Seabourn not accepting UK passport holders for the next three cruises?

SLSD

Mr L,

All is as good as it can be on Moon with the masking up. We wear the masks on our arms while we are seated in a lounge or resto, and slide them up when walking out or down a corridor. Outside there are no masks. We are used to this from home after all, and when we joined Seabourn Ovation where passengers don’t mask up we initially felt exposed. On both ships crew are all masked all the time.

Before I get to business, you should know how lucky you are to get sailing again! The ship is at 250 / 600 so service is superb. Very refined, more crew numbers but maybe a little less peppy than Seabourn. Often we are the only ones in a lounge and you always have a choice of indoor and outdoor tables for dining. 

Yes, the occasional wayward guest will be reminded to exit the lounges after 18:00 and put on a jacket. Why people of a certain age would show up in old “granny jeans” and a tee shirt is beyond me, and in these elegant surroundings, apparently oblivious to others. And since no one is allowed to sit at a bar there is less spontaneous socializing, I guess, but on the plus side there can be no hollering - as we saw across the beautiful Observation Bar of Ovation too often… The bottom line is that social standards are better observed here, in keeping with the way old guard Silversea passengers must overwhelmingly prefer it.

One thing I have observed, and which honestly hardly bothers me, is the amount of space given over to smokers, far more than on Seabourn. Moon has 10 tables along the port side of the pool, in glass semi-enclosures where they puff away much of the day. So sun loungers use is limited for me to the starboard side just to be safe. Anyway, I prefer the large number of small couches in the shade at the end of the pool since the sun has been so strong. Another grumble is the smallish deck outside deck behind the Arts Cafe where a couple of men puff on cigars every morning. While they are more or less meant to be on the starboard side, to me it makes no difference. Too bad.

Back to your questions, I am drinking a bit less since cocktail hour is simpler. The food and wine quality, choice, and authenticity are marvelous- as you will see. I have not cast an eye over premium wine lists and will go to La Dame for the experience in a couple of days and so can revert afterwards. Yes, you are a lucky punter to be joining Moon soon. Just behave yourself, matey.

Happy and healthy sailing!

• Like 1

Thank you Markham for your observations.

Yes the smoking would bother me too.

250 sailing,I hope we don't get lonely 😉

Have a wonderful time and I will await your findings in La Dame.

How are the shows/entertainers.

We are looking forward to trying the SALT kitchen