Getting Shareholder Credit After Boarding?

drolltroll

I sent my request in fir Mardi Gras 41 july about 5 weeks ago and heard nothing so last weekend I sent in a respectful duplicate request acknowledging my first request.  Just last night 5 days later I got a very nice email acknowledging my request, apologizing saying they are behind because of volume of request, and my approval.  The system does work.  

12 hours ago, drolltroll said:

Anyone had any luck getting their credit on board? I sent mine off, tried to call and get verification, nothing.....

How far ahead of sailing did you send in your request?

Carnival has been all over the place as far handling time for shareholder credit.  I've booked several cruises over the past few months, one request just took a few days, another took over 4 weeks.  I'm sure they've got their hands full right now.

Edited by groundloop

1 hour ago, groundloop said:

How far ahead of sailing did you send in your request?

Carnival has been all over the place as far handling time for shareholder credit.  I've booked several cruises over the past few months, one request just took a few days, another took over 4 weeks.  I'm sure they've got their hands full right now.

I've been waiting on confirmation for mine for a while as well.  After it has been approved, does it show up on your cruise planner or documents?

11 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

I've been waiting on confirmation for mine for a while as well.  After it has been approved, does it show up on your cruise planner or documents?

Yes, it's on the second page of your booking summary, underneath the itemized charges.

Edited by groundloop
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, drolltroll said:

Anyone had any luck getting their credit on board? I sent mine off, tried to call and get verification, nothing.....

Yes, I did! I got mine mid cruise last week on the Horizon. It was applied as soon as it was approved while I was already onboard. I sent it off 3 weeks before sailing but it hadnt been approved before my sailing. Then 3 days into sailing I got an email and it appeared on my onboard account. 

We sent ours in about 2 weeks ago for cruises in Nov, April of 22, & Sept of 22.  Sent by fax.  Receipt of fax acknowledged when sent.  But we have not gotten any confirmation yet.  We are going to give them a couple more weeks, then try to call.

So I guess if we do not/ cannot get confirmation prior to cruise- we will take a copy of our fax onboard with us.  I am sure they are over loaded right now.  Have A HAL cruise booked as well, have not heard from them either.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, drolltroll said:

I ended up getting mine on board, took about 24hrs to post and was easy. I had all my brokerage info with me  to give to guest services.

That is good information. I had never heard of being able to get it on board before.

3 hours ago, drolltroll said:

I ended up getting mine on board, took about 24hrs to post and was easy. I had all my brokerage info with me  to give to guest services.

That is interesting. I thought they had a minimum time before boarding, 72 hours IIRC, past which you could not apply. Were they able onboard to do it immediately, or did they have to check back with the home office?

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Does someone have the email handy for carnival? I applied a year ago for a cancelled and transferred to vista. Need to apply for breeze. Lol I tried search .. lol not easy.

shareholders@carnival.com

38 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

That is interesting. I thought they had a minimum time before boarding, 72 hours IIRC, past which you could not apply. Were they able onboard to do it immediately, or did they have to check back with the home office?

Yes, that is why it took 24hrs. The guy at guest services said he would have to email the office and fax what I had in hand. He also said he would call the next day with an answer and I will be John Brown he called just like he said he would which surprised the heck out of me. The rules say you are supposed to send the request I think 3 weeks before sailing but I did not book until about 2 weeks or so before sailing so 3 weeks would have been impossible. I also took copies of the the email I sent with no response from Carnival and a 2nd follow up email I sent with no response and he faxed all of it. Maybe since I had proof on a hard copy that I indeed emailed the info and never got a response was why it was so easy.

Just now, drolltroll said:

Yes, that is why it took 24hrs. The guy at guest services said he would have to email the office and fax what I had in hand. He also said he would call the next day with an answer and I will be John Brown he called just like he said he would which surprised the heck out of me. The rules say you are supposed to send the request I think 3 weeks before sailing but I did not book until about 2 weeks or so before sailing so 3 weeks would have been impossible. I also took copies of the the email I sent with no response from Carnival and a 2nd follow up email I sent with no response and he faxed all of it. Maybe since I had proof on a hard copy that I indeed emailed the info and never got a response was why it was so easy.

Well, he said fax but I guess he ran it through a copier and emailed it, I don't know but it worked fine!

1 hour ago, drolltroll said:

Glad it worked. And I expected that they had to run it through the head office. It just did not seem possible that they could do it themselves.

We once had something somewhat similar with having a bottle of wine changed into OBC instead of the wine (on Princess). We had been told on the phone with Princess that this could be done. The first guest service person told me no it could not. When I tried it with a second one, she instead said she would have to go through headquarters. I think it also took a day. And I too was contacted that it had gone through. I gave her one of the employee who made a difference in your cruise references. I hope you did the same John Brown.