Good hotels near Starbucks

Nowhere in central London is far from a Starbucks.

But whereas folk can tell you that Hotel A is convenient  to Buckingham Palace, Hotel B is convenient to trains to Southampton, Hotel C is next-door to a tube station,  Hotel D is convenient to transport to Heathrow, etc. the proximity to a Starbucks isn't something that folk are likely to remember or include in reviews.

Can I suggest you set out other criteria, like prices, standards, convenience to the sights etc, then check the nearest Starbucks on googlemaps

JB 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As JB says, that is almost a nugatory criteria by which to judge hotels in central London. 

As a practical example, there’s a bunch of hotels often recommended on this board in and around the County Hall complex by Westminster Bridge (including a Marriott, Park Plaza and a coupe of Premier Inns). There is a Starbucks in the same complex. 

I've given a fuller reply on your other similar thread.

Taking up Eagle's comments, I've stayed a couple of times at the County Hall Premier Inn (as it was fairly convenient for the Imperial War Museum  where I was doing some research for a book). And,  my life companion has stayed at the Park Plaza when in the capital for work. Both are good - although significant differences in pricing. And, of course, they are convenient for that particular area of the city but may not be as convenient if you were wanting to visit, say, the British Museum or do a Jack the Ripper tour.

Edited by Harters

As JB said, nowhere is far from a Starbucks in London. About ten years ago, we spent a few weeks in London. We had Hilton points and wanted to use them for our entire stay. The Euston Hilton had the best price (we also wanted to use Hilton points for our two weeks in Paris so we wanted a London Hilton where we parted with the least amount of points). I remember that there was a Starbucks and, more important to me, a Krispy Kreme on the ground concourse at Euston Station - stopped there each day for my coffee & sugar fix! 😁 

I fondly recall that visit because I didn't feel rushed and I saw so much in London that I hadn't the time to see/do on previous trips - among my esoteric standouts were the Wallace Collection, attending Evensong 2x at Westminster Abbey, + an Organ concert, attending two concerts at St. Martin in the Fields (one lunch, one evening), Ceremony of the Keys, Tower of London, loved Neal's Yard, enjoyed a full day in Greenwich & loved a leisurely visit to Camden Town & its market. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, John Bull said:

Nowhere in central London is far from a Starbucks.

But whereas folk can tell you that Hotel A is convenient  to Buckingham Palace, Hotel B is convenient to trains to Southampton, Hotel C is next-door to a tube station,  Hotel D is convenient to transport to Heathrow, etc. the proximity to a Starbucks isn't something that folk are likely to remember or include in reviews.

Can I suggest you set out other criteria, like prices, standards, convenience to the sights etc, then check the nearest Starbucks on googlemaps

JB 🙂 

15 hours ago, Cotswold Eagle said:

As JB says, that is almost a nugatory criteria by which to judge hotels in central London. 

Indeed!

It's virtually impossible to answer this question more precisely and thoroughly than John Bull and Cotswold Eagle have answered it here.  And I have to admit that I'm just about the last person to ask about Starbucks, whether in London or New York City.

However...  I would only add that Pret a Manger, Costa Coffee, and Cafe Nero are three well-established chains with shops in equal profusion throughout central London.  All but the most ardent of Starbucks addicts might well find their coffee products more than satisfactory. 

Otherwise, for an authentic London greasy-spoon experience, pop into Beppe's Cafe in West Smithfield or Speedy's on North Gower Street.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Post Captain said:

However...  I would only add that Pret a Manger, Costa Coffee, and Cafe Nero are three well-established chains with shops in equal profusion throughout central London.  All but the most ardent of Starbucks addicts might well find their coffee products more than satisfactory. 

Never looked for SBUX in London, but they were everywhere. And other than needing a comfort stop somewhere I think along The Strand, I’d go to any of the mentioned chains, or find an independent coffee shop any day in London. Hand drawn espresso or cappuccino; hand drawn pint!

• Like 1

You could start with the map of Starbucks locations in London and then look for hotels nearby. It's never been a criterion for me. I choose our hotels by deciding the places we're going to concentrate on seeing that trip. We've been three times as a couple. We stayed once in Kensington, once in Waterloo, and once near Covent Garden. All three were great locations for the things we did.

What you don't want to do is stay somewhere inconvenient to the majority of the places you want to see. For instance, a friend of mine planned his trip to London around going to see a football match at Arsenal Emirates Stadium. He choose a hotel near the British Museum and Russell Square station. It was easy to take the Tube from his hotel to the stadium since both are on the Piccadilly Line. If he wanted to attend matches at Wimbledon, though, a hotel near a station on the District Line would make sense.

Store Locator: Starbucks Coffee Company

• 2 weeks later...

Good hotels probably have their own good coffee. As an ardent SBucks avoider I can attest that Cafe Nero is a probably a suitable replacement in a pinch.  I love to enjoy the local coffee and tea culture wherever I travel in the world but a mass American chain wouldn’t be my criteria for hotel selection.  

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2021 at 5:53 PM, Gourmet Gal said:

I love to enjoy the local coffee and tea culture wherever I travel in the world

This.

But many a traveler has sought out the comforts of home while traveling, for any and all reasons. I tried the Starbucks in London once (or maybe it was in Basingstoke, I don't remember) but it tasted different? Maybe it was the experience that made it seem like tasted different, just having Starbucks in a place that doesn't really conjure up thoughts of an American coffee company. 

I came to like Costa, and so that became my go-to for coffee on-the-go, but generally coffee has always been excellent where I was staying, so I can't say I was stopping in for coffee a lot, but when I do, it's Costa. Nero is good, but seemed a bit strong though I may well have ordered something artisanal and got myself some espresso in the cup when I wasn't expecting it. Part of the experience 😉

• Like 1

Costa coffee is very good.

Thank you for all the suggestions. We will only be in London 1 night and would love to maybe catch a HoHo .. I was in London a few years back and stayed by the back grounds of buckingham palace. Cannot remember the hotel but I know there were 2 with the same name as taxi dropped us off at the wrong one.

10 minutes ago, floridababa said:

Cannot remember the hotel but I know there were 2 with the same name as taxi dropped us off at the wrong one

That sounds as if it could have been a classic Grosvenor/Grosvenor House confusion. 

The area you stayed in is not bad for picking up a HOHO. See this page for an overview of the options:

https://www.londontoolkit.com/whattodo/london_hoho_bus_discuss.html

And there are several Starbucks in and around Victoria Station 😀

3 hours ago, floridababa said:

Costa coffee is very good.

We live in hope that it continues to be. It's the largest coffee chain in the UK (something like double the number of Starbucks outlets). It's too early to know if the company's sale to Coca Cola in 2019 will have a detrimental effect on things.