Kinky Boots Still on Encore?

6 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

Norwegianencore.  And then the new pics. 
there you find one 

Awesome, thank you! The pics from rehearsal look fantastic... so excited it's coming back to the Encore in time for our sailing.

8 hours ago, zerooveride said:

The one post, posted yesterday says "One week till these angels are ship bound and struttin’ the high seas." - 1 week would be the 08/21 Cruise; whether they are performing or just on the ship is another story.

Yeah,,, being on the ship and having the show installed and ready to preform are two different things.

And if they are not somehow isolated/quarantined right now, they may have to quarantine onboard for 14 days to satisfy CDC requirements. That's before they would be allowed to continue with the show's installation and rehearsals. 

11 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Post #67 on this thread indicates Kinky Boots is not on the Encore right now.

Yes, the show was addressed onboard. To "properly" present the show, they casted the 25 performers and dozen musicians from multiple international locations. That, along with having to custom create dozens of boots for primary and understudies, it has been a long process to get the show installed. Recall, the Joy was suppose to be the first restart ship last week out of Jamaica. That was changed to the Bliss out of Seattle and finally the Encore out of Seattle. Kinky Boots is only on the Encore and they had to quickly assemble a cast once the decision was made to use the Encore for the first cruises. 

• 5 weeks later...

I am on Encore January 2021. Here is my opinion on deleted shows. Most performers are not cruise line employees. I saw an interview on TV with actor playing Lola in Kinky Boots during the heart of the pandemic. The actor indicated that the show was ready to go but stopped rehearsal due to pandemic.  Since performers are not employed by NCL and NCL is a vaccine required line, could performers that are not willing to be vaccinated be being recast and show is not ready?  Just a thought. Could be Prohibition cast as well?

8 hours ago, Stevekscruiser said:

I am on Encore January 2021. Here is my opinion on deleted shows. Most performers are not cruise line employees. I saw an interview on TV with actor playing Lola in Kinky Boots during the heart of the pandemic. The actor indicated that the show was ready to go but stopped rehearsal due to pandemic.  Since performers are not employed by NCL and NCL is a vaccine required line, could performers that are not willing to be vaccinated be being recast and show is not ready?  Just a thought. Could be Prohibition cast as well?

The performers will not be allowed to sign a contract with NCL unless they understand they WILL be vaccinated.  End of story.

9 hours ago, Stevekscruiser said:

I was told specifically by high ranking NCL officers onboard Encore that if you want to step foot on an NCL vessel, you must be vaccinated, both doses. This goes for all contractors/NCL shore excursion staff as well. 

• 2 months later...
22 hours ago, CarolinaMamma said:

Any updated info on whether Kinky Boots is back on Encore, and, if so, which nights? I’m booking dinners for my January cruise, and like to plan around the shows. 

I hear that Choir of Man has been on Day 2 and Day 7.

Kinky Boots has been back on the Encore for months.  It goes down week to week due to covid.  Same with Choir of Man.

• 2 months later...
On 11/21/2021 at 1:07 PM, Longstockingpippi1 said:

B77795DB-2C57-4BE5-A5BA-FFD49FC292C0.thumb.jpeg.c7703c6708d56a5f3cf4fc84cb8d5b1d.jpeg

Was on Encore at the end of Jan 2022 and saw Choir of Man several times (Awesome!) but Kinky Boots was not offered and Prohibition was not offered (Covid guidelines). Both still show as being on Encore.  Hope to see KB one day.  BTW, 40% capacity was awesome! No elevator waits, able to social distance everywhere... so difference and wonderful. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

We sail next week and I noticed it was removed from the menu of shows we could book once onboard over a month ago. It looks like it might be gone and I’m guessing they’ll sub it with a rotation of singers/comedians/magicians. 

Someone posted in another thread that it was playing last week.

We are on board in a few weeks and I’m hoping KB and Choir of Man will both be on, but if not we will still have a wonderful cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1