Carnival to announce Sept and Oct sailings tomorrow (7/13)

pogoism9

Here is what she said (I had to adjust small things since its a zoom transcript)

"So we'll have three Carnival Corporation brands sailing in Alaska this season, and then we will be announcing tomorrow what ships will be starting up in September and October, but the goal is, as long as things continue to go the way they are so far that we will have the full fleet back by the end of the year, with the exception of any ships that have to be in dry dock"

Edited by pogoism9

33 minutes ago, BrotherCraig said:

11.20 here with my family  Starting have doubts that it will happen.

My biggest issue the my 8 year old. The exception process then testing and no potential for no kids club…. I’ll be glad to go regardless. I think. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, pogoism9 said:

Also of note:

"for the foreseeable future we're going to continue to operate with highly vaccinated sailings."

That's BIG news

Maybe big to some, but nobody should be shocked given the reality we are headed toward another big fall/winter covid surge. Cruiselines have to do what keeps them profitable and that means vaccination dominant cruises.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, chadci said:

My biggest issue the my 8 year old. The exception process then testing and no potential for no kids club…. I’ll be glad to go regardless. I think. 

We have an 8 yr old hopefully sailing with us October 2nd. He's soooo excited, it would break my heart if he's not allowed to go.

• Like 1

with the so far so good re-start- no cruise line is going to take a risk and throw away the vaccinated protocols.  they would lose so much money with another shutdown. they would rather gently tell people that if they have young kids to either get vaccinated when they can or move their trip out. 

I know... not popular. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, stellarose said:

with the so far so good re-start- no cruise line is going to take a risk and throw away the vaccinated protocols.  they would lose so much money with another shutdown. they would rather gently tell people that if they have young kids to either get vaccinated when they can or move their trip out. 

I know... not popular. 

I’d have no issue getting her vaccinated, but it’s not available yet for her age group. 

18 minutes ago, stellarose said:

I am sorry.  hoping those who want a vaccine at a younger age gets it.  fingers crossed. 

No worries, it’ll happen one of these days. She’s already got a gold card. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chadci said:

The exemption process was pretty straightforward and at least on my sailing all the under 12 were approved.  Testing wasn't much of an issue but some families had to scramble because they got a rapid test instead of a PCR test for the precruise 72 hour testing requirement. 

The kids club being closed was disappointing but not a big deal. My daughter is having a great time regardless.

• Like 3