Pacific Encounter Heading To Europe

55 minutes ago, IMSYDNEYAUS said:

Pacific Encounter has left Singapore Outer Anchorage overnight (Fr 23 Jul 21) bound for the Suez Canal and eventually Cyprus.  Raises many questions!

I don't think there are any break up yards in Cyprus.🤔

Could it be transferred to other Carnival brand? Not earning any money stuck in port.☹️

As I said, it raises many questions.  Crew transfer, sounds the most plausible transferring crew from Asia to other Carnival Corp brands in Europe.  As they have just ‘Australianised’ Star Princess it’s not a product or brand that is well known to non Australian / New Zealand markets.

1 hour ago, IMSYDNEYAUS said:

As I said, it raises many questions.  Crew transfer, sounds the most plausible transferring crew from Asia to other Carnival Corp brands in Europe.  As they have just ‘Australianised’ Star Princess it’s not a product or brand that is well known to non Australian / New Zealand markets.

Interestingly, Diamond and Sapphire Princess are heading to Cyprus. They are due in Cyprus on 08August.

1 hour ago, woodscruise said:

Interestingly, Diamond and Sapphire Princess are heading to Cyprus. They are due in Cyprus on 08August.

I believe they are operating from there. But Cyprus has a big covid problem. Wont worry the poms and europeans though, they will fly there to catch the cruise.

Golden Princess aka Pacific Adventure is currently in wet dock in Singapore.  Pacific Explorer is currently alone in the area where Sapphire Princess carried out sea trials a month ago or thereabouts (not in the general anchorage area).  Better keep our eyes on them.  You don't pay big bucks to go through the Suez just to pick up crew.

I think they are maybe looking at doing some cruising from a more obliging country until we get our act together.  Sad that it has come to this.

21 hours ago, Ondine said:

Golden Princess aka Pacific Adventure is currently in wet dock in Singapore.  Pacific Explorer is currently alone in the area where Sapphire Princess carried out sea trials a month ago or thereabouts (not in the general anchorage area).  Better keep our eyes on them.  You don't pay big bucks to go through the Suez just to pick up crew.

I think they are maybe looking at doing some cruising from a more obliging country until we get our act together.  Sad that it has come to this.

Obliging country like Cyprus !! or Greece !!

It’s probably cheaper to pay the fee for Suez Canal than airfares and transfers .

Then there’s the chance of infection. Also the boat time is extra quarantine.

All the sydney P&O customers where at the march on the weekend.

Pore frustrated souls.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Ondine said:

Golden Princess aka Pacific Adventure is currently in wet dock in Singapore. 

Apparently Golden Princess aka Pacific Adventure was / is due to go in to dry dock next month to be converted in to the Pacific Adventure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Obliging country like Cyprus !! or Greece !!

Would make sense to sail from Cyprus/Greece.  I understand that Cyprus comes onto the green list for Britain soon and so fully vaccinated people don't have to quarantine after travelling.

What could be better, 2 brand new (second hand) ships, Encounter and Adventure, to make their maiden voyages fully refurbished.  Brits could fly out and enjoy P&O Orstralia hospitality and feel at home with English spoken and British food and entertainment just like at home!!  Could solve the problem what to do over our Aussie winter months in future.

Things aren't getting any better here with Jacinda now saying that all of Australia will be treated as one state for the Tasman bubble.  Not that sailing was part of it anyway.  Hate to say it but I think the rest of the 2021/22 season, or what is left of it will be cancelled soon by Princess and P&O.

I have 6 cabins booked on Pac Explorer for this NY but don't expect it to be a goer.  Booked 2 years ago.  Not to mention problems with vaccination age groups, grandchildren and testing protocols etc.  2 months ago I decided to have a "Plan B" and booked the same cabins for the following New Year cruise.  At $1 deposits what have I got to lose and at least it is something to look forward to when Plan A falls over.  Kids are delighted.

Someone please tell me this will end sometime before I am too old to sail.

On 7/24/2021 at 4:52 PM, IMSYDNEYAUS said:

Pacific Encounter has left Singapore Outer Anchorage overnight (Fr 23 Jul 21) bound for the Suez Canal and eventually Cyprus.  Raises many questions!

I think she might be heading for Limassol, Cyprus as it could be cheaper for them to anchor off Cyprus then it is to anchor off Singapore.