Ontario Vaccine Receipt - will this work?

LucasLounger1

I've been following the fall out from the Royal Caribbean vaccine/mixed doses issue.  I have AZ for my first and Moderna for #2. 

I downloaded the Receipt from this website https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/app-menu?viewId=4R7AJ8W47K2W .  Printed it, and it is watermarked. 

It shows I got Moderna on June 22, and says "YOU HAVE RECEIVED 2 VALID DOSE(S)". 

Nowhere does it say the first was AZ, or that it was too far in the past.

So, is this not enough?  

Ontarians, have a look and see what your opinion is. Of course, the opinion that really matters is RCI, but still.

Thanks, 

LOL....great loop hole! I’d run with it! 
there are 2(separate sheets),one for each dose, but you are correct, the second shot sheet does say you had “your second dose”, not what each was! 
Celebrity told me they will accept provincial proof, but my money is on “the need for a federal proof” in the future, or no proof at all. Vaccinated persons can get Covid, so why are they even asking for it?.....maybe litigation reasons, or attempting to persuade cruisers to return?? 

This "loop hole" has been discussed in numerous threads here and on cruise line boards. The bottom line is that ever since the whole issue of non-acceptance of mixed vaccines arose, the possibility has been discussed that the cruise lines will want to see both the 1st and 2nd shot documents. That would enable them to confirm that you are fully vaccinated to the standard established by the cruise lines. 

28 minutes ago, Robjame said:

Another reason to have a TA - have TA submit a copy to Celebrity (or whomever) to see if it is adequate.
Keep a copy of the TA’s response.

That is a great suggestion, although having a TA is not necessary.

I'm thinking that prior to final payment a phone call to your cruise line requesting confirmation that your vaccination proof qualifies.

The short answer is that we don't know, and probably won't until someone from Ontario sails and reports back.

I'd still like to know the answer myself, although in my case, it's moot.  I used a different email address when I contacted RCCL about their latest policy change, but, not surprisingly, they connected the dots.  So now I've outright told them that my vaccination status doesn't meet their current policy.  No hope of sliding under the radar for me.  🙃

I probably wouldn't have chanced it anyway.  At least not without confirmation from multiple people that the final record was all they showed.

1 hour ago, mabt said:

The short answer is that we don't know, and probably won't until someone from Ontario sails and reports back.

I'd still like to know the answer myself, although in my case, it's moot.  I used a different email address when I contacted RCCL about their latest policy change, but, not surprisingly, they connected the dots.  So now I've outright told them that my vaccination status doesn't meet their current policy.  No hope of sliding under the radar for me.  🙃

I probably wouldn't have chanced it anyway.  At least not without confirmation from multiple people that the final record was all they showed.

We are in the exact same situation as you, other than using the different email.  This is really turning out to be very poor customer service on their part.  What does it say when you can pay extra for testing and be limited to where you can go if you never received a single dose of the vaccine, but those who did get 2 doses (either mixed or just one type) are considered fully unvaccinated if they did not get them within 42 days.  Once again, money talks.

4 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

We are in the exact same situation as you, other than using the different email.  This is really turning out to be very poor customer service on their part.  What does it say when you can pay extra for testing and be limited to where you can go if you never received a single dose of the vaccine, but those who did get 2 doses (either mixed or just one type) are considered fully unvaccinated if they did not get them within 42 days.  Once again, money talks.

Yeah, I'm sure that extra two days (in my case) makes all the difference.  Clearly, I am a danger to myself and others.  🙄

It's a tough situation.  I'll hold on until I can't, in hopes that they come around in time.  I do think they will change the policy (again), because they seem to be the only organization drawing this 42-day line.  Even the CDC doesn't require it.  They have made it up themselves, and they're going to lose business over it.  But every day I wait, I am running the risk that the flights I need will spike.  And if that happens, I'll probably throw in the towel.

2 minutes ago, mabt said:

It's a tough situation.  I'll hold on until I can't, in hopes that they come around in time.  I do think they will change the policy (again), because they seem to be the only organization drawing this 42-day line.  Even the CDC doesn't require it.  They have made it up themselves, and they're going to lose business over it.  But every day I wait, I am running the risk that the flights I need will spike.  And if that happens, I'll probably throw in the towel.

