2 Different Doses - Considered Unvacciated

Marymommyof3

10 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

I would not be surprised if RCCL goes back to saying the Moderna/Pfizer can be mixed as that is what Carnival is doing (competition - otherwie they will lose customers who will go the Carnival).

As for AZ/Pfizer or Moderna that seems to be a no no for all cruise lines cruising out of the U.S.

It is the type of vaccine that matters for mixing. You can't mix a J&J with a Moderna or Pfizer but you can mix Moderna and Pfizer together.

Anyways, Moderna is working on combining the covid vaccine with the influenza vaccine.  One shot.  Look forward to that.  COVID is here to stay.  Get use to it.  CDC will be changing their 'guidelines' constantly.  I believe things will change with the AZ mix soon.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MamallamaAndDaddy said:

It is the type of vaccine that matters for mixing. You can't mix a J&J with a Moderna or Pfizer but you can mix Moderna and Pfizer together.

Thats what I said.

Astra Zeneca is a different type of vaccine from Moderna/Pfizer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BrotherCraig said:

Exactly.  Wonder why?  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

CDC, WHO, and scientists and doctors say otherwise.  Pfizer is being investigated for even recommending it.  Need MORE DATA.  We will probably never need a booster.  Wait for the data.  Trust the science.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/08/health/pfizer-waning-immunity-bn/index.html

Soooo WHO is saying they dont have enough data in response to Pfizer saying they are going to release data shortly?  ????  Do they even know what they were responding too?? 🙄  Articles like this are why we have issues surrounding the vaccines.  Pfizer: We are going to give you data to make a decision....WHO: But we have no data to make a decision.

Pfizer said it would soon publish data about a third dose of vaccine and submit it to the US Food and Drug Administration, European Medicines Agency and other regulators.

In a statement to CNN on Friday, the World Health Organization said, "We don't know whether booster vaccines will be needed to maintain protection against COVID-19 until additional data is collected," adding, "limited data available on how long the protection from current doses lasts and whether an additional booster dose would be beneficial and for whom."

Big Pharm has the $$$$$$ to pay top notch scientist & doctors to conduct research, clinical trials, present data & findings to the FDA based on scientific studies. Yes, I’ll follow the $$$$ and the science. My suggestion to Canadians in the mixed dose scenario is talk to your doctor about getting a 3rd dose.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BrotherCraig said:

Anyways, Moderna is working on combining the covid vaccine with the influenza vaccine.  One shot.  Look forward to that.  COVID is here to stay.  Get use to it.  CDC will be changing their 'guidelines' constantly.  I believe things will change with the AZ mix soon.

So then you will need a shot yearly?  Sorta goes against your John Hopkins guys comments.

2 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

Soooo WHO is saying they dont have enough data in response to Pfizer saying they are going to release data shortly?  ????  Do they even know what they were responding too?? 🙄  Articles like this are why we have issues surrounding the vaccines.  Pfizer: We are going to give you data to make a decision....WHO: But we have no data to make a decision.

Pfizer said it would soon publish data about a third dose of vaccine and submit it to the US Food and Drug Administration, European Medicines Agency and other regulators.

In a statement to CNN on Friday, the World Health Organization said, "We don't know whether booster vaccines will be needed to maintain protection against COVID-19 until additional data is collected," adding, "limited data available on how long the protection from current doses lasts and whether an additional booster dose would be beneficial and for whom."

The CDC here in the US, John Hopkins, and just about every major clinic that specializes in this field.  Pfizer CEO has been ridiculed for the recommendation by the top scientists and doctors.  Pfizer submitted DATA but it was shown to be fraudulent data - or very skewed.  Reason they are being looked into now.  

Yes, we don't know if a booster will be needed yet.  Might be needed in a year or five -- or never.  Reason Moderna is working on combining a vaccine with the influenza vaccine for an annual shot.  

The media LOVES jumping on this BOOSTER story and they are creating a non-story out of it.  What does that do?  That tells the unvaccinated a story to - not get it.  Don't fall for it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

So then you will need a shot yearly?  Sorta goes against your John Hopkins guys comments.

Don't know yet.  We don't know.  That is the point here.  If you are vaccinated, you don't need a booster right now.  That is the point I am making.  You put yourself more at risk with getting a booster than the actual virus probably.  Wait for the data.  Don't react with emotion.  React with facts.  Watching all of these young, healthy, people going out and getting boosters because they think it will make them invincible is very alarming.  We can thank the media out there for that mess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BrotherCraig said:

Yes, we don't know if a booster will be needed yet.  Might be needed in a year or five -- or never.  Reason Moderna is working on combining a vaccine with the influenza vaccine for an annual shot.  

Thats totally contradictory is all im saying.  They dont know if we need a booster or when you need it but they will combine it with a shot you get every year (which is a booster).

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

and it doesn't go against what the John Hopkins guy says.  He said "RIGHT NOW".    Goes exactly with what I am saying.  Read the first sentence in the quote.  Not hard to comprehend.

