Thank you Carnival for going the 95/5 route!

MrMarc

3 hours ago, deweytrader said:

Even testing af the pier is not 100 percent.  My son tested negative on 7/24 and on 7/28 both him (10 unvaxxed) and me (fully vaxxed pfizer) tested positive.  Carnival just not telling passengers or crew about the cases.  At least 3 on the 7/24 -7/29 Breeze sailing.

I know the Horizon had some infections also and not a word was mentioned to the other passengers.  I think transparency is a good practice  in this environment.  The passenger who told me about the Horizon felt they were not being straight with them.  Capt Kate is getting this right.  She is on the public address mic updating everyone and preventing rumors and panic. 

I get why you wouldn’t want to advertise it but having it show up on the news after my cruise is over is not ideal.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, audcc77 said:

TheseCherry on Top stores are nasty.  

I saw some lady stick her hand in each of the self serve candy bins and pull out a few pieces and put them in her little paper bag.  

After witnessing that, I had the employee pull a completely unopened box from the back and asked her to fill my bag.   

I told the employee about it and she just shrugged her shoulders. 

I really don’t understand why they don’t take the option away from people to contaminate the candy.  🤢

How can they justify that when at the same time they have changed the buffet to being served instead of self service? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deweytrader said:

Yes once my son and I tested positive of course we were isolated We were in the medical award for hours and hours and then finally transferred to covid quarantine state room 2250.  which to boot which I mentioned in some other post somewhere they charged me for the quarantine room service delivery charge

A charge for quarantine room service delivery is totally unacceptable.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SheSailsFL said:

I know the Horizon had some infections also and not a word was mentioned to the other passengers.  I think transparency is a good practice  in this environment.  The passenger who told me about the Horizon felt they were not being straight with them.  Capt Kate is getting this right.  She is on the public address mic updating everyone and preventing rumors and panic. 

I get why you wouldn’t want to advertise it but having it show up on the news after my cruise is over is not ideal.  

I know of false rumors of some cases on my Horizon cruise. I know of at least one person on Horizon who was mad when they insisted on testing them when they went to the infirmary with symptoms that could have been covid. Carnival is perhaps guilty of not being more diligent in enforcing mask wearing by unvaxinated passengers. One obvious solution is make everyone wear masks indoors - no exceptions.

But still cruise lines are doing better than many expected, but not so good as to relax any restrictions. I think they are reporting to the CDC anything they are required to. The CDC can still shut them down.

3 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

How can they justify that when at the same time they have changed the buffet to being served instead of self service? 

I don’t get it either.  

Even pre-covid.  I am not interested in buying anything food related where someone else’s hands have been in it.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Other cruise lines have served buffets but Carnival's has remained self-service.

Ok, thank you for the correction. I obviously did not realize that when I posted. It does not take away from the problem with the candy as that will be primarily touched by unvaccinated children.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Other cruise lines have served buffets but Carnival's has remained self-service.

Is Carnival having more cases than other cruise lines? The virus is primarily airborne - I'm not sure self-service or not makes much of a difference.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Is Carnival having more cases than other cruise lines? The virus is primarily airborne - I'm not sure self-service or not makes much of a difference.

Exactly.   The change in the buffet is basically pointless.   Changes in ventilation would be the best place to concentrate their efforts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

Exactly.   The change in the buffet is basically pointless.   Changes in ventilation would be the best place to concentrate their efforts.

My thoughts are universal masking indoors. Enforced.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, surfergirl15 said:

Deweytrader could you tell me if you felt sick since you had already been vaccinated, and did you have the Delta variant?

I don't think the covid tests given can determine which you have. Positive results have to be sent to different labs for research under a microscope later to determine. It most cases, it is not worth the cost except for CDC decisions trying to identify what variant.

8 hours ago, MrMarc said:

It was probably first proposed when less was known about Covid. It probably stuck in other cruise lines because it is a good protection against norovirus.

I believe it was also in the original CDC requirements. Again a reflexive reaction to the original thoughts about how Covid was spread. (I still remember DW making me use disinfecting wipes on every piece of grocery I bought. And at the time the one item that was extremely hard to find was those wipes.)

