Specialty Dinner Venue Package Discount of Three Visits For 60.00 or 38.00

SNJCruisers

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

You mean there is no centralized place where you can book all your pay restaurants and times in one spot. 

Surely there has to be. Rcl you can go to any pay restaurant, go to wonderland, and book times for the whole weeks dining. 

If I go to chops on rcl ... any venue can book times for all venues.

Carnival cant, I have to go one by one to each ... for real? John needs to hear how behind carnival is in this. Hard to believe if true there is  no centralized place to book pay venues. Sorry very lame

I'm hoping onboard I find there is a centralized place. This cant be right.

Now I understand when I read comments after the cruise about overbooked steakhouse and bookings being a mess. They need to centralize it.

If you want RCL, best if you stick to RCL and leave Carnival alone.

52 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

Wish they would make this available for pre purchase.  I dont want to wait till im onboard to make reservations as they might not be available.

Why would or should a company offer a discount on a product that will sell anyway? IMO the promotion is to fill the restaurants at off peak times. If time and day are important, why not spend the extra $8?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Why would or should a company offer a discount on a product that will sell anyway? IMO the promotion is to fill the restaurants at off peak times. If time and day are important, why not spend the extra $8?

Dont think there is a discount to pre order nor did i ask for one all i wish for is to be able to pre order the package vs having to buy one at a time.  not sure what the extra $8 is about?? 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MSarahM said:

Soo, is this something that's offered on the Magic?  Will be sailing in a couple weeks, and I think I'd love to take advantage of this.  Can we get it from the HUB app?

once on the ship you can as Hub app doesnt work until your onboard

1 hour ago, kdr69 said:

Dont think there is a discount to pre order nor did i ask for one all i wish for is to be able to pre order the package vs having to buy one at a time.  not sure what the extra $8 is about?? 

All I'm asking is where to go once onboard to book speciality restaurants... looks like I'm under attack. Hahahaha. For asking how and where to book speciality restaurants once onboard? I guess people get mad if I say so far no one has a good answer other than running from one to another which may not even be open when I board.

Had no idea this was such a difficult question. Maybe I will post it to john. Funny to stir upmsuch anger because I'm trying to pay for pay restaurants as soon as I board.

59 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

once on the ship you can as Hub app doesnt work until your onboard

Maybe that's the answer, try booking then in the hub app by myself once I'm onboard.

Goodness people are so loyal asking a hard question they cant answer gets them easily upset.

2 hours ago, kaybeebee said:

So, if we have already prepaid for our specialty dining, we would not be able to get a credit for the packages ? There weren't any dining packages listed in our planner.

Idk there was a big thing about this and john first said it's ok to pre book and then cancel. I guess it caused so many to do this he changed his mind. Too much refunding, lines at customer service. If you want to pre book then keep it, if you want to use obc, wait until you board. Trying to stand in line at customer services to cancel imo is asking for complications... and people were just doing it to get what they want and now you want a deal available only onboard to give you  credit for booking it beforehand. 

I'd book what you want and  to cancel and get refunds and rebooking. Unless you want to fight with your credit card company over charges.

No wonder they are dealing with overbookimg.,

1 hour ago, kdr69 said:

The difference in price between the package and pre-booking the restaurants at a time and day of you choosing. $60 vs $68.

20 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

All I'm asking is where to go once onboard to book speciality restaurants... looks like I'm under attack. Hahahaha. For asking how and where to book speciality restaurants once onboard? I guess people get mad if I say so far no one has a good answer other than running from one to another which may not even be open when I board.

Had no idea this was such a difficult question. Maybe I will post it to john. Funny to stir upmsuch anger because I'm trying to pay for pay restaurants as soon as I board.

You were given the answer and you didn't like it. It isn't the question or answer that is difficult.

3 hours ago, kaybeebee said:

So, if we have already prepaid for our specialty dining, we would not be able to get a credit for the packages ? There weren't any dining packages listed in our planner.

The dining package is an onboard promotion that offers $8 savings; $60 for 3 dinners, Steakhouse ($38), Cucina ($15), and JiJis (&15). While prebooking now allows you to pick your preferred times/date, those that choose to prebook pay regular price and get first choice. The package is offered to get more guests to use the pay/specialty dining during the cruise. Those that opt for Bonsai Sushi or any venue with al a carte pricing receive $15 credit towards their tab in those venues.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

The difference in price between the package and pre-booking the restaurants at a time and day of you choosing. $60 vs $68.

oh ok so on board is 60 and pre booking one at a time works out to 68?  thanks

1 minute ago, mondello said:

The dining package is an onboard promotion that offers $8 savings; $60 for 3 dinners, Steakhouse ($38), Cucina ($15), and JiJis (&15). While prebooking now allows you to pick your preferred times/date, those that choose to prebook pay regular price and get first choice. The package is offered to get more guests to use the pay/specialty dining during the cruise. Those that opt for Bonsai Sushi or any venue with al a carte pricing receive $15 credit towards their tab in those venues.

Ok thanks much clearer

Just now, BlerkOne said:

Yes. IMO not worth to effort to save $8 vs getting your first choice of time and days.

Agreed would rather buy up front and pick when im there

12 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

You were given the answer and you didn't like it. It isn't the question or answer that is difficult.

Ok I took you off ignore as I can see you answered.

What is the way to book all your dining nights when i board...where do i go and talk to.

Just a simple answer please, no insults. 

Hub app? Go around to each venue? 

Just now, firefly333 said:

Ok I took you off ignore as I can see you answered.

What is the way to book all your dining nights when i board...where do i go and talk to.

Just a simple answer please, no insults. 

Hub app? Go around to each venue? 

Hub app would seem easiest, fastest, and eliminate face to face contact.

• Thanks 1

I'd gladly pay the extra $8 in order to have guaranteed dates/times and not have to jump through hoops. (Edit: disclaimer, I did just notice that it's an Excel suite perk already)

Now, if it was $10, well - that's another matter...  😉

Tom

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

Agreed would rather buy up front and pick when im there

Its just one time I want to wait. Have obc.

Breeze I can pre book... no obc to spend either leg. This is a one and only special deal for me to have a bunch of obc to spend on dining and tips for drinks..excursions. just vista was a rebook with obc. Nothing I've run into before.

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

If hub app works for all 7 nights great. 

JiJis might run out of food, maybe 7th night isn't the best idea? Just kidding. Your post made me think; I just assumed people bought the package on the Hub app and picked their time/date. Or would they have to book each venue on the day they wish to dine that evening?

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, MSarahM said:

Anyone know if the package is available on other ships, specifically the Magic?

Like the proverbial seafood tower, I don't know if my ship has it. Most likely will if ship has at least 3 pay/specialty dining venues.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kaybeebee said:

No it is an onboard promotion. You pay a few dollars more to prebook but get first dibs on your choice of date/time.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mondello said:

Like the proverbial seafood tower, I don't know if my ship has it. Most likely will if ship has at least 3 pay/specialty dining venues.

I've  never had it, I'm not used to eating a big meal at one sitting.,

I thought that seafood tower was in all steakhouses made for 2 to eat?