It Appears HAL is adding to the MDR Menus

LAFFNVEGAS

Since we have another Alaska cruise coming up my Navigator App updated Sunday showing our September 4 sailing. I can now finally access that reservation there. 
Yesterday I pulled up the menu for what would hav been Silver Gala night and it was identical to what we had last week. But in pulling up up this evenings menu it appears to have several new selections. Now last week we dined in Tamarind on Monday night but we had pulled up the menu before heading up to Tamarind. This menu is definitely has more entree’s and some interesting ones I would definitely try if this will be the menu for September. 
so with fingers crossed HAL is upping the game with the menus. 

B147184B-D30A-47DD-904B-85DFB604548C.png

• Like 15

1 minute ago, rucrazy said:

Is just a regional change to compliment the Itinerary?

During my most recent HAL cruises, there has been a regional specialty, usually offered by one of their Culinary Council Chefs, available.  Sometimes, more than one.  

8 minutes ago, Himself said:

I recall the menus of ten or twe7nty years ago, They were much better

Your memory is correct.  

2 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Since we have another Alaska cruise coming up my Navigator App updated Sunday showing our September 4 sailing. I can now finally access that reservation there. 
Yesterday I pulled up the menu for what would hav been Silver Gala night and it was identical to what we had last week. But in pulling up up this evenings menu it appears to have several new selections. Now last week we dined in Tamarind on Monday night but we had pulled up the menu before heading up to Tamarind. This menu is definitely has more entree’s and some interesting ones I would definitely try if this will be the menu for September. 

Could you help me navigate the Navigator app?  I am on the Eurodam August 15 and when I pull up dining in the MDR, all they are showing is one menu (different for breakfast, lunch and dinner).  Is there a way to get the menus for each day of the next 2 weeks?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lindancer said:

Could you help me navigate the Navigator app?  I am on the Eurodam August 15 and when I pull up dining in the MDR, all they are showing is one menu (different for breakfast, lunch and dinner).  Is there a way to get the menus for each day of the next 2 weeks?

No I think it is a daily thing like it was on the ship. Breakfast and lunch do not change but the Dinner menu has been changing like on the ship. Today when I looked at the dinner menu it was different than last night which was a Gala night. The dinner menu I posted above is similar to what it was last Monday but with more items to choose from. I am sure there will be a different one to view tomorrow. Or at least that is what I am observing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rkacruiser said:

The Breakfast menu never changes unless there are Breakfast specials offered.  But, the lunch menu did not change?  

It did not last week but who knows maybe it will for Future Sailings . Unless I totally missed that it changed , I quit looking at it after day 3

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

No I think it is a daily thing like it was on the ship. Breakfast and lunch do not change but the Dinner menu has been changing like on the ship. Today when I looked at the dinner menu it was different than last night which was a Gala night. The dinner menu I posted above is similar to what it was last Monday but with more items to choose from. I am sure there will be a different one to view tomorrow. Or at least that is what I am observing.

Well, I wouldn't have even thought of checking the menu on the app, so thanks for sharing.

1 minute ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

It did not last week but who knows maybe it will for Future Sailings . Unless I totally missed that it changed , I quit looking at it after day 3

Ok May need to correct myself 🤭I just looked at what it was for lunch today and while limited it is totally different than the first few days on our sailing. I just never bother to check since it had been the same. 

• Like 3

Just now, LAFFNVEGAS said:

There have been posts about possible supply issues for the ship that has resulted in the menu offerings.  One post that I read was that the Officer to whom the poster spoke on the Nieuw Amsterdam said that they had just 30 days to prepare for your sailing and it was not "a sure thing" even then.  

The supply chain remains broken.  My favorite Australian wine has been out of stock for months.  No surprise if all of the cruise lines have not experienced the same issue.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

There have been posts about possible supply issues for the ship that has resulted in the menu offerings.  One post that I read was that the Officer to whom the poster spoke on the Nieuw Amsterdam said that they had just 30 days to prepare for your sailing and it was not "a sure thing" even then.  

The supply chain remains broken.  My favorite Australian wine has been out of stock for months.  No surprise if all of the cruise lines have not experienced the same issue.  

You are right and it’s even affecting Wine from the Suppliers.  

8 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

This is the menu I see in Navigator today from home and is identical to the screenshot I took from my navigator app last week. Would love to hear from someone onboard if this is what they are actually serving. Hoping they actually are expanding. 

4 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Ok May need to correct myself 🤭I just looked at what it was for lunch today and while limited it is totally different than the first few days on our sailing. I just never bother to check since it had been the same. 

I believe lunch is the same daily with the exception of Monday where they do limited items due to the early arrival in Juneau. Have not been onboard yet but am following along in my Navigator app (assuming this is accurate). Will definitely update week after next when we are onboard. 

8 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

There have been so many supply chain issues in the food service industry (restaurants, grocery stores, etc) would not be surprised if cruise lines aren't also facing supply chain issues as they start back up.

Can definitely confirm this for the PNW in particular. I work for a large hotel chain with excellent procurement processes and we have been significantly impacted. We have no idea what is showing up from our orders and our chef has had to go to grocery and big box stores to get the basics. We normally serve liquid eggs and we couldn't get them. They had to get a ton and have several employees spend an evening cracking eggs so that we could do breakfast. I can only imagine how a cruise line is doing where they essentially rely on 1 restock point for the whole week. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lindancer said:

As far as I know it only shows the current night menu but when I get onboard on the 14th I will report back if I find anything. I think I saw someone say they could pull on the TV when they got to their room but that when they got to the day it was a different menu often. 

I pulled up the menu for tonight on the Navigator and it appears to be the same as last Tuesday in Icy Strait Point, although the layout of the menu is different. We had hoped to get back on board in time to try to go to the Open Dining for Prime Rib but did not get back in time from the Whale Watch.

Not sure if I am seeing these updated menus because just got off or because we board in 30 days but these are definitely updated menus 👍🏻

ACEEE112-A8B7-4579-9173-AE8CEFCEE5E6.png

• Like 5

15 hours ago, zgscl said:

As far as I know it only shows the current night menu but when I get onboard on the 14th I will report back if I find anything. I think I saw someone say they could pull on the TV when they got to their room but that when they got to the day it was a different menu often. 

We could on the TV only pull up the menus for each night. I think they pretty much remained the same, another words if you pulled up Fridays menu on Tuesday it was still the same menu on Friday.

• Like 2