John Heald walking tours of Mardi Gras on FB

21 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

The insides should be about 185 sq ft on both ships.  Ironically, the insides on the MG are going to be slightly smaller.

This is why we opted for the premium inside category - there are only a few dozen of these on Mardi Gras.  The actual SF is similar to what we had on Sensation, but the longer and slimmer and more efficient layout with a sofa and a little walking space between it and the desk, will work a lot better for us than the cramped squarish layout on Fantasy class. We'll post photos after. We were on an inside on Oasis of the Seas with a very similar layout to this PI on Mardi Gras and it was much better use of space than on Carnival Sensation.

15 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Go on NCL'S website or better yet, do a search on YouTube and check out the Prima.   It will be a game changer for NCL similar to how the Mardi Gras will be a game changer for Carnival.  We will be on her for Halloween 2022 on a repo cruise from Galveston to Miami for 11 days with stops at Cozumel, Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao and Great Stirrup Cay, along with 5 days at sea.  We'll be back on her again in September of 2023 for a 14 day cruise out of London going to Dublin, Belfast, 3 stops in Iceland and 3 stops in Norway.

We are curious about NCL Prima.  Last NCL cruise was on The Norway many, many years ago, lol.  I've searched for more info on ship layout and amenities, but so far I see a lot of blank/TBD areas.  I will have to go searching again.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RoperDK said:

We are curious about NCL Prima.  Last NCL cruise was on The Norway many, many years ago, lol.  I've searched for more info on ship layout and amenities, but so far I see a lot of blank/TBD areas.  I will have to go searching again.  

Here is a link to a video on YouTube that will whet your appetite.  After that I'll follow up with an hour long live stream that will go into more details.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR9H9YEd_lk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WdI9cW5DUM&t=386s

• Thanks 1

A few things I found of note from John Heald's postings over the weekend:

• He posted snapshots of the Fun Times for the first two days, which I've attached
  • There are about 4200 guests onboard.  I don't know the capacity of the Mardi Gras, but that number sounds like 70-80% of capacity, depending on how it's measured.
  • I noted the breakfast hours in the Mardi Gras breakfast options thread

Mardi-Gras-0731-1.jpg

Mardi-Gras-0731-2.jpg

Mardi-Gras-0801-1.jpg

Mardi-Gras-0801-2.jpg

24 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

A few things I found of note from John Heald's postings over the weekend:

• There are about 4200 guests onboard.  I don't know the capacity of the Mardi Gras, but that number sounds like 70-80% of capacity, depending on how it's measured.

According to Wikipedia (for the Mardi Gras )

• 5,282 passengers (double occupancy)
  • 6,500 passengers (maximum capacity)

So, if we go by her MAX capacity, 4200 guests would represent about 65%.

Did he ever say how things broke down age-wise? I have not seen many kids (even mid-teens) on the few videos I've watched.

Tom

4 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

According to Wikipedia (for the Mardi Gras )

• 5,282 passengers (double occupancy)
  • 6,500 passengers (maximum capacity)

So, if we go by her MAX capacity, 4200 guests would represent about 65%.

Did he ever say how things broke down age-wise? I have not seen many kids (even mid-teens) on the few videos I've watched.

Thanks for the stats.  I only saw a post where he gave the 4200 number.  He could have buried more detail in one of his videos (which I didn't watch).

While I'm here, he posted today's newsletter, so let me do the same here:

Mardi-Gras-0802-1.jpg

Mardi-Gras-0802-2.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Mr. Heald and the rest of the Mardi Gras passengers are in Amber Cove today.  This is today's Fun Times:

Mardi-Gras-0804-1.thumb.jpg.2c16c2d6919e99e441452079661d1fc1.jpgMardi-Gras-0804-2.thumb.jpg.20c9365a8445bef94cb3393ddd4697ec.jpg

Moved the violins to the Smokehouse - interesting!  (At least giving the Backyard Band the night off)  🙂

Tom