Enchantment and Grandeur - Unitor Contract

4 hours ago, coaster said:

I recall a full switch out to new prefabricated cabins on Sovereign of the Seas years ago. It was featured on a multi-part documentary on some cable channel. 

Trying remember that Documentary, know they added many New Cabins in 2 Movie Theater areas, might been 50 but these were not in place of existing. Do you remember if New ones you are talking about were top Suite Deck Cabins also? Not doubting, just trying remember if did both.  Also remember them adding Balcony's, she never had them before. Funny thing is saw the old Sovereign 2 yrs ago in Barbados. Was on her first time back in 1988, Largest Cruise Ship and Worlds first Mega-Cruise Ship. Also most expensive Cruise ever did, can do 5-6 Cruises now for what I paid 33+ yrs ago

Edited by ONECRUISER

On 7/16/2021 at 4:27 PM, dream2cruise said:

I saw an article in Marine Link today (7/16/2021) about a contract for Unitor to install 450 pre-fabricated passenger cabins in both Enchantment of the Seas and Grandeur of the Seas but do not see any date for this project.  We have a cruise booked in December for Enchantment but no idea if this work will be before or after we sail.  Please message back if you have seen the drydock schedule as I cannot seem to find anything current for Enchantment and really no word as to when Royal will start sailing out of Baltimore.

Thanks!

Just wanted you to know that when we were on the Celebrity Edge July 3 sailing, the Enchantment and Rhapsody were docked at St, Maarten. To be honest, both ships did not look good at all. Hopefully RC will be refurbishing or renovating them soon.

Twangster, do you know what was specifically done to the Grandeur during its drydock? We saw her last week while in Freeport…. And we are booked on her for the 14 day sailing next February out of Barbados, so we are very curious!

On 7/16/2021 at 8:37 PM, ONECRUISER said:

Trying remember that Documentary, know they added many New Cabins in 2 Movie Theater areas, might been 50 but these were not in place of existing. Do you remember if New ones you are talking about were top Suite Deck Cabins also? Not doubting, just trying remember if did both.  Also remember them adding Balcony's, she never had them before. Funny thing is saw the old Sovereign 2 yrs ago in Barbados. Was on her first time back in 1988, Largest Cruise Ship and Worlds first Mega-Cruise Ship. Also most expensive Cruise ever did, can do 5-6 Cruises now for what I paid 33+ yrs ago

I believe you are correct. It has been years since I saw the documentary. The added cabins makes sense and not replacing existing ones. Celebrity has stripped cabins to the studs on some of their older ships and totally redone them. Royal seems to just replace carpet and furniture on their older Vision class ships.

• Like 1

In this documentary (and later on all Sovereign Class ships) they did not add cabins to Sovereign. It was about adding balconies to existing cabins on deck 10 and about extending the Windjammer Café on deck 11.