Seattle Testing and Health Screening Email Question

schittenden

I just received emails for my wife and I related to our upcoming Seattle departure. It has a bit blue button to register. It appears to be registering you for a COVID test at checkin. Based on the language of the email, it appears that I should only do a test if I’m an unvaccinated child. It never explicitly says that only unvaccinated children need to register though. It also seems odd that they would give me a button to click and allow me to register for a test given that celebrity knows that I am well over the age of 12 and required to be vaccinated by their own rules. I also find it strange that no one has asked me my vaccination status at this point. I kind of thought that’s what this link would do, but it never did. It only registered me for a COVID test. 

Am I missing something?

852DFE5A-6186-4230-9244-78D27B3758DF.jpeg

1 hour ago, lovemygiants said:

I read it the same. We’re vaccinated so no need to click that blue button. I did receive a phone call asking if we were vaccinated. 

Interesting. I find it weird that no one has asked us. Does your vaccination status show up anywhere on your paperwork?

@schittenden  Curious on the form what the last sentence says "The original vaccination certificate issued by the Country's Health Authority  OR .......

I'm still trying to figure out if they accept the California Digital Covid Certificate with QC code.   I'll bring my paper certificate anyway.    I don't like to carry it in my wallet as its getting a bit ragged.

1 hour ago, schittenden said:

Interesting. I find it weird that no one has asked us. Does your vaccination status show up anywhere on your paperwork?

I don’t see it anywhere on my paperwork but was told to bring my original vaccination card with me for verification. 

1 hour ago, schittenden said:

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

@schittenden  Curious on the form what the last sentence says "The original vaccination certificate issued by the Country's Health Authority  OR .......

I'm still trying to figure out if they accept the California Digital Covid Certificate with QC code.   I'll bring my paper certificate anyway.    I don't like to carry it in my wallet as its getting a bit ragged.

Yes, the new QC codes are very handy if anyone will accept them.  Agree with the flimsy paper card.  Hopefully the digital version will become standard soon.

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

It says:

• All guests 16 years and older must be fully vaccinated with all COVID-19 vaccine doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing. As of August 1, 2021, all guests age 12 and older must be fully vaccinated. Acceptable proof of vaccination must be in the form of the original vaccination record document issued by the country’s health authority or healthcare provider that administered the vaccination.

I can access my vaccination record online through the state of Maryland and generate a certificate of vaccination, but I'm bringing my paper card on the assumption that it is what they need.

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

FWIW, I've prepared for cruise/travel season by purchasing a passport cover which also has a clear pocket that holds the vaccine card. Carrying the actual card around makes me nervous, though. It's easier to replace a passport than a vaccine card. I wonder if any of the lines are planning to accept Clear, IATA Travel Pass, or other electronic option?

• Like 1