Scheduled boarding/flight ease

Banditswife

Just curious how they will schedule our boarding time if we are flying in using their flight program w/ HAL transfers.  Our flight arrives fairly early- 10AM, will they just make us hang out at airport until our scheduled boarding time?  

I can comment for HAL transfers when I fly in a day or two early and the transfer is to a hotel (less time pressure). Even then, the HAL agent at the airport makes decisions flexibly. if they have a lot of people from many flights arriving together, you will be in full size bus.

If it is about 6 people, then in a taxi van. Sometimes 4 in a minivan. Once i was placed alone in a regular taxi car, called off the airport line. The agent has a charter contract code to cover the taxi cost.

My point is they do not make you wait too long at the airport, even when transferring to a hotel.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cruise4food said:

My point is they do not make you wait too long at the airport, even when transferring to a hotel.

I agree that is how it is. 

Many times I see posts from people saying that sometimes you have to wait a long time, so HAL can fill a bus. But they also say they don't do the HAL transfers, so they really wouldn't know. 

More than once I have been put in a taxi or hired car and taken to the hotel. I have also been put in a small van with others going to the same hotel. 
The times I have transferred in a large bus, the bus has always filled quickly, as there were so many people coming off the same flight, or two flights arriving about the same time. 

• Like 2

Early arriving pax may get a limited tour...say 2 hours. We had that happen in Copenhagen when we went to the airport to catch a 9:30 HAL bus to the port. We ended up with a boarding right around noon.

I would be surprised if you got a priority boarding because you arrived early. HAL will also not leave you sitting at the airport. You might have to wait at the terminal.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Banditswife said:

Just curious how they will schedule our boarding time if we are flying in using their flight program w/ HAL transfers.  Our flight arrives fairly early- 10AM, will they just make us hang out at airport until our scheduled boarding time?  

We've used HAL transfers a number of times. What they probably will do do is round you, and other HAL transfer folks up, and queue you up for buses going to the port. This occurs in the baggage pick up area generally. And if things work correctly you'll spend more time in the port than in the airport. 

• Like 1

You have to be lucky with flight arrivals and bus schedules.  I have gotten right on HAL transfer to hotel both by cab or bus.  Also waited nearly two hours to go directly to port.  In Boston Sept 2019 about 20 HAL transfers I met at the airport at 9 a.m. arrived at the pier around 12.  I took a cab for the short ride around 10 and checked in right away.  They had been at the airport all that time with very little seating. i spoke to HAL airport rep who said buses were only about every 2 hours!  Unfortunately, boarding was quite delayed due to first US port of the season which added to the discomfort.  

You are not going to be as early (for the cruise) as you might think.  Assuming that your flight arrives at Seatac around 10 it would normally take around 45 min to get everyone off the plane (longer if there are a lot of HAL cruises who do not move very fast) and for folks to get their checked luggage.  So by then it would be about 10:45.  Cruise line transfers often involve some waiting (a group transfer is only as fast as the slowest person) so lets assume they get you into some kind of vehicle shortly after 11.  If you are  put into a larger vehicle for transfers it could take even longer as they gather all the folks and load luggage.   You then have to deal with the drive to the port which can easily take a half hour so with luck you would arrive at the port around 11:45  That is actually not too early to get to a port.  At that point your waiting will be at the terminal along with many other folks waiting to board.

Hank