Ensure

flutist14_99

4 hours ago, flutist14_99 said:

We’re on the Carnival Conquest in a balcony hopefully in August. Can someone refresh my memory on whether my sister can bring Ensure with her to have as a nutritional supplement and can we still get ice to put it in to make it cold?

4 hours ago, BeachDiva101 said:

I would call.  Everything I’ve read says drinks must be in cans only.  You can request a bucket of ice from your room steward.

Yes you can bring Ensure. You can bring on 12 sealed individual cans or cartons 12 fluid oz. or less. 

4 hours ago, flutist14_99 said:

We’re on the Carnival Conquest in a balcony hopefully in August. Can someone refresh my memory on whether my sister can bring Ensure with her to have as a nutritional supplement and can we still get ice to put it in to make it cold?

1263E518-3771-4991-BD2E-72D5210BB8A7.jpeg
Might run into trouble if you bring the bottles. Does Ensure come in a carton?

Edited by slavens_09
Wanted to add info
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

If it i in a box then each person can bring 12, if they are bottles then contact the special needs department. 

I have brought Premier Protein Shakes on a Carnival cruise with no issue at all.

Ensure is in the same type of juice box (cardboard with alumium liner) container which would be good.

I feel like this falls into the category of medically necessary. So maybe a doctors note saying she’s been “ordered” to drink them 1x a day or 2x or whatever it may be… I bet that would work! 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, kelkel2 said:

I feel like this falls into the category of medically necessary. So maybe a doctors note saying she’s been “ordered” to drink them 1x a day or 2x or whatever it may be… I bet that would work! 

I feel it falls into the category of of an energy drink or dietary supplement drink. After all, Carnival sells energy drinks, so why not? I'd bring it on board without even thinking about it. 

Ensure is a plastic bottle (my liquid breakfast, so I know)

But I imagine if in the original 12-pack carton, they may not care.

WORST CASE - they say no, you appeal they still say no and you have a nice cruise.

Call it 50/50, roll the dice and see what happens.

Still a nice cruise either way

It's like $15 for a 12 pack....they're about a dollar a piece.

Doctor note/prescription would help

No one wants to pitch money away, but buy it and try it.

BE NICE

BE POLITE

BE CALM

If they say no, worst loss is $15 bucks or so

i will add that when I cruised in 2018 I called the Special Needs department describing why i needed the protein shakes (gastric bypass surgery). They sent back a reply within a good time frame (a week maybe) and I printed out that email.

The shakes were in my carry on and I had the letter.

When i went through screening I told them I had the protein shakes and they said fine. I didn't have to show the letter or anything.

So if you are worried and don't want to use the powder that is what I would do.