Dining rooms on Regal Princess preferences

PAMJP

On the medallion app we’re currently booked for Concerto Dining room, but I’ve now notices that we can book Allegro dining room as well. Which would you choose and why? We are sailing from Southampton end of July on a seacation and our cabin has just been allocated on Riviera deck aft. Thanks for any replies

Edited by PAMJP
Delete thread

For my Seacation in September there is no choice at the moment the only available MDR is Allegro. To be honest I dont think there will be much difference it is just personal taste depending where your cabin is for convenience or whether you prefer restaurant at the Aft of the ship i.e. Allegro or Concerto at midships.

On our last cruise, we found that the lower AFT dining room was wonderfully uncrowded and had really great service and dining experience because of that.

This might not be an issue on these current sailings, if they are at a low capacity.  But I just wanted to throw this out there.

Many like the convenience of the Mid-Ship dining rooms, and maybe stopping at the Piazza for a drink and socializing/people-watching before supper.    But yes, on more recent cruises pre-pandemic, the lower AFT dining room has been a great option.

There is no direct access between the Piazza and the Allegro dining room.  So, you have to get to an AFT elevator.   If your cabin is located AFT,  it would be a quick ride down from your cabin.  (less walking in high heels)

4 hours ago, majortom10 said:

For my Seacation in September there is no choice at the moment the only available MDR is Allegro. To be honest I dont think there will be much difference it is just personal taste depending where your cabin is for convenience or whether you prefer restaurant at the Aft of the ship i.e. Allegro or Concerto at midships.

When I first checked dine my way, only Symphony was available for 2 at the time we wanted, then I checked again and Concerto was an option so I booked that but couldn’t cancel my first choice. This week I noticed that Symphony had been cancelled and Allegro was available. Before I tried to cancel Allegro I wanted to know some opinions, so thank you.

3 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

On our last cruise, we found that the lower AFT dining room was wonderfully uncrowded and had really great service and dining experience because of that.

This might not be an issue on these current sailings, if they are at a low capacity.  But I just wanted to throw this out there.

Many like the convenience of the Mid-Ship dining rooms, and maybe stopping at the Piazza for a drink and socializing/people-watching before supper.    But yes, on more recent cruises pre-pandemic, the lower AFT dining room has been a great option.

There is no direct access between the Piazza and the Allegro dining room.  So, you have to get to an AFT elevator.   If your cabin is located AFT,  it would be a quick ride down from your cabin.  (less walking in high heels)

This was what I thought as we had the same problem on Ruby a few years ago, we kept getting to the wall and have to go up, across and down again. Thanks for your input

4 hours ago, majortom10 said:

We had no choice when I started booking, but more became available as the days went on. Trouble was I could book dining in all three but couldn’t cancel any! All sorted now though. Than you for your input, we’ve decided on Concerto.

2 hours ago, PAMJP said:

We had no choice when I started booking, but more became available as the days went on. Trouble was I could book dining in all three but couldn’t cancel any! All sorted now though. Than you for your input, we’ve decided on Concerto.

I booked our table time a few weeks back. It then allocated us concerto. When I looked today to see if it was all still okay our times wouldn't come up and it was saying dine my way not available. So just hoping all is ok😒