Seabourn not accepting UK passport holders for the next three cruises?

SLSD

15 hours ago, Bad Company said:

Official response from Seabourn:-

Hi Barry - We look forward to welcoming you on board Seabourn Ovation and hope you have a wonderful time. We’re happy to allow you to board since you were already in transit to the ship.

Seabourn has reviewed its policies for United Kingdom (UK) citizens scheduled to sail on its ships while the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office ("FCDO") maintains its current advice on international cruise travel and develops broad plans to allow for the resumption of international travel. 

To support the current FCDO advice while it remains in place, UK guests will be deferred from sailing on Seabourn ships through August 14, 2021. This decision will affect guests booked on Seabourn Ovation Greek Islands cruises from Athens (Piraeus) and Seabourn Odyssey Caribbean cruises from Barbados.

We had anticipated that the current FCDO guidance on international cruise travel would have been lifted by now and we await a positive update in that regard. Until that time comes, we continue to work closely with the UK government to have the advisory lifted and believe that will happen very soon. 

Barry, that's the most positive news we've seen on  CC or FB since the decision on Thursday, but still happy that we cancelled SS with the Staysure issues.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2021 at 6:40 PM, cruiseej said:

@MightyQuinn I think the issue with UK passengers is that the government travel advisory invalidates insurance. I haven't read anyone saying the same issue affects Canadian travelers. 

We are hoping to join The Ovation on 7 August….. fingers crossed. 
I have today added enhanced COVID-19 cover to ensure our travel insurance policy covers us for cruising with Seabourn in the Med.

This extension cover is invalid only if the UK Govt advisory changes to ‘all but essential travel’ which is not the case at this moment in time.

(the insurance company has been mentioned earlier in this thread)

As things stands, I believe our travel policy is NOT invalidated by the current Government position.

I have had no communication from my TA nor from Seabourn. The only communication from Seabourn was on the app which today told me my checking in time for 7 August is 4.00 pm. Of course, this is very probably an automated message which is automatically sent 3 weeks before departure! To date, I have no confirmation of cancellation. 

However, I am remaining positive. As an alternative, there is always SS.

2 hours ago, Baz-t said:

I have had no communication from my TA nor from Seabourn. The only communication from Seabourn was on the app which today told me my checking in time for 7 August is 4.00 pm. Of course, this is very probably an automated message which is automatically sent 3 weeks before departure! To date, I have no confirmation of cancellation. 

Hi Baz-T

i am also from Uk, I had no contact from SB, I told my TA what was happening as quoted by CC she phoned Seabourn who said we could wait and hope that we may be able to board on the 7th and they might know by the 3rd August! Or we could move to 21st which is what we have done in the hope that this mess may be sorted by then 

3 hours ago, Baz-t said:

It sounds like you need a good TA. 

I was telephoned by mine twenty minutes after he had had Notification from Seabourn.

On the source app all of the booking details remained for two days after I found out.

I asked my TA to contact Silversea and see what they said about UK passport holders.

I had a call ten minutes later and when he said that Silversea were fine with the UK government website I asked him to book for twenty days on the Silver Moon.

I go next week and I am looking forward to sailing with Silversea again as it has been many years since I was on the Silver Shadow.

I hope things work out for you and that you get to go.

1 hour ago, Wuzzle10 said:

Hi Baz-T

i am also from Uk, I had no contact from SB, I told my TA what was happening as quoted by CC she phoned Seabourn who said we could wait and hope that we may be able to board on the 7th and they might know by the 3rd August! Or we could move to 21st which is what we have done in the hope that this mess may be sorted by then 

You're another one that needs a good TA.

There are a lot of us hear that use one particular TA but rules do not allow us to tell 😉

1 hour ago, Mr Luxury said:

You're another one that needs a good TA.

There are a lot of us hear that use one particular TA but rules do not allow us to tell 😉

I think there are 2 very good UK TAs. Having used both - can’t say found any difference between them.

Currently using other one from you as you state “he”.

13 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

I asked my TA to contact Silversea and see what they said about UK passport holders.

I had a call ten minutes later and when he said that Silversea were fine with the UK government website I asked him to book for twenty days on the Silver Moon.

I go next week and I am looking forward to sailing with Silversea again as it has been many years since I was on the Silver Shadow.

What I don't understand is how it doesn't matter to Silversea but Seabourn are making a big issue of it.

The big issue is valid travel insurance. Contrary to my earlier post, I have turned 180 degrees and have now had a good conversation with my travel insurer who, with clarity, has confirmed that our travel policy will not be valid if we travel against UK FCDO advice. That UK FCDO advice is what Seabourn is waiting to hear if it is changed in early August. My insurer will not cover us even with the enhanced Covid-19 Extension cover as we would be travelling against the Government advisory.

