Viking Posts 23/24 World Cruises

Heidi13

2 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

With a low key release, Viking today have added new 2023 World Cruise and 2024 World Journeys to the schedule. Same itinerary as the already sold out 22/23 cruises.

Our TA just sent us the details.  Tempting…

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Naw, we usually like up to 5 yrs between World Cruises, so our next one, wouldn't be before 2026/27

If health and finances would permit we would love to do one every year.  Just love actually living onboard for a period of months.  You guys also take extended RV trips don't you?

9 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

If health and finances would permit we would love to do one every year.  Just love actually living onboard for a period of months.  You guys also take extended RV trips don't you?

Sure do. Only going for a month this year in September, but next summer we will head East for 4 to 5 months. Year after the 22/23 WC we will probably book a few months down in Indio, to escape the cold and rain in Vancouver.

3 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

Tom, you are right. I had forgotten all about having to empty your own holding tank....😱

In addition to dumping holding tanks, we also have to do all the cooking, cleaning and making the bed. It's like being back at work, as once the trailer is hitched, I have to drive. Judi will drive the truck, but not with a 41' trailer behind us.

Returning to our home away from home on a Viking WC is definitely looking to be easier option.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

Hi guys. I believe there is a $1,000 non refundable deposit pp should you cancel before penalties kick in. Is that transferable to any Viking cruise? another world cruise? Or just too bad, so sad 😞. Thanks. 

Pre-COVID, once we paid the deposit on the 2020 WC, if we cancelled, we would have received everything back, except the $1,000 pp.

With the 2022/23 WC, we have the Viking Risk-Free Guarantee (RFG), which if we wish to cancel, we can select 1 of 2 options:

• Normal cancellation terms - cash refund of the deposit paid, less the non-refundable $1,000 pp
  • RFG - we would receive a FCV for 100% of all monies paid to Viking, but NO cash.

1 minute ago, Heidi13 said:

Pre-COVID, once we paid the deposit on the 2020 WC, if we cancelled, we would have received everything back, except the $1,000 pp.

With the 2022/23 WC, we have the Viking Risk-Free Guarantee (RFG), which if we wish to cancel, we can select 1 of 2 options:

• Normal cancellation terms - cash refund of the deposit paid, less the non-refundable $1,000 pp
  • RFG - we would receive a FCV for 100% of all monies paid to Viking, but NO cash.

Ok, great. As long as it’s not just lost, that’s great. Thank you. 

3 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

Ok, great. As long as it’s not just lost, that’s great. Thank you. 

The RFG has changed over the months, so the terms & conditions might be somewhat different. If you make a tentative booking, you get time to consider and to make the deposit. They send you a booking form, which usually includes the RFG, Travel Insurance, list of OBC's, etc.

If you don't proceed, you don't pay the deposit and it lapses.

You can also ask the TA to confirm the deposit, cancellation terms & RFG.

4 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

Hi guys. I believe there is a $1,000 non refundable deposit pp should you cancel before penalties kick in. Is that transferable to any Viking cruise? another world cruise? Or just too bad, so sad 😞. Thanks. 

4 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

But Andy don’t I recall seeing somewhere that you have to use the entire voucher on a single cruise?  So if you decided to implement the RFG after final payment you would almost have to use it on a future world cruise?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

But Andy don’t I recall seeing somewhere that you have to use the entire voucher on a single cruise?  So if you decided to implement the RFG after final payment you would almost have to use it on a future world cruise?

I think my biggest concern that insurance wouldn’t cover is we get six months from final payment we just can’t cover the cost. Id feel a lot better if that $2,000 could be put towards something else, or move the world cruise out a year. 

1 hour ago, Clay Clayton said:

Clay - Good point, apologies as I should have been more specific, as I was making reference to the deposit, prior to payment in full.

For 2023, our deposit was about CAN $6,000 pp, so if we cancel before PIF, we would receive a reasonable FCV that could be used on most short cruises.

However, as you noted, once we have made the PIL, if we cancel, the FCV could only be used on another WC or possibly one of Orion's transits between Sydney & Vancouver.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Clay - Good point, apologies as I should have been more specific, as I was making reference to the deposit, prior to payment in full.

For 2023, our deposit was about CAN $6,000 pp, so if we cancel before PIF, we would receive a reasonable FCV that could be used on most short cruises.

However, as you noted, once we have made the PIL, if we cancel, the FCV could only be used on another WC or possibly one of Orion's transits between Sydney & Vancouver.

Or Biz class airfare from you new “home” in Outer Mongolia to Ushuaia to meet the Octanis?😂 

37 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Or Biz class airfare from you new “home” in Outer Mongolia to Ushuaia to meet the Octanis?😂 

Definitely something we would consider, if we could combine with an around S/America.😀

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Checking the website this morning and noted they have published a 2nd World Cruise in 2024. Viking Sky is sailing the same itinerary, 3 days ahead of Neptune.

Andy,

Any thoughts on why the Sky sailing is priced higher than the Neptune departure?  

Jerry

6 hours ago, MarkTapley said:

Andy,

Any thoughts on why the Sky sailing is priced higher than the Neptune departure?  

Jerry

Jerry - my guess would be similar to Jim, supply & demand economics. Just checked on progress and the Owner's Suite is already sold.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Jerry - my guess would be similar to Jim, supply & demand economics. Just checked on progress and the Owner's Suite is already sold.

Wow - Owner's Suite is $180,000/person!  And the Neptune's World Cruise has everything PJS and above sold out.

• Like 1