Live- Adventure of the Seas July 31, 2021

25 minutes ago, natefish95 said:

What was your debarkation process like? After my cruise I have a flight at noon and I'm a bit nervous, but will just plan on being one of the first people off to hopefully beat the rush. Did you do a Royal transfer or taxi? 

I have learned over the years that the departure numbers are suggestions.  My daughter didn’t want to leave our cabin  even 10 minutes before our “time” (820a). We walked out and told her she’d better come or she was getting left behind. No one asked us our departure number and we took the elevator down and got right off. No line no wait. 

We bought the transfer, so we walked off the boat and there was a guy holding a sign. From the same company that bussed us from Hilton to Pier. They had the buses closer to the ship than where we were dropped off to get on last week. So quick walk to bus. It’s a short bus so it fills quickly and quick ride to airport. 

Luggage was under tent in short term parking and cross a street and you’re in the terminal. Easy process and no cabbie hassle. We had come in two days early so only needed ride to airport. $20/pp. 

Through VeriFLY check in, security and US customs. 810a left cabin. 10a at gate. 

29 minutes ago, umaine89 said:

I have learned over the years that the departure numbers are suggestions.  My daughter didn’t want to leave our cabin  even 10 minutes before our “time” (820a). We walked out and told her she’d better come or she was getting left behind. No one asked us our departure number and we took the elevator down and got right off. No line no wait. 

We bought the transfer, so we walked off the boat and there was a guy holding a sign. From the same company that bussed us from Hilton to Pier. They had the buses closer to the ship than where we were dropped off to get on last week. So quick walk to bus. It’s a short bus so it fills quickly and quick ride to airport. 

Luggage was under tent in short term parking and cross a street and you’re in the terminal. Easy process and no cabbie hassle. We had come in two days early so only needed ride to airport. $20/pp. 

Through VeriFLY check in, security and US customs. 810a left cabin. 10a at gate. 

When I finally left my cabin on Adventure on July 3rd there was a crew member in the elevator lobby -- working both elevator sections (on my deck -- 😎 who did actually ask to see the number on a luggage tag to make sure I was in a group that had been called.

Numbers may sometimes not matter too much with regard to getting off the ship, they do when it comes to luggage being available as the luggage does get sorted by tag number when collected the night before and they will move that luggage to the pickup point in tag number order. If someone had a significantly higher number and tried to leave the ship at the beginning of the process, at least pre-COVID it was likely your luggage wasn't there in the pickup area yet. Of course, if you were bringing bringing all your luggage with you, it really doesn't matter what your number is. And odds are even if they do try to enforce a certain pacing of departures by tag number, you could still talk your way through it.

Edited by dswallow

On 8/6/2021 at 7:43 AM, MorganClark said:

Coiled up snake.

FWIW, my first thought was snake too.  Then I turned my screen sideways, so the photo was the right way up, and decided rabbit.  🙃

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kevnick0814 said:

Good Morning,

CC Jet Ski excursion: Have you done the same on Labadee? I have 3x. loved it, and am wondering if CC is set up the same. Experienced riders up front, allowed to go fast, a couple of stops to regroup, etc. 

Let me know your overall thoughts. Thanks! 👍

Haven't been to Labadee (yet). The CC jet ski excursion has a guide up front and one trailing in the back. They did go by skill level with the more skilled jet skiers in the front positions. I felt good because after they guides saw me operating for awhile, they moved me up forward a position (a "promotion"). Or, the guy in front of me was that bad, lol. The excursion was a blast! We did "S" turns and jumped wakes and of course, jumped the waves (some parts of our run were more choppy than others). At one point, we stopped for a swim call. I'd definitely do it again.

Edited by MorganClark

4 hours ago, umaine89 said:

AB04FE97-A01C-45A2-AE5F-2907D566D5F5.thumb.jpeg.312219036c4e88f057f210deb4df53f3.jpeg

That’s the end. We are at the airport. We had a great cruise for our fourth time on Adventure. Clearly this was the best one of the four. I think wearing masks will be disappointing going forward, but I’d do it again, even with the mask rules as they exist starting today. 

At the airport, VeriFLY line had two people ahead of us. The regular check in line had at 30 people in it. If you fly American, do VeriFLY and you’ll save yourself a bunch of time.  You do have to figure out where the VeriFLY line is. We asked an American rep and she put us in the right spot. 

Thank you for doing this LIVE thread. I really enjoyed following along (and playing the "guess the towel animal" game, lol). I guess it is now up to @natefish95to "carry the baton" and also do a LIVE thread (no pressure Nate, lol). Yeah, I also had a great cruise on Adventure OTS on July 17th. Great crew and ship.  So much so, that I just booked MSC Meraviglia on a B2B out of Miami on Aug 27th!

Edited by MorganClark

1 hour ago, MorganClark said:

I also had a great cruise on Adventure OTS on July 17th. Great crew and ship.  So much so, that I just booked MSC Meraviglia on a B2B out of Miami on Aug 27th!

Retirement sounds nice.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Retirement sounds nice.

@umaine89did you hear how many passengere were onboard? I asked 3 different people and was told around 900. Our waitress said it was upper 800's.  We were the only two people she had at the 5:30 seating.  She was supposed to have two other tables but they canceled the cruise just before sailing. Talk about personal service. 

6 hours ago, dswallow said:

When I finally left my cabin on Adventure on July 3rd there was a crew member in the elevator lobby -- working both elevator sections (on my deck -- 😎 who did actually ask to see the number on a luggage tag to make sure I was in a group that had been called.

Numbers may sometimes not matter too much with regard to getting off the ship, they do when it comes to luggage being available as the luggage does get sorted by tag number when collected the night before and they will move that luggage to the pickup point in tag number order. If someone had a significantly higher number and tried to leave the ship at the beginning of the process, at least pre-COVID it was likely your luggage wasn't there in the pickup area yet. Of course, if you were bringing bringing all your luggage with you, it really doesn't matter what your number is. And odds are even if they do try to enforce a certain pacing of departures by tag number, you could still talk your way through it.

To run the bluff correctly, you can’t have a luggage tag with you. It is the helpful to be wheeling all of your luggage with you. 

If you leave your luggage out overnight, I agree that if you are NOT at a port like San Juan or Nassau where all the luggage is laid out in one place, then leaving early may not gain you anything except waiting in a different spot. 

3 hours ago, kpauley said:

@umaine89did you hear how many passengere were onboard? I asked 3 different people and was told around 900. Our waitress said it was upper 800's.  We were the only two people she had at the 5:30 seating.  She was supposed to have two other tables but they canceled the cruise just before sailing. Talk about personal service. 

I heard 900. Nice personal service!  Our waiter had about 5 tables. 

20 hours ago, MorganClark said:

Haven't been to Labadee (yet). The CC jet ski excursion has a guide up front and one trailing in the back. They did go by skill level with the more skilled jet skiers in the front positions. I felt good because after they guides saw me operating for awhile, they moved me up forward a position (a "promotion"). Or, the guy in front of me was that bad, lol. The excursion was a blast! We did "S" turns and jumped wakes and of course, jumped the waves (some parts of our run were more choppy than others). At one point, we stopped for a swim call. I'd definitely do it again.

Sounds great! Thanks for the detail. 

It sounds like the exact set up as Labadee, except the swim call at CC is replaced by a vendor stop with Labadee locals who paddle up in canoes selling their souvenirs.

• Like 1