisin said:

On the Pearl they had seperate areas for men and women,  then a main joint area.

Correct.  If I'm not mistaken, only the Jewell-class ships have some separate wet area facilities (sauna, steam, whirlpool) in each of the locker rooms.  The heated loungers, however, are in a joint unisex area.

20 minutes ago, trivimp said:

I seem to remember that there are dry sauna & steam room facilities inside the single-sex area on the Bliss?? I may be conflating it with another ship. 

I would like to ask the same question of the Getaway

26 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

Definitely together on the Breakaway..had a guy get way too close in an otherwise empty sauna, so I remember that, lol.  I believe they are identical.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

Getaway and Breakaway definitely have shared / coed saunas, pools, steam rooms, etc. in the spa.

12 hours ago, MichiganBound said:

Correct.  If I'm not mistaken, only the Jewell-class ships have some separate wet area facilities (sauna, steam, whirlpool) in each of the locker rooms.  The heated loungers, however, are in a joint unisex area.

That's my understanding for the Jade. We'll see for sure in 13 days.

Edited by Jamesatgsu

22 minutes ago, Jamesatgsu said:

That's my understanding for the Jade. We'll see for sure in 13 days.

It's the case for Jewell, Jade, Gem, & Pearl.  One ship I did not mention in my prior post was the Spirit.  I think they may have gone with mostly separate Thermal Suite facilities when she was remodeled the last time around.  Can someone confirm or reject if they know?

2 hours ago, victory2020 said:

Ok, no free steam rooms in the locker area?

Nope, it is all shared on the Getaway/Breakaway/Escape/Bliss/Encore.

On the Jewel/Jade/Gem/Pearl/Dawn/Star, the sauna and steam room are in the respective locker rooms with heated loungers, hot tub, etc in the shared area (this is a paid area which is usually about $150 for the week if I remember correctly).

On the Jewel/Jade/Gem/Pearl there is a free steam room in the locker room off the gym. On the Sun and Sky, there is a free steam room and sauna right outside of the spa I believe. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, natefish95 said:

On the Jewel/Jade/Gem/Pearl there is a free steam room in the locker room off the gym. On the Sun and Sky, there is a free steam room and sauna right outside of the spa I believe. 

I see the steam room on the Jade deck plan but how do you access it?  

4 hours ago, Rob-Bob said:

I see the steam room on the Jade deck plan but how do you access it?  

For the free one, enter the gym on Deck 12, and the locker rooms are on the right. In the locker room, it's tucked around the corner, but I'm sure you can find it once in the locker room lol. It's pretty small but room for maybe about 4 people comfortably? 

I highly recommend taking the spa tour on day 1. That tour influenced me to book the thermal suite. Worth the price. Always nice, quiet and relaxing, and a great way to meet people if you're traveling solo (like I usually am). 

• Like 1