LIVE - Adventure of the Seas - July 17, 2021

6 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Food is 10 out of 10 forks!

Ribeye. Bone in. Get extra sauce! Yum!

6EA2DDE7-30C6-4CFD-A46E-1D9F6CB436D3.jpeg

"Food is 10 out of 10 forks"? Did you mean folks? Of course, you are eating dinner so maybe you did mean forks. What do I know?

Food looks fantastic, btw. Nice way to say bon voyage...

• Like 2

Looks delicious!  Our precruise dinner was at Chilis. It hit the little ones' palette, but I'm ready for some real food.  

It looks like the DFW->NAS flight tomorrow is out of B but if we get through security early enough we might shuttle to D to the Centurion Lounge.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

"Food is 10 out of 10 forks"? Did you mean folks? Of course, you are eating dinner so maybe you did mean forks. What do I know?

Food looks fantastic, btw. Nice way to say bon voyage...

Haha I rate food by forks or yummies. 10 is the highest. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Calling it a night soon. Got to get up at 2AM. Hope we all arrive safely and without much drama tomorrow or Saturday. 

God Bless.

-T

Adding my wishes for a safe, and uneventful trip to Nassau 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Calling it a night soon. Got to get up at 2AM. Hope we all arrive safely and without much drama tomorrow or Saturday. 

God Bless.

-T

See you tomorrow! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisingpeople said:

When we were in Nassau for the 6/26 sailing, the normal price for a taxi from the airport ran from $33.00 - $40.00 depending on the driver. Even the printed paperwork from the Bahamas said the average was $35.00.

Taxis in the Bahamas follow zone-based rates. Easily predictable and consistent. You can of course book a ride with a car service at negotiated rates, too.

Full resolution version: Nassau_Taxi_Rates_2021.03.27.jpg (2858×1535) (2150.com)

Nassau_Taxi_Rates_2021.03.27.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

God Bless.

-T

Have safe & great flights out here (to Nassau)! I'll keep the bar stool warm for you at the Hilton bar (belay that, that sounds kind of "yucky").  I'll see you this evening at the Hilton bar. 7 pm, right? (I almost forgot about our meet-up. Must be all the Kaliks I've had on the beach).

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, dswallow said:

Taxis in the Bahamas follow zone-based rates. Easily predictable and consistent. You can of course book a ride with a car service at negotiated rates, too.

Full resolution version: Nassau_Taxi_Rates_2021.03.27.jpg (2858×1535) (2150.com)

Thanks for posting this. Now I don't feel "ripped off" for my $40 taxi ride from the airport to downtown Nassau (Holiday Inn Express).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

My higher status is on NCL and Princess

Our first Princess next year to Alaska, Sapphire.  I'm very interested to try them.  They made an offer we couldn't refuse 😉 Balcony drink pkg and grats all for what we paid for our first Radiance to Alaska 2013! $2600...what a deal.  Hope we did the right thing.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Our first Princess next year to Alaska, Sapphire.  I'm very interested to try them.  They made an offer we couldn't refuse 😉 Balcony drink pkg and grats all for what we paid for our first Radiance to Alaska 2013! $2600...what a deal.  Hope we did the right thing.

I think you'll like Princess for Alaska. They have a big "foot print" in the Alaska cruise market, so they know how to do it right. 

Are you doing a cruise tour or just the cruise? I did a Princess cruise tour (ship was the now covid infamous Diamond Princess ironically) which included transport on Princess's own train (yes, they have their own train) and stays at a couple of Princess's lodges (yes, they have lodges also. See? Big "foot print" up in Alaska).

Are you cruising in Glacier Bay?

17 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

I think you'll like Princess for Alaska. They have a big "foot print" in the Alaska cruise market, so they know how to do it right. 

Are you doing a cruise tour or just the cruise? I did a Princess cruise tour (ship was the now covid infamous Diamond Princess ironically) which included transport on Princess's own train (yes, they have their own train) and stays at a couple of Princess's lodges (yes, they have lodges also. See? Big "foot print" up in Alaska).

Are you cruising in Glacier Bay?

Glacier Bay was one of the draws for us.  and No tour though, we don't have that much time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MorganClark said:

I just talked to the receptionist in the lobby. She told me the way it works is that I send an e-mail (with the page I want printed) to their business e-mail address and then once received, they will print it out. So, I should be "golden".

New luggage tag (with new stateroom #) printed and put on my luggage handle. Worked like a charm. The receptionist in the lobby even lent me her stapler!

From a regular balcony stateroom on deck 8 to a spacious balcony stateroom on deck 9, like the "Jeffersons", I'm movin' on up! Funny, now I'm on same deck and just up the port side passageway from @HBCcruiser.

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

So funny — my toiletries are already “packed” because I’ve been accumulating all my travel sizes early— planning on staying home most of august so I don’t have to stress about the pre cruise test.  Of course, my hubby already raided it for his current trip to Detroit, so have to make another store run 😜

Hey, that looks exactly like my new luggage tag except, mine doesn't say "Suite" at the bottom. At least I've moved up to the "neighborhood".

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, dswallow said:

I am see different rates here (for example Nassau > Paradise Island is $38 above, and $27 below). Source: http://www.bahamas-travel.info/taxi_fares.htm

image.png.a631ead83a0e6696c177b3e0fc877080.png

Edited by exm

14 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

Hey @Ocean Boy& @Sea Dog

Would you guys be so kind as to shoot me an e-mail at: martycp60@gmail.com? I've got a question I'd like to ask you offline. Thanks!

@CptAleSpill @HBCcruiser @Sailing12Away

I sent you mine and you responded but you have not had a chance to provide any more information on joining the group. No worries. Enjoy your cruise.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

Hey, that looks exactly like my new luggage tag except, mine doesn't say "Suite" at the bottom. At least I've moved up to the "neighborhood".

Whoops, my quote went "wonky" . I thought I quoted @HBCcruiser's luggage tag picture. My apologies @3kidsncats and @RFerrington and everyone else reading this thread.

• Like 1