Live from the MSC Virtuosa 3 nights 31st July

nikkiw60

13 hours ago, ConnieTact said:

Nikki, on my Roll Call thread for 4th September, someone is asking what facilities are open in the thermal suite in the Spa. Do you happen to know if the hot tubs and saunas are now open? 
In July they were closed so it would be good to know if the latest lifting of restrictions in England made a difference onboard?

I know you’re probably Just drinking that champagne but of you get a moment……!!! 🥂😂

cheers!! 

Hi Connie, I was in the spa yesterday the sauna and hot tubs were still closed on this sailing. Also if you have spa access eg Aurea of voyagers club perk you need to book a slot to go there in advance as they are still limiting the numbers. Some people were turned away yesterday whilst I was waiting for a treatment.

• Like 1

Nikki, on my Roll Call thread for 4th September, someone is asking what facilities are open in the thermal suite in the Spa. Do you happen to know if the hot tubs and saunas are now open? 
In July they were closed so it would be good to know if the latest lifting of restrictions in England made a difference onboard?

I know you’re probably Just drinking that champagne but of you get a moment……!!! 🥂😂

cheers!! 

Hi Connie, I was in the spa yesterday the sauna and hot tubs were still closed on this sailing. Also if you have spa access eg Aurea of voyagers club perk you need to book a slot to go there in advance as they are still limiting the numbers. Some people were turned away yesterday whilst I was waiting for a treatment.

cheers!! 

So last night was elegant night and the menu showing for this had lobster Thermidor on it as the lobster dish..

When we arrived in the restaurant the menu had changed to the one with Surf and Turf… it was lovely but I would say it was a rump steak and not fillet but the restaurant had a lot of happy people!
Also a lot had made the effort and we’re done up to the nines. 

8ADB804D-FC54-4DF5-961B-AD1017E10DAD.jpeg

2FAE1599-A7BE-46EC-A5DD-413CE6358C25.jpeg

79BB7680-AFE8-49E8-93F7-ABC9CE015A71.jpeg

45B5C64F-6C6A-4637-8845-B31141339018.jpeg

E3E8D008-E5A8-49CC-8F96-BBA6B1F66D28.jpeg

650BDA2D-FE8E-4113-A5EB-9A198F6D3104.jpeg

E81FD89E-D682-4989-A878-DD94EE87140D.jpeg

EC89BF33-C0AD-4635-B9D2-042709B26C2A.jpeg

13519282-CDD2-489E-842B-9D7D673908D6.jpeg

• Like 1

I had never noticed the defibrillator outside the buffet before. Also you were not allowed to enter without using the hand wash stations, and at breakfast you had your temperature checked every morning.

in the evening you had your temperature checked and had sanitiser sprayed on your hands before you could enter the MDR.

DFD19CF8-5CB3-4238-8FF4-DC8B09C4B2D4.jpeg

Edited by nikkiw60
Photo added
  • Like 1

Final comment for now as need to get ready to disembark..

we didn’t get to a show in the end but I am pretty sure the cruise director is Darren who was on our last cruise on the Meraviglia in 2019.

33 minutes ago, nikkiw60 said:

Thanks for this Nikki. It’s helpful to know.

I hope you enjoyed your treatment yesterday.

1 hour ago, ConnieTact said:

Thanks for this Nikki. It’s helpful to know.

I hope you enjoyed your treatment yesterday.

It was odd… I kind of enjoyed it then got a bit panicky for the last few minutes. 

1C3EA9ED-7031-4674-913F-ABF63925F255.jpeg

B9F03C24-1F96-4866-B358-130CA2B3FF4F.jpeg

On 8/2/2021 at 7:27 AM, nikkiw60 said:

It’s back to serving yourselves in the buffet. The queueing is interesting though. Previously on MSC ships you have just gone to the are for what you fancy eg pastries omelette etc, on this ship you form a long queue and work your way down the line!

Total madness, how is this allowed?

3 hours ago, nikkiw60 said:

It was odd… I kind of enjoyed it then got a bit panicky for the last few minutes. 

1C3EA9ED-7031-4674-913F-ABF63925F255.jpeg

B9F03C24-1F96-4866-B358-130CA2B3FF4F.jpeg

Wow! Never saw one of those before! Amazing!

Not sure I could stand being in there though! How long was the treatment and what is it called? 
I hope your disembarkation was smooth and you get home easily. 

17 hours ago, wirral36 said:

We’re treating ourselves to yacht club. Not too sure what to expect as used to genie on royal which is amazing but I don’t think yc will be quite that.  Genies literally make availability happen fir you where there is none. According to others on board, yc doesn’t go thst far unfortunately 

I'd be really surprised if you don't enjoy YC. I know when we were on the ship wasn't as busy as now but it felt like our butler Mary and YC director Rosalina would have gone all out to make things happen. We haven't done Star class but have had OS and GS several times on Freedom class down and it didn't compare to YC. We've now decided that when we are spending that type of money on a cruise it will be in YC.

I agree that if you are friendly and respectful of the staff you get a much better response than the people who bark orders at them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kernow said:

I'd be really surprised if you don't enjoy YC. I know when we were on the ship wasn't as busy as now but it felt like our butler Mary and YC director Rosalina would have gone all out to make things happen. We haven't done Star class but have had OS and GS several times on Freedom class down and it didn't compare to YC. We've now decided that when we are spending that type of money on a cruise it will be in YC.

I agree that if you are friendly and respectful of the staff you get a much better response than the people who bark orders at them.

We’ve tried different rci ships and must be honest, the service on oasis class and quantum class is miles above the other ships and we found the likes of Indy to be so jam packed full of people that you couldn’t move. It wasn’t a fun experience. 

Just now, wirral36 said:

We’ve tried different rci ships and must be honest, the service on oasis class and quantum class is miles above the other ships and we found the likes of Indy to be so jam packed full of people that you couldn’t move. It wasn’t a fun experience. 

Just now, wirral36 said:

We’ve heard amazing things about Mary but unfortunately she’s not on our deck. 

8 minutes ago, wirral36 said:

I was a fan of Oasis and Quantum classes. After my first trip in the YC, I was a believer.

You will find *must* higher quality entertainment on RCCL ships, and the activities on those ships - if you like "active activities" - e.g., Rock Climbing as opposed to trivia - will be better, but that is about it. The YC will surpass it in every other way.

2 hours ago, alyssamma said:

I was a fan of Oasis and Quantum classes. After my first trip in the YC, I was a believer.

You will find *must* higher quality entertainment on RCCL ships, and the activities on those ships - if you like "active activities" - e.g., Rock Climbing as opposed to trivia - will be better, but that is about it. The YC will surpass it in every other way.

Aww thank u. I really appreciate that. There’s a fine line between being all for the kids and active and then mummy and daddy time 😂. Kids will be happy no matter what we do as long as they’re on a ship ! I hope all the tests come back neg !!! I’m paranoid ! 

• 2 weeks later...

So it would appear that someone tested positive on this weeks cruise. They were put into isolation, this I think was on the Friday. We had disembarked by then.

For the entire cruise we had to wear track and trace brackets. These appear to work as in our FB group for this cruise people are posting that they are now receiving isolation messages from NHS. This is a bit late though…

9 hours ago, nikkiw60 said:

So it would appear that someone tested positive on this weeks cruise. They were put into isolation, this I think was on the Friday. We had disembarked by then.

For the entire cruise we had to wear track and trace brackets. These appear to work as in our FB group for this cruise people are posting that they are now receiving isolation messages from NHS. This is a bit late though…

Thanks for telling us. Will keep watching closely for further updates. Hope they contained it and the ones with it were ok.

• Like 1