Arrival/Embarkation Questions

HRPro

We are sailing on Ovation departing September 4, and have been assigned to Group C with an embarkation time of 1:40. However, our flight into Athens arrives that morning at 7:50 and we have a Seabourn group transport since we booked our flights through Seabourn’s Flight Ease.  Even allowing for extra time at the airport due to COVID protocols, we are likely to have a long wait before our boarding time. How will Seabourn handle this—will we be asked to wait at the airport for a later shuttle to take us to the pier or will they transport us and then have to wait at the terminal?  Since assigned boarding times are a new procedure, I would be interested in anyone that has sailed or will be sailing soon sharing their experiences.  I hate to be sitting at the airport waiting on a later shuttle, but it would help just knowing what to expect.  This will be my first  time sailing with Seabourn, and like everyone we will be anxious to get on board.  We usually do not fly in the same day as the cruise, but due up COVID protocols it seemed easier to do that this time, but now we may have long waits either at the airport or terminal al before we can board.

Any information or advice would be much appreciated.

Susan/HRPro

We have often used FlightEase through Seabourn and have always found that arrangements are in place to take care of you.

I imagine that there will be other Seabourn passengers on your flight. Getting your luggage and getting through Athens airport could take a fair while. Someone will be waiting for you as you exit Airside.

That still means you'd certainly arrive at the ship too early. I suggest you ask Seabourn or your TA what the procedure will be.

Given the choice, I'd rather be waiting at the terminal rather than at Athens airport.

11 hours ago, HRPro said:

We are sailing on Ovation departing September 4, and have been assigned to Group C with an embarkation time of 1:40. However, our flight into Athens arrives that morning at 7:50 and we have a Seabourn group transport since we booked our flights through Seabourn’s Flight Ease.  Even allowing for extra time at the airport due to COVID protocols, we are likely to have a long wait before our boarding time. How will Seabourn handle this—will we be asked to wait at the airport for a later shuttle to take us to the pier or will they transport us and then have to wait at the terminal?  Since assigned boarding times are a new procedure, I would be interested in anyone that has sailed or will be sailing soon sharing their experiences.  I hate to be sitting at the airport waiting on a later shuttle, but it would help just knowing what to expect.  This will be my first  time sailing with Seabourn, and like everyone we will be anxious to get on board.  We usually do not fly in the same day as the cruise, but due up COVID protocols it seemed easier to do that this time, but now we may have long waits either at the airport or terminal al before we can board.

Any information or advice would be much appreciated.

Susan/HRPro

2 hours ago, Lisacope said:

When did you get your boarding time? I am on the cruise following yours on the Ovation

Our boarding pass was just listed on the Seabourn app this week, which included our boarding group and time.  Since you are sailing a week later, I’d be on the lookout early next week.

If Seabourn is transporting you, as they have done us in the past, you won't have a choice in this, i.e. wait in the airport or travel on to theship. However I am sure they will have something planned for you. I suggest you ask about the arrangements.

• Thanks 1

Seabourn will have a representative at the airport who will be with the driver.  Only a guess, but Seabourn is not going to have you waiting at the airport to delay your boat check-in.  We are on the boat this week and found the check in process not to be rigid as to when you arrive.  If you arrive early and your room is not ready yet due to passengers departing earlier that morning, I would assume they will park you in the Colonnade where lunch is normally served until the room is ready.  This is a nice area with lots of food and have done this in years past.  Cruise has been awesome this week and we have booked 28 days from Athens to Lisbon in October.  Have seen a few other boats at the various stops, but definitely not crowded.  The earlier adopters of traveling again will be quite happy in my humble opinion.  Safe travels. Steve

• Like 1

On 7/22/2021 at 9:22 AM, Neverlookback said:

Seabourn will have a representative at the airport who will be with the driver.  Only a guess, but Seabourn is not going to have you waiting at the airport to delay your boat check-in.  We are on the boat this week and found the check in process not to be rigid as to when you arrive.  If you arrive early and your room is not ready yet due to passengers departing earlier that morning, I would assume they will park you in the Colonnade where lunch is normally served until the room is ready.  This is a nice area with lots of food and have done this in years past.  Cruise has been awesome this week and we have booked 28 days from Athens to Lisbon in October.  Have seen a few other boats at the various stops, but definitely not crowded.  The earlier adopters of traveling again will be quite happy in my humble opinion.  Safe travels. Steve

Captain will be unhappy with you for calling his ship a boat. 🙂 🙂

• Like 1

Hi Susan/HRPro and Lisacope. We are on Ovation for two weeks from September 4 so hopefully we’ll get the opportunity to meet you both.

I was also keen to find out my allocated boarding time which I now have -  I went all the way through on-line check in to get this. 
We’ve done a number of Seabourn cruisers but never taken the travel inclusive option which we have this time so fingers crossed!

David (and Carolyn)

10 hours ago, guern11 said:

Hi Susan/HRPro and Lisacope. We are on Ovation for two weeks from September 4 so hopefully we’ll get the opportunity to meet you both.

I was also keen to find out my allocated boarding time which I now have -  I went all the way through on-line check in to get this. 
We’ve done a number of Seabourn cruisers but never taken the travel inclusive option which we have this time so fingers crossed!

David (and Carolyn)

Look forward to sailing with you and can’t wait to be cruising again.

Susan/HRPro

Edited by HRPro

I’m Sailing on the Ovation beginning Aug 14. I was first assigned a 4:40 boarding time.  This week my boarding pass says 2:30

so your time may change before you leave.  

jan