Tips for Cruising with Friends

NBliving

1 hour ago, Joy R said:

My friends suggested that I go on the same cruise as them.  It’s the first cruise I’ve taken since being on my own, and I really appreciate their idea, but although we’ve agreed that we’ll have dinner together I’m very aware that I don’t want to intrude on them as a couple all the time.  In the past I’ve always cruised as a couple, and this will be difficult, especially on port days.  I don’t want to do ships excursions, as they are always very expensive and too regimented,  but going off the ship on one’s own……

Any tips for someone in my situation?

Hi, 🙂I only sail solo and have for almost 20 years.  I can suggest checking out the roll call for your cruise and see what is happening on there. Many times you can meet others and join in on private tours.

It is a nice way to meet others as well.  As for ship tours? Sometimes they really are not that expensive (in my opinion) and depending on the port you are in? Well, I have taken many ship tours over the years and some have been quite good and you can meet other folks that way was  as well.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2021 at 12:25 PM, Lois R said:

I can suggest checking out the roll call for your cruise and see what is happening on there. Many times you can meet others and join in on private tours.

It is a nice way to meet others as well. 

This is a great idea for everyone!  I have always been satisfied with private tours, often arranged by someone in the roll call. I rarely enjoy ship tours.

• Like 1