We are holding onto our Seabourn booking for 7 August in the hope there may be a change to the advisory. No way can we cruise without medical cover!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Baz-t said:

The big issue is valid travel insurance. Contrary to my earlier post, I have turned 180 degrees and have now had a good conversation with my travel insurer who, with clarity, has confirmed that our travel policy will not be valid if we travel against UK FCDO advice. That UK FCDO advice is what Seabourn is waiting to hear if it is changed in early August. My insurer will not cover us even with the enhanced Covid-19 Extension cover as we would be travelling against the Government advisory.

We are holding onto our Seabourn booking for 7 August in the hope there may be a change to the advisory. No way can we cruise without medical cover!

My travel policy covers everything except Covid - I am ok with this as if you read Seabourn cover - you would get a credit note if you could not go due to Covid and be covered on cruise if you got Covid. This is for the Barbados cruise and the policy states the cruise is travelling against Government advisory,

12 hours ago, Philandher said:

The latest from Staysure, they have reviewed and reversed their decision not to provide insurance for international cruises within the EU Great news for everybody.

So does that mean that Seabourn will accept their insurance?

I've spent the last 30 minutes reading this thread and trying to wrap my brain around this Catch-22, wondering if there is any solution other than to switch to SS.  I feel so sorry for the UK PAX with upcoming cruises!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, tv24 said:

I've spent the last 30 minutes reading this thread and trying to wrap my brain around this Catch-22, wondering if there is any solution other than to switch to SS.  I feel so sorry for the UK PAX with upcoming cruises!

It's a complete mess.

Booking SS will not solve the issue for those of us who have been told repeatedly that we can't get insurance.  

We only have a couple of weeks in September for time off work this year. 

Our only option for a cruise just now is a UK only cruise. We live on an undeniably beautiful, interesting island, but of course our climate is an issue! 

• Like 1

I am still concerned as to whether the Insurance company offering travel insurance cover when travelling against FCDO rules are also extending this to international cruise cover. The FCDO advice against international cruises is a separate advisory to a country advisory.

Has anyone seen in writing in the press, insurance co website or Government website that international cruising is now included?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baz-t said:

I am still concerned as to whether the Insurance company offering travel insurance cover when travelling against FCDO rules are also extending this to international cruise cover. The FCDO advice against international cruises is a separate advisory to a country advisory.

Has anyone seen in writing in the press, insurance co website or Government website that international cruising is now included?

See my post on this thread 16 and 62. Staysure would not provide cover outside of EU for my Barbados to Barbados cruise but they will. 

3 hours ago, Baz-t said:

I'm ok and insured andSilversea are fine with the FCO advice

Shame Seabourn got cold feet at the last minute and ruined a lot of guests trips.

Luckily the Silver Moon looks like a great alternative.

Markham are you settled in yet on the Moon?

Edited by Mr Luxury

4 hours ago, Isklaar said:

It's a complete mess.

Booking SS will not solve the issue for those of us who have been told repeatedly that we can't get insurance.  

We only have a couple of weeks in September for time off work this year. 

Our only option for a cruise just now is a UK only cruise. We live on an undeniably beautiful, interesting island, but of course our climate is an issue! 

Isklaar:  I can only imagine your anxiety.  Travel during these times continues to be fraught with cancellations and problems.  We are here in Greece on a DIY holiday and it took a lot of planning and continues to have its stresses.  We are worried about our scheduled cruises in December and beyond.  I wish you much luck and happy sails!

• Like 1

MrL,

Yes, we are very settled on the Moon and have lots of thoughts to share. What would you like to know? I will keep my answers short and snappy, partly to ensure you enjoy your own opportunity to discover what is what around here.

That said, you may already know that I am delighted with the large walkaround top deck 2 lane track and long pool - far longer and deeper than a Seabourn pool - which is good for swimmers. And there is a lot of attention to detail e.g. one passenger decided to stand around the shallow end with a drink in hand. She was told by a deck attendant that this was not permitted so she moved to just outside the pool. This suits me very much since this is an issue of cleanliness, and so for the enjoyment of everyone. 

Happy and healthy sailing!

• Like 1

Hello ,Markham

Glad to hear that there is discipline aboard.

Keel hauling could replace the belly flop in the pool competition.

I would like to know if the dress code is slightly more than what we see on Seabourn.

How is the food as I need to choose a venue for my birthday dinner and did think La Dame might be a good choice but obviously what's on the menu will dictate.

Have you had a look at the revenue wine list and have you found anything drinkable on the included list.

Hopefully there is no block party and standing in a corridor in your under crackers with shaving foam on your face at 6.00pm.

Are you masking up when not eating and drinking and is this much more than you experienced on the Ovation.

That's it for now unless you have any gems of wisdom that must be shared.

Thank you in advance 

20 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

I'm ok and insured as are Silversea.

Shame Seabourn got cold feet at the last minute and ruined a lot of guests trips 

Edited by Mr Luxury