Recommended hotel near Manhattan cruise pier?

craig01020

3 hours ago, prbffd28 said:

I appreciate the response. To answer your questions we are flying into LGA and are looking for 4 possibly 5 rooms.

First, I agree with @markebabout this warranting its own thread.

Before you do that I'd suggest you think about your budget and what you want to do. Spending one day in Manhattan isn't going to permit you to do everything you might be considering so a little editing will help you create a doable list and it may also suggest the best neighborhood to stay in. 

You actually may do well price-wise for hotel rooms because Manhattan is often not particularly crowded on holiday weekends although that may be offset by it being Fleet Week. Often hotels in downtown Manhattan...the Wall St. area offer good pricing on weekends, but if that neighborhood is far from what you want to see it may not be a good choice because travel may eat up too much of your limited time .

I know that's not a lot of help, but doing the homework I'm suggesting will assist people in making recommendations, because of the wide range of hotels and neighborhoods in Manhattan .

On 12/2/2021 at 2:20 PM, markeb said:

I'd really suggest starting a clean thread. That's Memorial Day weekend, and Fleet Week. It can be done, but it may not be easy...

We are in nyc every Memorial Day weekend ( with the exception of the last two years) we found this a perfect time to go , normally great weather.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for your feedback but we've decided not to fly in the day before. Although we would love to so we could see the sites there is no way to know when our flights would arrive as we are going through NCL for them. It's only a 1 1/2 hour flight from Portland so "in theory" shouldn't be an issue getting to the port on time, plus we have NCL transfers too. We'll have to visit NYC another time, maybe when it's just the two of us instead of having to watch over such a large group. Thanks again, I appreciate it!

• 1 month later...
On 7/25/2021 at 11:29 AM, BirdTravels said:

We always stay up around Times Sq. It is up the road from the port and a lot more to do and see. It will be a bit more expensive, but if we are spending time in NYC, might as well stay somewhere within walking distance of the sites (Times Sq, Rockefeller center, theater district, etc.)

Have you ever stayed at the Marriott Downtown. 

I have 2 options with points. Holiday inn express on 48th street a couple of blocks room the terminal plus a free breakfast.  Also the Marriott Downtown which I think is very close to ground zero. I am not sure how long it would take to get to the cruise port from their on a Wednesday morning. Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, Topdog52 said:

I have 2 options with points. Holiday inn express on 48th street a couple of blocks room the terminal plus a free breakfast.  Also the Marriott Downtown which I think is very close to ground zero. I am not sure how long it would take to get to the cruise port from their on a Wednesday morning. Any thoughts?

It all depends on traffic, which is widely, and wildly 😁 variable. From the Marriott Downtown to the cruise terminal can take as little as 20 or 25 minutes in light traffic. I'd give it 35- 45 minutes because when is traffic ever light in Manhattan on a weekday morning? 😉

On 2/13/2022 at 10:53 PM, Topdog52 said:

Have you ever stayed at the Marriott Downtown. 

we stayed there last 4th of July.  Very close to the 911 Memorial.  Also very close to the Hudson river and Battery Park at the bottom of Manhattan.  Lots of parks and great places to walk.  Good restaurants a few blocks east or north.  We had a large room on an upper floor with great river and New Jersey views

9 hours ago, Nitemare said:

we stayed there last 4th of July.  Very close to the 911 Memorial.  Also very close to the Hudson river and Battery Park at the bottom of Manhattan.  Lots of parks and great places to walk.  Good restaurants a few blocks east or north.  We had a large room on an upper floor with great river and New Jersey views

Thank You!! We are arriving at LGA at 10:45, so I hope we will have some time in the afternoon to see the 911 Memorial. I am thinking the Burder Bar at the hotels or walking up to O'Hara's