Harmony of the seas 15th Aug updates

6 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

I really need to know how likely spain, france or italy will move from amber to amber plus or red. Dont mind if stays amber as double jabbed. But its a risk it could move when away. 

France are already amber+, fingers crossed that will change but as it stands it is 10 days quarantine upon return.

I have just realised if the Italian government don't change their stance, we won't actually be able to get off in Italy!

It's not shaping up to be a cruise worth going on anymore really! 

Perhaps things will improve over the next few weeks.  Just read a story that UK's numbers are dropping and have been for 7 days now.  That's good, perhaps this latest surge is on the way down, if so other countries should follow...Spain's numbers a bit down the last 5 days too....

We are on the TA 10/31 from Barcelona so watching all these earlier cruises carefully...final pay for us is in one week.

8 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

Perhaps things will improve over the next few weeks.  Just read a story that UK's numbers are dropping and have been for 7 days now.  That's good, perhaps this latest surge is on the way down, if so other countries should follow...Spain's numbers a bit down the last 5 days too....

We are on the TA 10/31 from Barcelona so watching all these earlier cruises carefully...final pay for us is in one week.

Our number have almost  halved in a week which is good, but too early to tell as dosnt include the data of opening up nightclubs etc. 

Just wish there was more info from RCL, rarher then. "Check local policy"

• Like 1

Now even more confusing....

So harmony leaves barcelona on the 29th and stops in Italy on the 2nd sep where it will pick up more passengers before returning to barcelona on the 5th of sep. 

The onboard rules are the same for both ports of embarkation except for those getting on board in Italy are subject to daily temp checks. Those getting on at Barcelona are NOT.(so far)

UK people can fly to spain, no test or isolation for Vacc people or children. Unbac need a test

UK people flying to Italy for the cruise all have to isolate and test for 5 days before getting on the ship.

Thankfully if your in italy for less then 36 hrs ie a transit then you do not need to isolate. However not sure if your joining a cruise.......

Surely the rules onboard should be the same for both embarkation ports!!! Stopping mid cruise for more passengers is just silly me thinks.

56 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Now even more confusing....

I think the rules are set by the authorities of the departure ports. I know MSC have been doing temperature checks and their ships depart from Italian ports.

Also, if you scroll further down the Rome requirements, you'll see that passengers disembarking in

Barcelona have to do an antigen test in the two days before, as required by the Spanish authorities, whereas this is not needed for passengers disembarking in Rome.

It's all a complete mess. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they cancelled the Rome embarkations altogether.

1 minute ago, FionaMG said:

I think the rules are set by the authorities of the departure ports. I know MSC have been doing temperature checks and their ships depart from Italian ports.

Also, if you scroll further down the Rome requirements, you'll see that passengers disembarking in

Barcelona have to do an antigen test in the two days before, as required by the Spanish authorities, whereas this is not needed for passengers disembarking in Rome.

It's all a complete mess. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they cancelled the Rome embarkations altogether.

Yeah i dont mind the free test as need it to fly back to the UK. 

Just cancel ports and move italy people free to barcelona and just float around the med. Sun sea and drinks

• Like 1

Guest BigRoger
10 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Sounds like even more hoops  to jump through for everyone.

Jimbo We get it…. You don’t want to, have no intention of, and want everyone to know you won’t be sailing anytime soon…. Totally respect that choice but maybe not need to tell everyone how bad things are in every post??? Be happy….. and cruise again in the future

1 hour ago, Preziosa said:

Familycruiser what Cruise are you on....

29th Aug, at the mo. But 95% sure we going to have to cancel. Just too much isaies and different rules for spain france and italy coming from the uk. Just cant see it getting any better

14 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

According to their other post likely the 8/15 Harmony sailing. Use @FamilyCruiserUK to notify that poster. 

Off topic, but, I've tried and failed at "tagging" posters in the past.  Care to share how to do it? 

Steeler who would be ever so grateful to learn a new trick.  😂😂

We Can still not make Online check in, so I am still not sure that They Will start the first Cruise 15. Th of august. It is also time for booking testtime in the terminal. They Said 14 to 18 days before the Cruise. Time is running...

1 minute ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Care to share how to do it? 

Start typing with the “@“ and then keep typing the poster name, you will get dwindling choices as the number of possible posters decreases with each letter. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/26/2021 at 3:00 PM, Kbonner said:

I am with LTA, you should know, its one of the largest here. I have a written response from them that Covid is not insured in case you enter a high risk country

"If you fall ill at your vacation destination and require medical assistance, insurance cover is provided if there was no travel warning for the travel area prior to entry."

Try the Allianz travel insurance. Covid is covered even with a "Reisewarnung", and you´ll get a prepaid credit card. From their website:

Wenn Sie bei Allianz Travel eine Reise-Krankenversicherung abgeschlossen haben, sind Sie im Ausland umfassend geschützt. Sollten Sie sich während Ihrer Auslandsreise mit dem Corona-Virus infizieren, sind die vor Ort anfallenden medizinisch notwendigen Behandlungskosten oder ein Kranken-Rücktransport grundsätzlich versichert. Das gilt auch für Reisen in Gebiete oder Länder, für die das Auswärtige Amt eine COVID-19-bedingte Reisewarnung ausgegeben hat. In den allgemeinen Versicherungsbedingungen ist zwar grundsätzlich geregelt, dass kein Versicherungsschutz besteht, wenn das Auswärtige Amt für Ihr Reiseland eine Reisewarnung ausgesprochen hat. Da es sich bei der Corona-Pandemie um eine länderübergreifende Situation handelt und das Auswärtige Amt zwischenzeitlich zudem eindeutig zwischen regulären Reisewarnungen und COVID-19-bedingten Reisewarnungen unterscheidet, gewähren wir in der Reise-Krankenversicherung Versicherungsschutz, sofern für Ihr Reiseziel ausschließlich eine COVID-19-bedingte Reisewarnung ausgesprochen wurde. Besteht für Ihr Reiseziel bei Einreise eine nicht COVID-19-bedingte Reisewarnung des Auswärtigen Amtes, besteht in der Reise-Krankenversicherung jedoch kein Versicherungsschutz.