Grand Princess best cabins

We are about to put out credits onto a 8 night grand princess cruise in October 2022.

as I have learned on here, not all cabins are created equally.

so is there any hidden gem cabins on the grand princess. I’m talking extra large balconies or cheap and cheerful cabins with something special.

I have already discovered the 4 window cabins at the back of the ship but they are sold out for this cruise but are available for the repositioning cruise straight after which we will do to Melbourne.

currently have a cookie cutter inside and a balcony on deck 10. Yes the extra sized balcony.

Grand   is pretty much the same as the Golden cabin wise.....

It all depends and what you want in a cabin.... to some a bed for the night... to others a place to relax and enjoy.....    which is as we go for an aft cabin... ( can use the balcony almost any time )

Cheers Don    ( booked on the Grand Nov 2022 )

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Esilef said:

We are about to put out credits onto a 8 night grand princess cruise in October 2022.

as I have learned on here, not all cabins are created equally.

so is there any hidden gem cabins on the grand princess. I’m talking extra large balconies or cheap and cheerful cabins with something special.

I have already discovered the 4 window cabins at the back of the ship but they are sold out for this cruise but are available for the repositioning cruise straight after which we will do to Melbourne.

currently have a cookie cutter inside and a balcony on deck 10. Yes the extra sized balcony.

Have a look at the Grand Princess cabin reviews right here on your friendly Cruise Critic !  All the grand Class ships have similar layouts.  Now what is a 'cookie cutter' inside you mentioned? New one on me.

5 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Now what is a 'cookie cutter' inside you mentioned? New one on me.

Cookies..... much prefer the Chocolates on the pillow.......

I thought all inside cabins were the same.... a bed and no window.....

Don

Best cabins.... grand suite  I think...   ohh not that best..

Edited by getting older slowly

Oh yes, we will go with the Grand Suite!

we are actually doing a European river cruise 2 months after this, so we’re hoping to get out of this “cheaply”

it seems that this 8 day cruise from Auckland to Sydney then 2 nights to Melbourne has been popular as a lot of the good cabins have gone.

we might just stick with the inside for myself and my son and let grumpy grandad have the extended balcony cabin directly opposite our room. 

what’s the worst that could happen? It could be cancelled again.

1 hour ago, Esilef said:

what’s the worst that could happen? It could be cancelled again.

Fingers Crossed.... for your Oct 22 and our Nov 22 Grand cruises....

and I will start thinking about it in a year..

Have planed  a trip to Tassie on the red and white boat in Nov 21,  but starting to wonder... if it is going to happen

Cheers Don

1 hour ago, Esilef said:

it seems that this 8 day cruise from Auckland to Sydney then 2 nights to Melbourne has been popular as a lot of the good cabins have gone.

They could also be limiting the number of cabins they are currently selling in each category. I suspect when cruising does recommence there will be restrictions on the number of passengers for quite some time. Plus cruises for that period this year have been cancelled and Princess offered move-overs to equivalent cruises next year.

5 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

They could also be limiting the number of cabins they are currently selling in each category. I suspect when cruising does recommence there will be restrictions on the number of passengers for quite some time. Plus cruises for that period this year have been cancelled and Princess offered move-overs to equivalent cruises next year.

That may also explain why this cruise is so much more expensive than I’m used to paying. $1500 for an inside for 7 nights. 

is it worth getting the princess premier package with alcohol drinks and internet?

5 minutes ago, Esilef said:

That may also explain why this cruise is so much more expensive than I’m used to paying. $1500 for an inside for 7 nights. 

is it worth getting the princess premier package with alcohol drinks and internet?

All the new cruises are more expensive unfortunately.

The Plus package works out at $40pp per day. Internet value is just under $15 pp per day, so just over $25pp per day for all drinks. I think it's good value even if you don't drink alcohol. Freshly squeezed OJ for breakfast instead of the usual processed stuff, speciality coffees, soft drinks or other juices during the day, and bottled water for port days, would all add up to close to $25. Add alcohol and it's a great deal. And no hassling logging in and out of the internet. I think kids get the soda package.

• Like 1

The Princess grand class ships have some very good obstructed view cabins which are not much more expensive than inside cabins. You have to choose your cabin wisely, or you may have a large lifeboat outside your window completely obstructing your view, but there are also some that have very little obstruction. We like these cabins. There is a website where you can actually see how obstructed the view is for most of the cabins.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

The Princess grand class ships have some very good obstructed view cabins which are not much more expensive than inside cabins. You have to choose your cabin wisely, or you may have a large lifeboat outside your window completely obstructing your view, but there are also some that have very little obstruction. We like these cabins. There is a website where you can actually see how obstructed the view is for most of the cabins.

Stayed in a few obstructed view outside cabins on Princess, mainly mid ships.  As you say you need to book real early pick them. RenMar was the site re obstructed view cabins on Princess, not sure if it still exists.

Edited by NSWP