11 hours ago, keels81 said:

Nah, I'm going to say this is on you because you took your unvaccinated child on multiple cruises knowing that they're carriers and spreaders of Covid. Did you mention that y'all had been out of the country within the last 30 days and do the on-site tests?

Agree. And I don't believe Carnival is "hiding" anything. Isolated cases, being handled according to protocols, do not need to be announced and would likely cause widespread panic. Just look at these boards to see how it becomes like the children's game of "Telephone". We are hearing Dewey's interpretation of the events. And while I'm sorry anyone became ill, I'm sure there are other perspectives we are not getting. For example, perhaps the room service delivery charge was added inadvertently/in error/automatically and then removed? A non issue if so, but obviously a cause of concern for Dewey given the emotions running high (understandably). 

IMO we need to breathe and not run around with our hair on fire the minute we see a positive test. It's not going anywhere. 

And now I will wait for the inevitable attacks 🙂

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Joe817 said:

It's getting to the point that it's just not worth it. Maybe in 6 months or a year, but the difficulties are not justifiable. If our cruise in 3 weeks wasn't paid in full, I would have cancelled. But now, I feel like I'm stuck and have no choice but to proceed with the cruise.

[  ok. Rant off  ]

It really is getting to that point of not worth it 😞. We have a b2b in January. Final payment is November & if things get any worse, we will cancel. Unfortunately we will lose $400 deposit. 

17 hours ago, rtazz17 said:

Its a matter of hours before carnival requires negative covid test from vaccinated cruisers. Mark my words.Really not a big deal. A 60 second test. Results 1/2 hr later. Done. Its coming to carnival. Undoubtedly. 

Good!  An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

3 hours ago, Fivehole said:

Agree. And I don't believe Carnival is "hiding" anything. Isolated cases, being handled according to protocols, do not need to be announced and would likely cause widespread panic. Just look at these boards to see how it becomes like the children's game of "Telephone". We are hearing Dewey's interpretation of the events. And while I'm sorry anyone became ill, I'm sure there are other perspectives we are not getting. For example, perhaps the room service delivery charge was added inadvertently/in error/automatically and then removed? A non issue if so, but obviously a cause of concern for Dewey given the emotions running high (understandably). 

IMO we need to breathe and not run around with our hair on fire the minute we see a positive test. It's not going anywhere. 

And now I will wait for the inevitable attacks 🙂

Even if that room service charge for a quarantined room service delivery is eventually lifted, the fact that they would even consider doing so is incredibly uncaring and thoughtless. And we do not know if it will be removed or not.

It's the kind of act that makes whoever is subject to it say to themselves, this is one cruise line I will never, never book again.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Even if that room service charge for a quarantined room service delivery is eventually lifted, the fact that they would even consider doing so is incredibly uncaring and thoughtless. And we do not know if it will be removed or not.

It's the kind of act that makes whoever is subject to it say to themselves, this is one cruise line I will never, never book again.

It is likely an automatic charge and a future process improvement coming, but enjoy your next cruise line.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, surfergirl15 said:

Deweytrader could you tell me if you felt sick since you had already been vaccinated, and did you have the Delta variant?

On board both my son and I were 100% asymptomatic.  Since our time in quarantine I have developed minor symptoms the worst losing my ability to taste/smell. I am mildly stuffed up and have a mild gastrointestinal issue. On a scale of 1 to 10 I would rate my symptoms a 1.  My son has a mild cough/sniffing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, deweytrader said:

On board both my son and I were 100% asymptomatic.  Since our time in quarantine I have developed minor symptoms the worst losing my ability to taste/smell. I am mildly stuffed up and have a mild gastrointestinal issue. On a scale of 1 to 10 I would rate my symptoms a 1.  My son has a mild cough/sniffing.

Thank you for answering.  Are you at home now, still on the ship, or quarantining in a hotel?

8 minutes ago, surfergirl15 said:

Thank you for answering.  Are you at home now, still on the ship, or quarantining in a hotel?

My son and I both positive are currently quarantining in a hotel in Houston since we live in Connecticut.  My husband and daughter both negative are in quarantine in a separate room. My husband since vaccinated could fly home at any time however my daughter(9) unvaxxed needed needs to quarantine because she was a close exposure for min of 7 days . And needs to continue to test negative...