Check In Process Changing Online???

drolltroll

I know this can be fluid about the health assessment and the vaccine attestation, but I just got off the Horizon last Saturday and there were two different and specific links to click on in the cruise manager, one for the health questions and another link simply a yes or no question about if you are or are not vaccinated. These had to be done before sailing. My sister and her husband are sailing tomorrow on the Mardi Gras and they are saying nowhere in their cruise manager is there a question about are you vaccinated or not. 

Does anyone know if this is part of the health assessment now rather than a completely separate link? They are unsure if it was in their health assessment or not and are currently traveling.

I have the link for are you vaccinated as do all my roll calls. My link has a green check mark.

If this isnt filled out i have heard of cases where they were denied boarding. One case carnival cancelled the booking and the op had a debit card and insufficient credit to fix it and board. From a owner of a parking lot in Galveston who was the one called to take op to the bank and try and fix it.

They need to call about this glitch. 

Edited by firefly333

16 minutes ago, drolltroll said:

And even I know if nothing has changed, his freaking answer to them is just wrong!

I think so too. Many on my roll call have screen shot the question after hearing you cant board if you don't have it answered or a exemption letter. 

Call someone else. I agree with you. He needs carnival to have this to board.

All 3 of mine look like this..the 2nd of 3 says vaccination status.

20210730_101704.jpg

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

My Sept cruise had the single question of vaccinated or not a couple of weeks ago.

Is it possible that they failed to see the question in time, and now it is too close to the sailing date to gather the info?  I would suggest they call Carnival directly, skipping past the PVP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They just called him again and he says if they were going to cancel them, their booking would not be on there this late in the game. PVP supposedly has notified someone to call him when they are on board but they have been looking for this link for over a week now, ever since I told them about it a few days before I boarded the Horizon on the 18th. Is it possible brother in law overlooked it somehow, I guess but I sure hope that is not the case!

20 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

My Sept cruise had the single question of vaccinated or not a couple of weeks ago.

Same for our cruise on Magic in 2 weeks.  Just the vaccination question.  No other health questions like before.

When we cruised we were required to print and fill out a questionnaire. They had plenty of blank ones at the port if people didn't bring with. If they don't have their vaccination cards - big problem.

Edited by BlerkOne
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

When we cruised we were required to print and fill out a questionnaire. They had plenty of blank ones at the port if people didn't bring with. If they don't have their vaccination cards - big problem.

Blerk, is that the questionnaire you posted a link for 2 or 3 weeks ago? If it is, you may want to post it again, for the benefit of those who missed it. We didn't, thanks to you. 👍

Funny thing, I printed out the one Blerk provided as well, but when I got to the terminal they didn’t ask for it nor did I ever receive an email stating that I needed it. I guess maybe the requirements changed between his cruise and mine. Blerk was on the week before me I believe. 

5 minutes ago, Cruise Related said:

Funny thing, I printed out the one Blerk provided as well, but when I got to the terminal they didn’t ask for it nor did I ever receive an email stating that I needed it. I guess maybe the requirements changed between his cruise and mine. Blerk was on the week before me I believe. 

Good to know. Thanks! 

3 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

This thread is not referring to the health questionnaire, well, I guess you could call it a vaccine questionnaire, we are talking about the one question link in your cruise manager asking you to certify your vaccination status. They have their vaccine cards and it should be understood that currently that is as important as your passport if you have no exemption. They filled out the health questions and I did too a couple weeks ago for my sailing the 18th on the Horizon but never was I required to hand over a copy during embarkation. Maybe things changed since you sailed.

image.thumb.png.b1ebc82b6c3f867f884e799b9e86b8d4.pngIn the drop down you select 

Yes

No - I'm not fully vaccinated but i have covid-19 vaccination exemption letter

No - I'm not fully vaccinated and i do not have a covid-19 vaccination exemption letter

I strongly suggest they call customer service if their pvp doesn't give them an exact answer. I know they hold times are long but it's better to be safe than sorry....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, new_cruiser_75 said:

No vaccine question for our November cruise, just the health questionnaire that we can fill out no sooner than 3 days before embarkation 🤨 

Mine came up about 8 weeks prior.  some got it way sooner

• Like 1

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I think so too. Many on my roll call have screen shot the question after hearing you cant board if you don't have it answered or a exemption letter. 

Call someone else. I agree with you. He needs carnival to have this to board.

All 3 of mine look like this..the 2nd of 3 says vaccination status.

20210730_101704.jpg

For what it's worth my Cruise Manager home page looks like this as well for my cruise in 3 weeks- I received an email about Vaccine Status a couple of weeks ago. I'd be nervous about it if I were them, but I'm going out of Texas, could it be something to do with Florida Law? I honestly haven't kept track of Florida's stance on asking questions related to vaccination and where it stands currently or Texas for that matter either as I really don't care if they ask since I'm vaccinated and that's the answer they want, lol but maybe it's that. 

1 hour ago, drolltroll said:

Maybe things changed since you sailed.

Maybe. Carnival was having IT issues just before our cruise and people couldn't fill it out online. The link below is the form we needed and it includes the vaccine question, anyway.  I don't know if they still use it or not.

https://www.carnival.com/~/media/CCLUS/Images/pdf/covid-19-pre-boarding-health-declaration.pdf

• Like 1

I went out of Florida the 18th and had the vaccine question. I am not going to stress my sister out any more about this about telling her what she needs to do or who to call. I have been telling them for 12-14 days now that there is a vaccine question they will need to answer unless something has changed and it sounds as though nothing has changed because I have relayed all of yall's answers to them.. I even offered (two separate times) to look on their booking with some fresh eyes to see if they were overlooking it, because I just got off the Horizon a week ago tomorrow and have done this whole process very recently and never got an answer either way from them. That was probably BIL's doing so if he screwed up trying to be the big know it all man and is trying to do all of this on a little smart phone and does not see the vaccine link then so be it! I don't know what kind of privacy issues he thinks there would be with me looking for them but if he don't care then I guess neither do I except for her sake!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Maybe. Carnival was having IT issues just before our cruise and people couldn't fill it out online. The link below is the form we needed and it includes the vaccine question, anyway.  I don't know if they still use it or not.

https://www.carnival.com/~/media/CCLUS/Images/pdf/covid-19-pre-boarding-health-declaration.pdf

Maybe they filled one of those out and that is why there was no separate link and the link was not needed, I sure hope so.

20 minutes ago, drolltroll said:

Maybe they filled one of those out and that is why there was no separate link and the link was not needed, I sure hope so.

i think worst case they may need to waste a few minutes at the port to fill out something if any information is missing.

47 minutes ago, drolltroll said:

I went out of Florida the 18th and had the vaccine question. I am not going to stress my sister out any more about this about telling her what she needs to do or who to call. I have been telling them for 12-14 days now that there is a vaccine question they will need to answer unless something has changed and it sounds as though nothing has changed because I have relayed all of yall's answers to them.. I even offered (two separate times) to look on their booking with some fresh eyes to see if they were overlooking it, because I just got off the Horizon a week ago tomorrow and have done this whole process very recently and never got an answer either way from them. That was probably BIL's doing so if he screwed up trying to be the big know it all man and is trying to do all of this on a little smart phone and does not see the vaccine link then so be it! I don't know what kind of privacy issues he thinks there would be with me looking for them but if he don't care then I guess neither do I except for her sake!

If you know their booking number and last name, you can add that to your Manage My Bookings page and see their status for yourself. Just click on the Add Booking button