Live from American Jazz Jun 25 Nashville to Memphis

We boarded American Jazz today for the Music Cities cruise from Nashville to Memphis. This is the 1st cruise after the boat was stuck on the sandbar for 9 days. The Captain is Scott Broussard and we're told he's the Capt who got Jazz off the sandbar.

Crew is helpful and friendly. Service and food were excellent at lunch. We're off to a great start. 

Yesterday was an included 1nt pre-cruise stay at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel and a fantastic show at the Grand Ole Opry.

On the back of the  lunch menu are the for choices for dinner. You submit you request ahead of time and can even ask for a 1/2 portion.

Cabin Cat AAM is spacious and has plenty of storage. I'm happy to answer any questions.

american-jazz-riverboat-2021_C47557C8-5056-A36A-0A81D96AFBF49047_c4d7185f-5056-a36a-0a414bcba76f6d75.jpg

20210725_163730.jpg

20210725_163722.jpg

20210725_122013.jpg

20210725_121841.jpg

20210725_122145.jpg

20210725_144607.jpg

20210725_133108.jpg

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Like 3

I forgot to mention....and it was too late to edit my earlier post. There are 114 passengers onboard with full capacity of 190. 

Tonight, after the show, there will be "Night Owl's Club" where you can grab a late night drink and listen to some more tunes from this evening's entertainer.  

I knew we would hear from you.  I feel so much better about our cruise this weekend on Jazz returning to Nashville.  Saw on the map were you were on your way and glad they have their act together.  I figured you would be full, so glad you only have 114, hope we are the same.  Good review and great start!  I will check it on your cruise if you post more, we leave early Friday morning 

14 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

We boarded American Jazz today for the Music Cities cruise from Nashville to Memphis. This is the 1st cruise after the boat was stuck on the sandbar for 9 days. The Captain is Scott Broussard and we're told he's the Capt who got Jazz off the sandbar.

Crew is helpful and friendly. Service and food were excellent at lunch. We're off to a great start. 

Yesterday was an included 1nt pre-cruise stay at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel and a fantastic show at the Grand Ole Opry.

On the back of the  lunch menu are the for choices for dinner. You submit you request ahead of time and can even ask for a 1/2 portion.

Cabin Cat AAM is spacious and has plenty of storage. I'm happy to answer any questions.

american-jazz-riverboat-2021_C47557C8-5056-A36A-0A81D96AFBF49047_c4d7185f-5056-a36a-0a414bcba76f6d75.jpg

20210725_163730.jpg

20210725_163722.jpg

20210725_122013.jpg

20210725_121841.jpg

20210725_122145.jpg

20210725_144607.jpg

20210725_133108.jpg

Was the show at the grand ole Oort included in the pre cruise package?

15 hours ago, Texasramblinreck said:

I knew we would hear from you.  I feel so much better about our cruise this weekend on Jazz returning to Nashville.  Saw on the map were you were on your way and glad they have their act together.  I figured you would be full, so glad you only have 114, hope we are the same.  Good review and great start!  I will check it on your cruise if you post more, we leave early Friday morning 

I'll see if I can find out how many will be on your cruise. In Clarksville today. So far everything is great and I'm sure it will continue that way.b

Hi Sue (and Jim),

Thank you for posting your "First Impressions".

We were hoping that you would keep us posted on your first ACL experience.  Sounds like things have started well -- based on our experiences with ACL (pre-Covid).  Hope your expectations continue to be met (exceeded).

Enjoy the rest of your "first ACL cruise -- perhaps the start of a new chapter of "Cruise Experiences".  

We still have to wait until September to resume our "cruising experiences" 😒

NRayH

1 hour ago, vino100 said:

Is the bar only open during happy hour ? Or can you buy drinks at other times. 

You don't buy drinks on ACL, they are included.  Drinks are available at lunch, at happy hour, during dinner, and during the post-dinner entertainment.

7 hours ago, DaveinCharlotte said:

You don't buy drinks on ACL, they are included.  Drinks are available at lunch, at happy hour, during dinner, and during the post-dinner entertainment.

Thanks for the info. 

On 7/26/2021 at 10:31 AM, Ray in NH said:

Hi Sue (and Jim),

Thank you for posting your "First Impressions".

We were hoping that you would keep us posted on your first ACL experience.  Sounds like things have started well -- based on our experiences with ACL (pre-Covid).  Hope your expectations continue to be met (exceeded).

Enjoy the rest of your "first ACL cruise -- perhaps the start of a new chapter of "Cruise Experiences".  

We still have to wait until September to resume our "cruising experiences" 😒

NRayH

An "on the river" day as we head to Paducah. Definitely enjoying the experience and will post more later. 

I was happy to read about your Jazz cruise. We too are booked on Jazz from Memphis to New Orleans in September. We're excited. You mentioned the bar hours but does this mean you can't get a Bloody Mary in the morning?  Thanks. 

On 8/2/2021 at 8:50 AM, petlover said:

I was happy to read about your Jazz cruise. We too are booked on Jazz from Memphis to New Orleans in September. We're excited. You mentioned the bar hours but does this mean you can't get a Bloody Mary in the morning?  Thanks. 

Good question. The bar was not open in the a.m. at all. I don't know if you could order a drink at breakfast....like a Mimosa or Bloody Mary....as I didn't see anyone dining around me do it. Hopefully another cruiser may be able to give you an answer.

31 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Good question. The bar was not open in the a.m. at all. I don't know if you could order a drink at breakfast....like a Mimosa or Bloody Mary....as I didn't see anyone dining around me do it. Hopefully another cruiser may be able to give you an answer.

We never saw any Bloody Marys or Mimosas at breakfast on our Puget Sound cruise. DH did get tomato juice for breakfast, though.

17 hours ago, nybumpkin said:

We never saw any Bloody Marys or Mimosas at breakfast on our Puget Sound cruise. DH did get tomato juice for breakfast, though.

Cannot recall ever seeing anyone order either a Bloody Mary, or Mimosa, at breakfast.  However, ACL does not have restrictions about bringing your own "Drink Fix-ins" (alcoholic, or other-wise) aboard with you. 😇

NRayH