Special Occasion Treats

cltnccruisers

1 minute ago, TeeRick said:

A few years back we were in a "mere" Sky Suite on Connie out of Venice.  Somehow our butler knew about my dw's birthday.  We did not mention it at all.  We returned from an excursion and found our cabin decorated with balloons and banners.  And he wheeled in a cart with sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries.  My dw thought it was me of course.  But it wasn't and I admitted that to her.  Nice memory!

Yes, we have found that X does try to make special occasions memorable.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

A few years back we were in a "mere" Sky Suite on Connie out of Venice.  Somehow our butler knew about my dw's birthday.  We did not mention it at all.  We returned from an excursion and found our cabin decorated with balloons and banners.  And he wheeled in a cart with sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries.  My dw thought it was me of course.  But it wasn't and I admitted that to her.  Nice memory!

Imagine the "extra" points you could have scored with DW, if you had told her that you with painstaking detail, planned it down to the exact details.  Don't come a knocking if the cabin is rocking.

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

You admitted it?  Man, I'd have ridden that like a rented mule as long as I could.  😀

16 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Imagine the "extra" points you could have scored with DW, if you had told her that you with painstaking detail, planned it down to the exact details.  Don't come a knocking if the cabin is rocking.

Yeah maybe I am too honest sometimes for my own good!

We just got off the Equinox on Aug 15.    My birthday was during our cruise but I told no one.    We get back to our room one night after dinner and there were balloons, a card and a Happy Birthday sign.   Plus goodies to eat.

We met a couple who sat at the table next to us at dinner and it also was the wife's birthday during our cruise.  She said she got balloons and a card, etc, too.   Then on the last day of our cruise at dinner several dining room personnel came to our tables with a special chocolate cake for each of us and they sang Happy Birthday.