Unfortunately, we have sunk thousands of dollars into non-refundable flights about 10 days ago since it appeared that everything was going ahead for us.  We can get an airline credit for one of our flights if we cancel it in the next 3 days, but then if we do that and we are told we can go on the ship, we would have to repurchase flights and they now cost double what I got them for 10 days ago.

I emailed the CDC directly today to ask them if they consider me as double vaccinated since my two doses of Pfizer were administered just beyond 42 days apart.  If they get back to me and I can show that directly to RCCL that the CDC acknowledges me as being fully vaccinated, I do not understand how RCCL can say I am not according to what the CDC says.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2021 at 3:13 PM, LucasLounger1 said:

I've been following the fall out from the Royal Caribbean vaccine/mixed doses issue.  I have AZ for my first and Moderna for #2. 

I downloaded the Receipt from this website https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/app-menu?viewId=4R7AJ8W47K2W .  Printed it, and it is watermarked. 

It shows I got Moderna on June 22, and says "YOU HAVE RECEIVED 2 VALID DOSE(S)". 

Nowhere does it say the first was AZ, or that it was too far in the past.

So, is this not enough?  

Ontarians, have a look and see what your opinion is. Of course, the opinion that really matters is RCI, but still.

Thanks, 

Although others may get on at you for asking a question that is posted in other threads, I will assume you have not read them and I am happy to provide you with your answer.

According to RCCL, they consider you UNVACCINATED.  You cannot mix Astra Zenaca with another vaccine.  We have 2 Pfizer doses and they are now telling us we are also considered UNVACCINATED because the number of dates between our 2 shots was greater than 42.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

Unfortunately, we have sunk thousands of dollars into non-refundable flights about 10 days ago since it appeared that everything was going ahead for us.  We can get an airline credit for one of our flights if we cancel it in the next 3 days, but then if we do that and we are told we can go on the ship, we would have to repurchase flights and they now cost double what I got them for 10 days ago.

I emailed the CDC directly today to ask them if they consider me as double vaccinated since my two doses of Pfizer were administered just beyond 42 days apart.  If they get back to me and I can show that directly to RCCL that the CDC acknowledges me as being fully vaccinated, I do not understand how RCCL can say I am not according to what the CDC says.

I totally hear you on the flights.  I have a couple thousand dollars tied up in flights from Montreal to New York that I hope not to take, whether or not we go ahead with the cruise.  Those are on Air Canada, and the way I understand their policy is that they are cancellable for non-expiring credit, which is good enough for me.  We'll use them eventually.

I was about to pull the trigger on non-refundable flights from New York to Nassau on Friday, and then I saw the policy change.  I could buy refundable tickets, but it would cost a lot more, and I'm not sure I'm willing to pay it.  Especially if we aren't able to drive to New York and have to use those Montreal flights.  So I wait, and watch, and hope that the current price holds.

I think the CDC policy is pretty clear that the 42 day thing is recommended - even strongly recommended - but ultimately not required.  It would be helpful if you can get unambiguous confirmation for your specific circumstance though.

I have my fingers crossed for both of us!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mabt said:

I totally hear you on the flights.  I have a couple thousand dollars tied up in flights from Montreal to New York that I hope not to take, whether or not we go ahead with the cruise.  Those are on Air Canada, and the way I understand their policy is that they are cancellable for non-expiring credit, which is good enough for me.  We'll use them eventually.

I was about to pull the trigger on non-refundable flights from New York to Nassau on Friday, and then I saw the policy change.  I could buy refundable tickets, but it would cost a lot more, and I'm not sure I'm willing to pay it.  Especially if we aren't able to drive to New York and have to use those Montreal flights.  So I wait, and watch, and hope that the current price holds.

I think the CDC policy is pretty clear that the 42 day thing is recommended - even strongly recommended - but ultimately not required.  It would be helpful if you can get unambiguous confirmation for your specific circumstance though.

I have my fingers crossed for both of us!

Our Air Canada tickets out of Toronto can get that credit as well, but you have to apply for that credit prior to July 31, so as of Sunday, they become non-refundable tickets.  Our tickets back home are with Delta and were significantly cheaper, thus non-refundable.

