Carnival Versus other lines.

Cruise Related

On 8/2/2021 at 3:40 PM, Cruise Related said:

Tell me, what does Carnival provide for you that other lines do not? What makes you choose the fun ships over other lines? I personally have tried RCCL and Carnival. Wanting to try MSC and have a huge massive like 16 day cruise book on NCL in 2022 to see what they are about. Totally excited for British style pub with all the wings. I’m a wing man! But carnival is budget friendly, wonderful booze, and overall just a good freaking time. So im kinda biased. RCCL, wasnt a fan of the food, the entertainment was freaking fantastic compared to Carnival, but I feel that’s their only leg up. So, what makes you sail Carnival over and over? 

I really like the variety of offerings on the ships.  The food items like Guy's places (burgs and bbq), the Alchemy Bar, and the other venues.

The entertainment is lousy on Carnival, and they don't care about their guests like other cruise lines.  IMHO, YMMV.  I find, personally, that NCL offers the best balance between venues, food, entertainment and service.  You'll also find a different clientele on board the other cruise lines, and I'll leave it at that.

• Like 1

I like the Royal Caribbean Oasis class ships . They probably charge more but i am of the opinion you get what you pay for . I dont typically check other cruise line pricing. If i ever decide to cruise again it will only be the Oasis class . Do some youtube videos of ships that may interest you .

• Thanks 1

I went on the Vista when it was new because of the layout and all the new things they offered.

I had not been on a CCL ship since 1990's.  I did really like Vista and I am hopefully on the Panorama after two cancels.  I will have a Havana room this time.  I like their idea of areas along the ocean front to sit as well.  CCL does try to still provide a lot of deck space.

I had a Spa interior room on Vista, and it was the nicest bed ever.  I enjoyed the pools with the huts and benches.  Oh and then Guy's burgers!!!!!!.  great to have nice hot grilled burgers by the pool.  No limp burgers from the buffet for me. NOPE...

• Like 1

Carnival is best for price if you don't need flights.  We started using NCL because of the two for one flights.  Plus they have things like a snow room and an ice bar. I'm big into bells and whistles so NCL ticks all my boxes lately.

I've looked into MSC as far as price but their website was a turn off.  I cruise for ports and excursions and it looks like if you are into extravagant cruise line excursions (dog sledding in Alaska, etc.) you are out of luck.  

Edited by CruizinKittie40
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, loman said:

I like the Royal Caribbean Oasis class ships . They probably charge more but i am of the opinion you get what you pay for . I dont typically check other cruise line pricing. If i ever decide to cruise again it will only be the Oasis class . Do some youtube videos of ships that may interest you .

That's my first choice. I cant wait for allure to come to Galveston and dont care it's slightly more expensive. I prefer Galveston first, price and ship next. 

I have a b2b dec 2022 on allure ... and I thought the little bit extra $$$ was worth it. Now oasis .. not worth it, spring break 2023, might get cancelled... 

I liked the hints the next new carnival ship sister to mardi gras might come to Galveston.  Yipee. I'd love to do the new ship, but I prefer Galveston.  The 3rd unnamed as of yet ship  I think originally was for costa. 

53 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

That's my first choice. I cant wait for allure to come to Galveston and dont care it's slightly more expensive. I prefer Galveston first, price and ship next. 

I have a b2b dec 2022 on allure ... and I thought the little bit extra $$$ was worth it. Now oasis .. not worth it, spring break 2023, might get cancelled... 

I liked the hints the next new carnival ship sister to mardi gras might come to Galveston.  Yipee. I'd love to do the new ship, but I prefer Galveston.  The 3rd unnamed as of yet ship  I think originally was for costa. 

Yes, your local port of Galveston will be getting Excel 3, supposedly in late 2023.  Don't think there will be an Excel 4.  Carnival has 3 Vista Class and will have 3 Excel Class.  There is nowhere for them to put it.  Carnival will not go to Europe on a permanent basis because of the other European based lines in the corporation fleet.   Carnival ignores NYC except for occasional Magic sailings.  They could get a Vista Class ship, but it would be a short lived thing like in 2018 when I went on the Horizon. And the west coast could not support an Excel ship on a permanent basis.