Quantum of the Seas Cabin 7212 Obstruction?

Does anyone know what the obstruction is on this cabin? It’s the only one on deck 7 center ship port side that’s obstructed. I know the lifeboats obstruct the deck below and that there are some deck 7 obstructions on other Quantum class ships, but this is the only one on Quantum. I can’t find any info on it. Is that a mistake on the deck plan or is there really a problem with the view? Any input appreciated!

20 minutes ago, robtulipe said:

It shows as having an obstructed view on Quantum deck 7 plan on the RCI website.

Yes it’s on the deck plan. For a cruise I’m contemplating it’s coming up as an option for an obstructed balcony cabin. I know not all obstructions are created equal, so I’m trying to figure out if this is a good cabin to book or not. 

The shot below was taken from Anthem's North Star and shows that port side area. According to the its current deck plan 7614 and 7616 balconies are obstructed view ones but my shot doesn't show any deck 7 obstructions, only than the deck 6 lifeboats obstructed balconies, although it's been three years since we've been on this ship..

P1040922 (2).jpg

Edited by robtulipe

11 hours ago, Gatordad815 said:

I know not all obstructions are created equal, so I’m trying to figure out if this is a good cabin to book or not. 

And not all RCI web site data is alike either. 

Biker, who is pretty confident in saying there's no more obstruction in that cabin than any other near it on deck 7.

19 hours ago, Gatordad815 said:

Does anyone know what the obstruction is on this cabin? It’s the only one on deck 7 center ship port side that’s obstructed. I know the lifeboats obstruct the deck below and that there are some deck 7 obstructions on other Quantum class ships, but this is the only one on Quantum. I can’t find any info on it. Is that a mistake on the deck plan or is there really a problem with the view? Any input appreciated!

7610, Starboard side but same obstruction.

19 hours ago, Gatordad815 said:

Does anyone know what the obstruction is on this cabin?

Here is 7606. This would be the same as 7206 on your side of the ship.

Note the cabin is placed dead center in the middle of 2 of the larger white support davits which hold up the lifeboats

IMG_4619.JPG

In this photo 7612, and thus 7212 on your side, is facing directly in front of the white davits dead center of your view.

IMG_2291.JPG

When I look aft from 7606, I see the white davit that would be in front of your balcony. If you can move to a room number that is dead center to two of the davits that would be best if any are available

IMG_2925.JPG

Edited by Hoopster95
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Haha better than a duplicate post! 😀 I booked it. Huge saving over the other ones on the floor, and I can’t see how that one particular cabin is any more obstructed than any of the other ones on the 7th deck. All of the life boats are held up with the same structures so it should be all good! 😀

1 minute ago, amby6063 said:

I can’t see how that one particular cabin is any more obstructed than any of the other ones on the 7th deck.

The ones with a davit in front of them are considered more obstructed than the ones with just the lifeboat.

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The ones with a davit in front of them are considered more obstructed than the ones with just the lifeboat.

Yes but there are those davits all down the side, yet only that one cabin is marked as obstructed. 

IMG_0912.png

6 minutes ago, amby6063 said:

Yes but there are those davits all down the side, yet only that one cabin is marked as obstructed. 

RCI doesn't have uniformity across their Q class ships as to which are considered obstructed, so trying to figure why one is while another is not just leads to frustration.

Just now, amby6063 said:

Same price as the very obstructed cabins on deck 6, but sharing the view of the other ‘non obstructed’ balconies on 7, glad I nabbed it.

A whole swath of deck 7 on Ovation is marked as obstructed leading to usually lower prices - don't ask why, just bank the savings. Also, folks' impression of the obstruction, even on deck six is about as subjective as the food in the MDR.

• 10 months later...
On 6/21/2023 at 8:34 PM, amby6063 said:

Sounds like a good deal then! Same price as the very obstructed cabins on deck 6, but sharing the view of the other ‘non obstructed’ balconies on 7, glad I nabbed it. 😀

Have you gone on your cruise yet? I’m thinking of booking. It’s the only room left 

4 minutes ago, MLCK88 said:

Have you gone on your cruise yet? I’m thinking of booking. It’s the only room left 

Welcome to CC.

As mentioned, while the cabin may be categorized as obstructed, they really aren't on that section of deck 7.

• Like 1