2:20 pm post-cruise flight from FLL - Suggestions on things to do?

Mystictraveler

4 minutes ago, Mystictraveler said:

Will be on the Edge in a couple of weeks. I am assuming we'll go to airport and check-in our luggage after we disembark. Looking for suggestions for things to do away from the airport to kill a few hours?

I have gone down to Hollywood for a few hours on the brick walk.  Lots of places to eat and other things to do.

10 minutes ago, HskrCrsr said:

I assume you looked at the excursions on that day?

image.png.103ec6a7f4097d7ff9414b7622d54d03.png

This might make arrival at FLL a little tight, but some people are comfortable with that.

Thanks. Yes I checked them out. We have done the first one so no need to repeat. Don't think the DW would go for the airboat ride.

7 hours ago, HskrCrsr said:

I assume you looked at the excursions on that day?

image.png.103ec6a7f4097d7ff9414b7622d54d03.png

This might make arrival at FLL a little tight, but some people are comfortable with that.

Most cruise line excursions will have a "for flights leaving after X:00 pm" caveat.  They do not want to be blamed for a passenger missing their flight.

OP - One other thing to consider about your plan.  Some (most?) airlines at FLL don't allow early check-in (defined as more than 3 or 4 hours in advance of the flight) due to limited baggage space especially on weekends and in the high season.  So check with your airline for their rules.  There is a baggage storage area at FLL.  Check out Bags to Go at www.bagstogo.net. 

For things to do in Fort Lauderdale check out www.sunny.org.  The water taxi (www.waertaxi.com) is great fun; a combination of sightseeing and transportation.

• Like 1