LAFFNVEGAS "LIVE" from the Nieuw Amsterdam, First HAL Ship to Sail!!

LAFFNVEGAS

1 minute ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Actually I think Room Service was probably a longer wait, Tom came back fairly quick despite being pack and his and my plain cheese pizza is already gone 😂 

Bravo!  Guess it's luck, I think I waited 45 minutes once.  And of course never did that again.

Have a good night.

• Like 1

Here is tonight’s When and Where for tomorrow and tonight’s (Tuesday)menu in case you would rather eat on the ship in ICP

When we arrived in ICP it was raining. It tends to rain here a lot. I am thinking when we return we will want to eat on board since it is a fairly good menu, then depending on weather take the long walk off the ship.

03E8EA4E-D3BA-4E0E-8825-A07A8E538803.jpeg

EC5AE84F-44FE-42A0-9B1C-063073517CB6.png

D119ABBE-FF6F-4062-A6B2-5A60665608C8.jpeg

• Like 13

5 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Lisa, the question was asked on another site, are there people that you are aware of on the ship who are not vaccinated?

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

All passengers were vaccinated on Hal. At least that is what we have been told.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Here is tonight’s When and Where for tomorrow and tonight’s (Tuesday)menu in case you would rather eat on the ship in ICP

When we arrived in ICP it was raining. It tends to rain here a lot. I am thinking when we return we will want to eat on board since it is a fairly good menu, then depending on weather take the long walk off the ship.

03E8EA4E-D3BA-4E0E-8825-A07A8E538803.jpeg

EC5AE84F-44FE-42A0-9B1C-063073517CB6.png

D119ABBE-FF6F-4062-A6B2-5A60665608C8.jpeg

Lisa,

Do you know if Lincoln Center is a duo, trio, or quartet?

2 hours ago, bluesplayer said:

Thank you for the updates  photos and memories..  pea soup and glacier viewing!!  Happy memories..  

I hear newer ships with Dutch Cafe have  pea soup every day??  Hoping so..

Yes, you can get "Erwten soep" / Split pea soup in the Grand Dutch Café on the two, soon to be three, ships that have one. Try a "Broodje Kroket" with it 😋

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Unfortunately have no idea, have not down by there in the evening yet.May can find out tomorrow night.

It's okay, I'm just happy they are doing it, Dad's favorite venue.

24 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Is this a tender stop? I've never been there.

It used to be a seasonal tender port (starting in 2004) until the 2016 Alaska season when a new 400' floating dock (see 1st pic) that can accommodate large cruise ships was constructed at Icy Strait Point in a joint venture by the Huna Totem Corporation, the town of Hoonah, and the state of Alaska 

HAL started calling at Icy Strait Point in 2010 when it was still a tender port, and continued there into 2016 utilizing the new pier.

blog-ship-icy.jpg

Ground was broken on a second cruise pier, financed by Norwegian Cruise Line, in June 2019 (see below pic). That pier was completed in 2020 with NCL having preferential berthing rights to it

Icy-Strait-Point-Cruise-Ship-Berth-II-Gallery1-1024x576.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Hi, Lisa

Another question we thought of--what about in-room movie availability?  On the older, smaller ships we could get a DVD to play on the TV.  I know the NA is a newer ship with newer TV and possibly on-demand, or?

Thank you so very much for all your insights and info; I feel like we're there with you when I read this thread; wish we were.

3 hours ago, dudeonthephone said:

Assuming they haven't made a change in the past couple of years, it's a quintet: two violins, a viola, a cello and a piano.

We really enjoy Lincoln Center performances and no, they’re not always a quintet... we’ve definitely seen quartets on more than one recent (pre-shutdown) cruise.

6 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Yes, you can get "Erwten soep" / Split pea soup in the Grand Dutch Café on the two, soon to be three, ships that have one. Try a "Broodje Kroket" with it 😋

I got so spoilt on the Koningsdam, popping down to the Grand Dutch Cafe for coffee and a snack! When we booked the Alaska cruise I was thinking of that again but then it dawned upon me that this dam ship does not have Grand Dutch Cafe. 😞 

• Like 1

Sitka is our favorite sail-in in Alaska!  Hope the weather cooperates today and you see lots of wildlife (not counting the bears at the rescue).  

If if you love chocolate, be sure to buy some of the locally made Theobroma brand bars.  Delish!  

Trivia:  what do you call a group of otters? 🤓

3 minutes ago, zelker said:

Sitka is our favorite sail-in in Alaska!  Hope the weather cooperates today and you see lots of wildlife (not counting the bears at the rescue).  

If if you love chocolate, be sure to buy some of the locally made Theobroma brand bars.  Delish!  

Trivia:  what do you call a group of otters? 🤓

A raft.

• Like 2