Regarding specialty restaurants......

southernshug

We had our anniversary in the Pinnacle and were not aware of the cake they would bring us at the end of the meal. We politely declined the singing the staff would do.  Here are pics of the food we had along with the warm Volcano Cake, not pictured.  Then...out came the Anniversary cake!  Boy..... did not have the room for that cake also. We ate a bite each and the staff wrapped it up in foil and we took it back to our room and we ate on it the next day. Very nice evening and the staff was great.

y4mqJnX8tsuN1nPkYqt9D-sJxlSPM83kCr9CHwOf

Caesar salad to start 

y4mZNQDIc-dXZoByUyWFkhlDKb0YGVuL0UOAOrH3

Jumbo shrimp cocktails.

y4m3gfP7BOtcpiBmk6oZZSU5yZcroAjFomaSMQfo

Filet Mignon and side dishes

y4m7M3lNSSlJYVzqFF3taIToX6EyNDtZJgAhKgz7

Rib-eye steak

y4mglTnIKMhXpbtBnVgkKA-Uul6EHPBzEzU7BJTK

Finally the Anniversary cake....wow.

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Thank you for an informative and interesting post.  

Our definitions of "fine dining", I suspect, differ.  There is nothing wrong with that.

Such an experience is what I am learning from participating on the CC Message Boards for Silverseas and Seabourn.  

Have you considered cruising on one or the other of these cruise lines?  I am interested in learning your thoughts.  Thank you.  

My reason for cruising is to reach destinations where I can capture interesting photos.  How I get there is somewhat immaterial.  Up to 2017 when my DW cruised with me, she would not hear of any other cruise line than HAL because of its support of those with health issues.  I have been cruising solo since 2017 and no longer need the space that a Neptune Suite provided for scooters.  I do miss all of those aft wraps.

Since my first HAL cruise in 2008, and thanks to CC, I have learned a lot about cruising and earned my 5* Mariner status.  I know what to expect, what is available, how to plan, what to avoid, great PCC since 2008, how to pack, know several former crew members on every cruise, and who can fix any issues. 

I am open to aft verandahs on other cruise lines that would deliver me to great photo ops with the same level of familiarity and status I have with HAL

Edited by Crew News
  • Like 1

On 7/14/2021 at 11:47 AM, T8NCruise said:

I've only ever seen one person use the zip log bag idea to scoop up goodies in the PG.  Its not a good look and people were commenting on it when they left.  

What?  Who even notices what other people are doing and who cares.  Our waiter asked if we would like him to pack the chocolates and we accepted but I sure wouldn't hesitate to take them if he hadn't.  As far as I know that is the only place on the ship to ge them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, vino100 said:

We have a family cruise planned with 18 of us. Is there an area that could accommodate all of us .

In 2018, I saw a table of 20 on a Pinnacle-class ship when there was a large group traveling together.

20 hours ago, vino100 said:

We have a family cruise planned with 18 of us. Is there an area that could accommodate all of us .

In the Pinnacle Grills that I have patronized, there is a smaller dining area off the main dining area.  This is the venue where the Cellar Master's Dinners, etc. are held.  18 guests ought to be comfortably accommodated in that space, I think.  

49 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

In the Pinnacle Grills that I have patronized, there is a smaller dining area off the main dining area.  This is the venue where the Cellar Master's Dinners, etc. are held.  18 guests ought to be comfortably accommodated in that space, I think.  

That sounds perfect. Do you know if you can reserve that space ahead of time ? 

1 minute ago, vino100 said:

I think @rkacruisermeans where the Chef’s Table used to be had.  And yes it does seat 18 in most PG’s.

I don’t think you can reserve that many people on line on the HAL site.  I would call shipboard services and make the request to reserve (recognizing you will have to pay for all spots immediately if it can be done).

Hope this helps 🙂 

2 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

And the Cellar Master's Dinners that I have attended have been held in that space.

All my Cellar Master dinners have been in the entire Pinnacle Grill.  

The Master Chef’s Table, Chef’s dinner (whatever you want to call it) where it is pricier and limited capacity was held in that space.  But that’s just my experience on a number of cruises.

• Like 1

Just now, kazu said:

All my Cellar Master dinners have been in the entire Pinnacle Grill.  

The Master Chef’s Table, Chef’s dinner (whatever you want to call it) where it is pricier and limited capacity was held in that space.  But that’s just my experience on a number of cruises.

Clearly, our experiences on HAL ships differ.  Good night.  

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

That's where the last Cellar Master dinner we attended was held.  Its a perfect spot.  As I recall, that time there was 8 couples.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, T8NCruise said:

That's where the last Cellar Master dinner we attended was held.  Its a perfect spot.  As I recall, that time there was 8 couples.

Thanks everyone for the info. I’m excited that my family just might fit into one room .

• Like 1

13 hours ago, vino100 said:

I did by calling Ship Services well in advance of the cruise for our party of ten.  I did have to pay for the dinners at the time, and got the Mariner discount once onboard.  

On 7/13/2021 at 7:48 PM, southernshug said:

Perfect and thank u so much!!!! We've never done a specialty restaurant before. Do u know if they do anything special for bdays, if I let them know maybe a day before? I'm trying to set up a few surprises for him!!!!

Just an FYI, they will bring you a birthday cake, but honestly, it’s the same as you get in the main dining room, and the Pinnacle desserts are way better. We got a cake (and the birthday song)  for oldest DD’s birthday and then had no room for the Pinnacle goodies. I’d ask for a serenade without the cake. 

St Louis Sal

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2021 at 1:47 PM, T8NCruise said:

I've only ever seen one person use the zip log bag idea to scoop up goodies in the PG.  Its not a good look and people were commenting on it when they left.  

In the past I've just asked them to send it to my room because I was to full to enjoy right then. They have always been happy to do so

On 7/16/2021 at 10:55 AM, Woofbite said:

What?  Who even notices what other people are doing and who cares.  Our waiter asked if we would like him to pack the chocolates and we accepted but I sure wouldn't hesitate to take them if he hadn't.  As far as I know that is the only place on the ship to ge them.

I am getting out with them one way or the other. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2