Captains club cocktail 5-7?

closecruiser

1 hour ago, WestLakeGirl said:

The latest statement doesn’t mention not having it on the first night.  Oversight? Or new policy?  With the Celebrity website you never know

F8D96E4F-7ABB-4DBB-B267-7CC9A032C7FC.png

So true.    I remember they use to not have it first night but that was before the change to drinking at different bars from 5-7.   

The last statement on what I sent and see above says "Excludes embarkation day." That would be the first night, yes? It's part of the benefits blurb on the brochure, so I suspect it is trustworthy. Plus it makes sense not to have it on the first night since other things (welcome parties?) are supposed to happen.

36 minutes ago, radarcruiser said:

How long before this goes the way of the Diamond Club on Royal?   They switched to 4 drinks per day at any time, at any bar or venue.   No more unlimited happy hours. 

Hope not.   4 for Diamonds and 5 for diamond plus.   

10 hours ago, EMBFlyer said:

Celebrity has never had the Cocktail Hour on Embarkation Day or the night of the Senior Officers' Party.

That is correct, I was wondering since they changed to the drinks at different bars from 5-7 if they might have it on the first night.   

On Edge last week there was no senior officers party, only a Captains welcome in Eden which was a very short welcome by the captain, recognition of the top cruisers and some music.  Captain appeared to give a welcome and left immediately.  Officers are keeping their distance as much as possible which I support in these times.

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

On Edge last week there was no senior officers party, only a Captains welcome in Eden which was a very short welcome by the captain, recognition of the top cruisers and some music.  Captain appeared to give a welcome and left immediately.  Officers are keeping their distance as much as possible which I support in these times.

But did they have the free cocktails every night from 5-7.    

Wouldn' t it be great if they refreshed the Elite bar menu? Most of cocktails went out years ago. But their Champagne is not bad and actually from France. I really enjoyed the Sky Lounge, sorry about choice of alternate bars which are crowded and dark.

7 hours ago, closecruiser said:

But did they have the free cocktails every night from 5-7.    

I have no reason to believe they didn't.   I had a beverage package and was staying in the Retreat so I really wasn't paying attention.   There is no forward facing lounge like the Sky Lounge on Edge.