LIVE - Adventure of the Seas - July 17, 2021

8 hours ago, 4nzics said:

Will be getting on Adventure a week from tomorrow. We leave for The Bahamas, Thursday and also staying at Holiday Inn Express. So good to see all I will be doing in a few days time. Thank you for all the info.

We will still be on board. Looking forward to meeting you. 

Because we booked our hotel last minute we ended up staying at margaritville. Super nice hotel but a bit pricey. Here are some pics of the condo we got upgraded to as the hotel side isn’t open yet. It’s amazing! 

49C1FC5D-FA57-4A7B-831A-F2D62A1E2A5B.jpeg

8AF26A39-DC5D-45B3-953D-DF2FD2411B79.jpeg

CA2CB76F-7C21-40EF-90D2-246F1E7CEC0E.jpeg

E1591863-A298-4D30-84D5-39D07B232950.jpeg

12F4663C-FAEB-4346-930F-B0E88FB30DC1.jpeg

F5A11AB4-8CC2-427E-8BA0-E43E9F3BB9E6.jpeg

• Like 11

Just now, Sailing12Away said:

Wow @Akina13, that's some pretty swanky accommodations. Makes you feel like you're pre-gaming for a suite on that cruise.

Fingers crossed for a smooth boarding process for all of you, and a beverage in your hand well before sail away.

Right! When I walked in I said to my husband. “Wow! So this is how the other 1/2 live” lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Akina13 said:

Because we booked our hotel last minute we ended up staying at margaritville. Super nice hotel but a bit pricey. Here are some pics of the condo we got upgraded to as the hotel side isn’t open yet. It’s amazing! 

49C1FC5D-FA57-4A7B-831A-F2D62A1E2A5B.jpeg

8AF26A39-DC5D-45B3-953D-DF2FD2411B79.jpeg

CA2CB76F-7C21-40EF-90D2-246F1E7CEC0E.jpeg

E1591863-A298-4D30-84D5-39D07B232950.jpeg

12F4663C-FAEB-4346-930F-B0E88FB30DC1.jpeg

F5A11AB4-8CC2-427E-8BA0-E43E9F3BB9E6.jpeg

Wow. Nice digs! We should've had our pre-cruise get-together in your condo last night!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

On board!! At 11:50

DB7B82B3-B36C-4C67-B912-10460719564A.jpeg

0DEDEF1F-6DDC-4E06-98F2-DEEFEEBC1138.jpeg

4A550B7E-C33E-4377-88EA-E6196757F646.jpeg

355DB4B1-C09F-46DF-8E7C-B5D74B3D617C.jpeg

7B74BE85-A18C-49FC-BC6D-FF4D3F000F0D.jpeg

Nice! You guys beat me. My pcr test was rejected because it was outside the 5 days of boarding the ship. I mistakenly thought it had to be 5 days or less from arriving in the country. So, I had to take a rapid antigen test ,(no biggie). I'm still at the Hilton awaiting my rapid antigen test result. Save a bar stool at the Spinnaker for me.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

Nice! You guys beat me. My pcr test was rejected because it was outside the 5 days of boarding the ship. I mistakenly thought it had to be 5 days or less from arriving in the country. So, I had to take a rapid antigen test ,(no biggie). I'm still at the Hilton awaiting my rapid antigen test result. Save a bar stool at the Spinnaker for me.

this little piece of information is very important to me, so thanks for sharing.

I will be on the adventure on 8/21 with a party of 7, but we will be staying for a week in Nassau before the cruise. I am reading the PCR requirements 5 days before going to the Bahamas but it seems like they mean 5 days before cruising. A local PCR test for all of us will run close to $1,000, so I will do that PCR test in the States and if they require a rapid antigen test, I am cool with that. My kids need that anyway.

enjoy your cruise all!

Edited by exm
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

That stinks! What day did you have your original test? I don't think you were mistaken... the Royal Caribbean website clearly states that it's 5 days before arriving in the Bahamas.

Testing
As a requirement to board the ship, all guests age 2 and older will need to take a PCR test for COVID-19 no more than 5 days before arriving in The Bahamas. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, exm said:

this little piece of information is very important to me, so thanks for sharing.

I will be on the adventure on 8/21 with a party of 7, but we will be staying for a week in Nassau before the cruise. I am reading the PCR requirements 5 days before going to the Bahamas but it seems like they mean 5 days before cruising. A local PCR test for all of us will run close to $1,000, so I will do that PCR test in the States and if they require a rapid antigen test, I am cool with that. My kids need that anyway.

enjoy your cruise all!

Thanks for that. I could've swore I read 5 days or less before arriving in the Bahamas. You just confirmed I was right! (I'm not going bat s__ t crazy). Even with this small "speed bump", it was no biggie. They just send you to another room and give you a rapid antigen test. They e-mail the result. I had my result on my phone in about 15 min.

For me, I arrived 4 days before the cruise day, so I arrived on 7/13. My pcr test date was 7/9, which is within the 5 day window. However, as I quickly found out (the speed bump), it has to be 5 days or less from sail date (7/17), so it would have to be a pcr test date of 7/12 or closer to 7/17 (sail date). Since my pcr date was 7/9, it was out of date and not close enough to sail date. But, as I said, it was a small "speed bump". All good now, I'm onboard at the Duck & Dog pub with a cold Blue Moon in front of me; 

20210717_125226.jpg

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 14

8 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

Thanks for that. I could've swore I read 5 days or less before arriving in the Bahamas. You just confirmed I was right! (I'm not going bat s__ t crazy). Even with this small "speed bump", it was no biggie. They just send you to another room and give you a rapid antigen test. They e-mail the result. I had my result on my phone in about 15 min.

For me, I arrived 4 days before the cruise day, so I arrived on 7/13. My pcr test date was 7/9, which is within the 5 day window. However, as I quickly found out (the speed bump), it has to be 5 days or less from sail date (7/17), so it would have to be a pcr test date of 7/12 or closer to 7/17 (sail date). Since my pcr date was 7/9, it was out of date and not close enough to sail date. But, as I said, it was a small "speed bump". All good now, I'm onboard at the Duck & Dog pub with a cold Blue Moon in front of me; 

20210717_125226.jpgHope to see you soon! Did they say when rooms would be ready? Update for me…front door lady said I could check in at 1:15. Went to the check in lady. She said 1:45 was the earliest. 1/2 hour more. Back to the Hilton bar lol

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Booking It said:

That stinks! What day did you have your original test? I don't think you were mistaken... the Royal Caribbean website clearly states that it's 5 days before arriving in the Bahamas.

Testing
As a requirement to board the ship, all guests age 2 and older will need to take a PCR test for COVID-19 no more than 5 days before arriving in The Bahamas. 

Thank you! I thought so. So, I'm not going bat s_ _t crazy (more than usual, lol). My original pcr test date was 7/9. (See my other post on this thread). This little nugget of onfo would be good to spread to all who have Adventure OTS booked in the future. Go Paul Revere on this one!