I agree the 42-day thing is strongly encouraged, but not required.  They say they 

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7011e2.htm

Two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines are required for optimal vaccine effectiveness (1). During the first 2 months of the U.S. COVID-19 vaccination program, among persons who received a first dose and had sufficient time to receive the second dose, 88.0% had completed the series and 3.4% had missed the second dose. Among all persons who received a second dose, the majority (95.6%) had done so within the recommended interval. These data are reassuring; however, the groups prioritized to receive vaccine during this period were more likely to have been vaccinated at their work site or residence, including health care workers (2) and long-term care facility residents*** (3), which might have facilitated adherence to the recommended schedule. As priority groups broaden, adherence to the recommended dosing interval might decrease. Although the second dose should be administered as close to the recommended interval as possible, it may be administered up to 42 days after the first dose when a delay is unavoidable.††† If the second dose is administered beyond the allowable interval, the series does not need to be restarted.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

Our Air Canada tickets out of Toronto can get that credit as well, but you have to apply for that credit prior to July 31, so as of Sunday, they become non-refundable tickets.  Our tickets back home are with Delta and were significantly cheaper, thus non-refundable.

Are you sure?  I admit that I'm wary, but the currently stated policy seems to be that tickets can be cancelled for credit up to two hours prior to departure.

See "terms and conditions" here: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/book/travel-news-and-updates/2020/covid-19.html

It changes all the time, so might have changed since you booked?

Also it looks like they've extended that policy now to August 31, so that might give you (and me!) some breathing space.  Doesn't help with your return tickets, of course, but if you do end up having to cancel you should at least get the Air Canada credit.

I really am optimistic that this will be sorted out before your sail date.  But it is really hard to hold on when you have money on the line, and the prospect of no vacation at all if it doesn't pan out.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mabt said:

Are you sure?  I admit that I'm wary, but the currently stated policy seems to be that tickets can be cancelled for credit up to two hours prior to departure.

See "terms and conditions" here: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/book/travel-news-and-updates/2020/covid-19.html

It changes all the time, so might have changed since you booked?

Also it looks like they've extended that policy now to August 31, so that might give you (and me!) some breathing space.  Doesn't help with your return tickets, of course, but if you do end up having to cancel you should at least get the Air Canada credit.

I really am optimistic that this will be sorted out before your sail date.  But it is really hard to hold on when you have money on the line, and the prospect of no vacation at all if it doesn't pan out.

Thanks for sharing that with me.  I love it when people on CruiseCritic are helpful and courteous like you and do not just argue and insult each other.  You are right.  The credit can now be claimed up til August 31st.  It used to be July 31st and I took a screen shot to prove it if they question me if I applied for it.  

• Like 3

Ok RCCL what is so hard to understand about the wording on the CDC page?  This is really obvious for anyone with a brain.  CDC's exact wording "can be considered fully vaccinate"

Interval between mRNA doses

The second dose of Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines should be administered as close to the recommended interval as possible, but not earlier than recommended (i.e., 3 weeks [Pfizer-BioNTech] or 1 month [Moderna]). However, individuals who receive the second dose up to 4 days before or at any time after the recommended date can be considered fully vaccinated.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/clinical-considerations/covid-19-vaccines-us.html

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

Thanks for sharing that with me.  I love it when people on CruiseCritic are helpful and courteous like you and do not just argue and insult each other.  You are right.  The credit can now be claimed up til August 31st.  It used to be July 31st and I took a screen shot to prove it if they question me if I applied for it.  

Aw, thanks.  Your posts have been super helpful to me too!

Still nothing from RCCL's executive office, but I'm actually taking that to be a good sign.  There would be little point in replying just to say "yeah, nothing has changed".  I'm choosing to believe that they are waiting until they have positive news to report.

Either that, or they're just ignoring me now.  😂

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

In the words of Regis Philbin from who wants to be a millionaire, “Michael Bayley, CEO of RCCL, is that your final answer?

0E0A3F10-6E0E-42B9-8C14-5D439668A3AE.png

Yeah, problem is that we've heard that answer before, haven't we?

Wouldn't actually help me much, because my mRNA doses *are* mixed (and outside 42 days), but I would be happy for you if it sticks.  Also puts my husband in the clear.

I did hear back from the executive office just now.  She said (I am paraphrasing): "sit tight".

I think there will be some policy revision announced soon.

ETA: Just realized that came directly from Michael Bayley, so that does seem promising!

Edited by mabt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mabt said:

ETA: Just realized that came directly from Michael Bayley, so that does seem promising!

If it had come from a lower source, I would fully agree with you but as you noticed at the end, this response was right from Mr. Bayley.  I appreciate his bad Dad jokes he shares, but I appreciated this response so much more.

Edited by Russ Lomas
add more
  • Like 1