Meraviglia August 2nd

thepla

We had 8am and left Hyatt regency at 7:15, arriving 7:30. Several people here. By time 8 arrived there were maybe couple hundred people here.

They were a tad late getting started. We were inside at 8:40, lines once inside were fast. We were in our room by 9:45 to 10. We were first on ship.

Covid screening was fast and put into bullpens by a number. Our number was first. One family pulled, I guess to a positive COVID-19 test.

Once in board booked butchers cut for diamond benefit. Booked a couple shows and walking around ship.

Room was ready when we boarded, like I posted in another thread. One benefit of being first cruise out 

Looking forward to a great cruise.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, logan25 said:

Are any venues designated “vaccinated only”?

We're both vaccinated and they mentioned there were some. I just did not experience.

No welcome or diamond reception in daily planner. I could understand in an attempt to avoid a large gatherings.

No self serve at buffet, which I think make sense.

It's still early so it makes sense that it would appear to be a little light in terms of people. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Youngcruiser1994 said:

Have you been provided with paper planners or whatever they are called on msc?

Yes. Daily planner. Typical advertising etc also in room. People here could not be any nicer.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, alyssamma said:

What is the mask situation like? What are the rules, and are people following them?

Masks required so far everywhere but it was raining, so I've been inside. Unfortunately you see people not wearing masks properly.

22 minutes ago, Margaretealexander said:

Any and all updates welcomed

I must say for as weird as customer support can be prior to cruise their onsite staff is wonderful. 

Their announcements make it clear to wear masks except eating or drinking and some areas (I do not know what that means yet) for vaccinated people.

No room service menu for breakfast need to scan qr code. Qr code needed for everything for menus etc 

I seemed to remember our last msc cruise from Italy had many more non alcoholic drinks. Maybe I'm wrong but only like five or six generic one. I guess I'll ask later for suggestions.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thepla said:

Masks required so far everywhere but it was raining, so I've been inside. Unfortunately you see people not wearing masks properly.

Thanks for this. So, a few more follow ups if you don't mind...

1) When you say "everywhere" does this just mean when walking inside, or masks in bars, etc.

2) Are crew members telling anyone to put their masks on or is it kinds of a free for all?

3) Even if mask protocols aren't being followed, are people social distancing?

Thanks again!

17 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

1) When you say "everywhere" does this just mean when walking inside, or masks in bars, etc.

2) Are crew members telling anyone to put their masks on or is it kinds of a free for all?

Thanks again!

We've been to almost every deck without cabins and everyone is wearing masks. We tried to enter buffet are and we're stopped to wash our hands, they had sinks in entrance. So they stop you.

Many crew members have bottles of sanitizers cleaning all sitting areas by bars, buffet, etc 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, thepla said:

We've been to almost every deck without cabins and everyone is wearing masks. We tried to enter buffet are and we're stopped to wash our hands, they had sinks in entrance. So they stop you.

Many crew members have bottles of sanitizers cleaning all sitting areas by bars, buffet, etc 

Thank you very much!

I'll be there in 2 weeks and trying to figure out what to expect 🙂

3 hours ago, alyssamma said:

Thanks again!

Mainly transiting. You don't need a mask while sitting eating or drinking. No mask at pool. I'm told there are vaccinated events, depicted by a v on the dailies where it's only for vaccinated and no mask required. 

Crew is enforcing mask if it's not worn or not appropriately.

They've sectioned off chairs for social distancing with xs but people are sitting their anyways. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, slickpat said:

Mainly transiting. You don't need a mask while sitting eating or drinking. No mask at pool. I'm told there are vaccinated events, depicted by a v on the dailies where it's only for vaccinated and no mask required. 

They've sectioned off chairs for social distancing with xs but people are sitting their anyways. 

Thank you so much!

45 minutes ago, slickpat said:

You are correct. There are three occurrences of a show tonight. One we're taking is for vaccinated only. I did not know that but turned out they way 

• Like 1