1 minute ago, kdr69 said:

Thats totally contradictory is all im saying.  They dont know if we need a booster or when you need it but they will combine it with a shot you get every year (which is a booster).

I said MODERNA is working on one in case it will be needed.  Because they DO NOT KNOW YET.  LMAO!  Wow!  You would rather them work on one once they find out that it is needed then we have to wait for years to get it or have them work on it now just in case it will be needed?  I choose the latter.  

We are getting a little off topic, it's not about getting the 3rd dose or how much money is being made, etc.  I just want to cruise and am bummed out because of the policy.  I am hoping by September they will change it, but who knows as things are changing every day.

Thanks for all the replies.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

Thats what I said.

Astra Zeneca is a different type of vaccine from Moderna/Pfizer.

AZ is almost identical to the J&J in the USA, but it's not approved for emergency use in the US.  As a result, the AZ shot holds zero weight in the eyes of the CDC.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BrotherCraig said:

You would rather them work on one once they find out that it is needed then we have to wait for years to get it or have them work on it now just in case it will be needed?

I never said one way or the other whether i cared about WHEN they develop it I will just get my shots every year whether its one two or when created in a combo.  My question was whats the difference if i get a third shot now or 6 months from now.  Will i grow a third arm?  Cause that may or may not be a deciding factor.  A third arm could come in handy.  

32 minutes ago, BrotherCraig said:

Exactly.  Wonder why?  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

CDC, WHO, and scientists and doctors say otherwise.  Pfizer is being investigated for even recommending it.  Need MORE DATA.  We will probably never need a booster.  Wait for the data.  Trust the science.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/08/health/pfizer-waning-immunity-bn/index.html

Pretty "trusting the science" is no longer possible

10 minutes ago, Marymommyof3 said:

We are getting a little off topic, it's not about getting the 3rd dose or how much money is being made, etc.  I just want to cruise and am bummed out because of the policy.  I am hoping by September they will change it, but who knows as things are changing every day.

Thanks for all the replies.

The US is unlikely to change until Canada opens the borders fully.  This is all politics.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bdever said:

Why not? There are people getting 3rd shots from their doctor and rightfully so… some of us need a 3rd dose…

“Some immunocompromised people have, on their own, received additional doses of the vaccine, and a study last month by Johns Hopkins researchers suggested that an extra shot may help increase Covid-19 antibody levels for some organ transplant recipients who did not have a full response to their original vaccinations. 

On Sunday, Dr. Anthony Fauci, President Joe Biden's chief medical adviser, acknowledged the reality that some people are acting ahead of official recommendations, noting that there are individual physicians "right now that are saying, 'I want to go the extra mile with someone who might have a lower level of immunity.' "

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/07/16/health/cdc-warning-covid-19-vaccine-immunocompromised/index.html

This is absolutely correct. Israel is already doing boosters for immunocompromised folks because their efficacy is less on these folks. There may also be boosters for larger folks with higher BMI's as data seems to indicate that they too, may need booster vaccines to keep up their antibodies. Some people will absolutely need them.    

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

This is absolutely correct. Israel is already doing boosters for immunocompromised folks because their efficacy is less on these folks. There may also be boosters for larger folks with higher BMI's as data seems to indicate that they too, may need booster vaccines to keep up their antibodies. Some people will absolutely need them.    

Correct.  Some people.  https://www.timesofisrael.com/health-ministry-most-cancer-patients-should-not-get-third-covid-booster-shot/

Edited by BrotherCraig

1 hour ago, MamallamaAndDaddy said:

J and J is only 1 shot and done. No mixing needed

43 minutes ago, jperry2011 said:

I understand J&J is the ugly step child of vaccines... But it is considered an approved vaccine that I can cruise with right??

It is the simpliest because only 1 dose but I have heard it is way less effective! The mixed dose people are probably more protected!

• Like 1

BUT ! The $64,000 question is...WHAT will the cruise lines demand (and possibly at the LAST moment, a week before a passenger's cruise) in regards too a third 'booster' shot ?? We, my wife and I, made our final payment last June on a cruise for the second week of Sept, I'd hate for 'Big Brother' to suddenly decide on August 31 that EVERYBODY sailing in that month needs that third shot ! We wouldn't have time to get it AND the three weeks for it to take effect. Pity is, some want to blame the cruiseline but they have to follow the CDC's guidelines per the  federal Appeal's court decision this week. I guess the FDA also is taking it's cue from it's bosses because many countries (Canada and GB) are letting it's citizens combine the shots and I'm sure there are many more in Europe doing the same. I'd almost be willing too pay for our third shot just to prevent this situation from happening.

Mac 

• Like 1

It's stuff like, what some countries are doing by, mixing different vaccines that just goes to show that rushing decisions is a bad idea. The Science needs to be understood before you hang your hat on it. You don't just throw something at it to see if it sticks when you do something for your whole population. We are supposed to be smarter than that.

• Like 3